Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Black Library "New" Releases

  1. #1
    Brother Sergeant Bellerophon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    56

    Black Library "New" Releases

    So just a bit ago the Templar audio was released, alongside a hardback of Crimson Fist, and the ebook of Prince of Crows. Kind of a bummer for me, in the sense I don't really listen to the audios, but more so because I honestly would of rather had the book releases switch formats (Prince of Crows in the hardback, Crimson Fist the ebook) but that's just me being picky, and wanting more Night Lords.

    I'm in no rush, I'm waiting for Damnation to come out along with Imperial Truth which I am hoping is sometime in the winter, if not at least this time next year.

    Anyway whose buying what?

    I'll wait to get Crimson Fist probably later on just to complete my collection of physical copies and sate my OCD.
    Quote Originally Posted by cornonthecob View Post
    Throw a primarch at it.

  2. #2

    Re: Black Library "New" Releases

    Well I just got my copy of Stormcaller in the mail, and regarding new releases I found these in the Coming Soon section;

    Sagas of the Wolf by Nick Kyme and Andy Smillie - An audio drama omnibus containing the following audio dramas: Thunder from Fenris, Doomseeker and Deathwolf.

    Blood on the Mountain by Ben Counter (A Sanctus Reach novella)

    Iceclaw by Ben Counter (A Sanctus Reach audio drama)

    No idea what the last two are, but I liked Ben Counter's Arjac Rockfist novella so i'll give them a shot so long as they are reasonably priced.


    SH
    Quote Originally Posted by ADB
    Argel Tal drowned his answer in the emotionless mask of a crested, silver-faced helm.

    "I've seen into the hell behind reality. It stole my sense of humour."

    Kharn didn't reply. Hard to argue with that.

  3. #3

    Re: Black Library "New" Releases

    This was previewed in a novel? Than I assume, Sanctus Reach is the name of the next 40k Warzone book. They did the same with Valedor, where the advertisement for the novel was printed in the Damocles novel.

  4. #4

    Re: Black Library "New" Releases

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWarrior1981 View Post
    This was previewed in a novel? Than I assume, Sanctus Reach is the name of the next 40k Warzone book. They did the same with Valedor, where the advertisement for the novel was printed in the Damocles novel.
    Ah but in Damocles' Coming Soon list Valedor was listed as "An Apocalypse Novel." These new Space Wolf products are listed as "A Sanctus Reach [Insert product here]."

    If they were 40k Warzone books then they'd be listed as such. And there'd be actual background on them. I googled Sanctus Reach and all it found was this;

    Quote Originally Posted by 40k Wiki
    The Red WAAAGH! (443.998.M41) - Warlord Grukk of the Red WAAAGH! ploughs into the densely populated Sanctus Reach, his crusade's juggernaut momentum smashing past the Space Marine homeworld of Obstiria to plunder the planets beyond. The Imperium prepares to make a stand upon Alaric Prime, a Feudal World of linked archipelagos and crumbling gaols. When a flotilla of Ork rust-ships make planetfall, the knightly houses of Alaric lead their Cadian allies in a worldwide counterattack. Warlord Grukk's bullish tactics take a heavy toll on the human defenders before the legendary Freeblade known as Gerantius, the Forgotten Knight, joins the conflict, tipping the war into a new phase of desperate battle.
    The Space Wolves aren't listed in that or even mentioned. So it may be that this could be similar to the Sabbat Worlds for Dan Abnett and the Bastion Wars for Henry Zou, a newly created warzone especially for Ben Counter. At least I hope it could be that.


    SH
    Quote Originally Posted by ADB
    Argel Tal drowned his answer in the emotionless mask of a crested, silver-faced helm.

    "I've seen into the hell behind reality. It stole my sense of humour."

    Kharn didn't reply. Hard to argue with that.

  5. #5
    Brother Sergeant Bellerophon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    56

    Re: Black Library "New" Releases

    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Hunter View Post
    Well I just got my copy of Stormcaller in the mail, and regarding new releases I found these in the Coming Soon section;

    Sagas of the Wolf by Nick Kyme and Andy Smillie - An audio drama omnibus containing the following audio dramas: Thunder from Fenris, Doomseeker and Deathwolf.

    Blood on the Mountain by Ben Counter (A Sanctus Reach novella)

    Iceclaw by Ben Counter (A Sanctus Reach audio drama)

    No idea what the last two are, but I liked Ben Counter's Arjac Rockfist novella so i'll give them a shot so long as they are reasonably priced.


    SH
    Maybe I am just dense this morning but I thought BL got rid of their Coming Soon section?
    Quote Originally Posted by cornonthecob View Post
    Throw a primarch at it.

  6. #6

    Re: Black Library "New" Releases

    They do stuff like this in novels from time to time.

    @Soul Hunter:

    You are correct, it was advertised as an apoc novel. Maybe it is a tie in to the new orks? We will see.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •