Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Still's Heresy Log

Re: Still's Heresy Log

Today I bought a ticket for a Apocalypse even next month, and pledged to take 8,000 points of painted Mechanicum. Damn. Luckily, I have progressed a little more, but I really need to pick the pace up!

First pass at corroding the Abayant. Needs more work.

Thanatar is getting there. I tidied the shoulder up a little and did a few minors bits and pieces, such as first pass over the plasma coils and the glossy visor (to tie in with the Thallax). Also went across the rest of the army and painted the plasma coils the initial basecoat.

I picked up some new building kits and gave my table the first pass with the grey primer. Huge amounts of work to go!

What comes next? This lot does.

There are three Krios Venators, 5 more Castellax, and a 2nd Thanatar. Unfortunately FW weren't able to cast up a Questoris Knight Magaera in time for me to collect it, so it's in the post. In another similar pile at home are 40 Tech Thralls and 3 more Myrmidon Secutors. I think my Mechanicum might be my largest 30k army now.
    Still's Heresy Log - Thousand Sons; new and improved following MKA Masterclass course.

Follow me @The1000thSon.

More work on the board.

5 colours of spray, 4 colours of weathering powders and a whole tin of 'Ard Coat. I think it's looking a little too bright still, so I am going to attack it with the black spray again.
    Still's Heresy Log - Thousand Sons; new and improved following MKA Masterclass course.

Follow me @The1000thSon.

2 months since I've updated this thing. Progress has been made, however between children, work and Apocalypticon, there hasn't been a lot of time to update. I am currently working to get a portion of my Thousand Sons battle ready. Rather than stare at 170 models and wonder where the hell do I start, I've written a list and will be painting that in order to maintain my focus. Here is the list.

Librarian lvl 2
    Artificer Armour, Refractor Field, Luminiferous Resonator

Librarian lvl 2
    Artificer Armour, Refractor Field

Siege Breaker (Warlord, thanks to the new FAQ)
    Artificer Armour, Combi-Plasma

3 Rapier Laser Destroyers

3 Apothecary
    Augury Scanners

10 Veteran Tactical Marines
    Vet w/ Power Fist, Combi-Melta
    2 Melta Gun, Vexilla

15 Tactical Marines
    Vet w/ Plasma Pistol, Heavy Chainblade
    Vexilla

10 Breacher Marines
    Vet w/ Power Fist, Breaching Charge
    2 Grav Guns, Vexilla

10 Heavy Support Marines
    10 Autocannons

Sicaran
    Lascannon Sponsons, Armoured Ceramite

2,000 pts.

The infantry is about 40-50% complete, and I'll be pushing to get that done first. I've also ordered some printable decal sheets for my chapter logos, which I hope will work out neater than my shakey freehand.

Will post update photos after work.

Follow me @The1000thSon.

I like where this is going. Subb'd
    IT ARE PLOG! OMGZZZ!!1!1111!!
    currently dark angels successors and infinity
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293230
    my for sale thread: beastmen, highelves, ltd edition models and more!
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...88#post5318488

I am focusing on infantry at the moment, as I feel I need to get a solid core of boots done before I move on to fancier stuff.

This is what my colour scheme looks like.

As I am sure you've already noticed, I've deviated from the established scheme slightly. *I have inverted the shoulder colours. *Rather than white symbols on red pads, I am going red symbols on white pads. *This is for a couple of reasons. *Firstly, it helps to differentiate the models from other, more common red armour such as the Blood Angels and Word Bearers. *Secondly, I feel it is a subtle nod towards the Blood Ravens, and finally, because I think it looks nicer.

The first models I painted for this army were a squad of Tactical Veteran Marines, and I painted them with bone coloured shoulders, exactly like Blood Ravens. *However, I have altered the scheme since, so I am currently updating these models into line with my new scheme. *You'll notice I have also dremelled out the Sgt's helmet too. *I made a bit of a mess of the neck seals, so have a little touch up work to do there. *Nothing too major though.

Finally, here is a group shot of most of my army. *The grey terminators and contemptor, on the bottom left are nothing to do with this army, they are Death Guard dude. *The picture is missing 20 more Tactical Marines and 10 Tactical Support Marines who I hadn't built at the time of taking the picture.

So that's where we stand.

EDIT: May have posted that last picture before. Oh well, enjoy it again.
    Last edited by Still Standing; 03-12-2014 at 00:18.

Follow me @The1000thSon.

Today's progress.

Follow me @The1000thSon.

I need a permanent record of my colour scheme. To date I have been guestimating; at some point I will forget, which could end in disaster.

Thousand Sons Legionnaires.

Armour.
    1: Halfords Red Spray Primer.
    2: GW Blood Red - Heavy drybrush
    3: Army Painter Strong Tone - All over wash
    4: GW Blazing Orange - Light drybrush
    5: Army Painter Strong Tone - All over wash
    6: GW Blazing Orange - Subtle edge highlight

Gold.
    1: Vallejo Liquid Gold Old Gold - Base coat
    2: GW Gryphonne Sepia - Specific wash
    3: Vellejo Liquid Gold Old Gold - Edge Highlight
    Pads.
    1: Vallejo Model Colour White - 3/4 layer base coat
    2: GW Gryphonne Sepia - Specific Wash.
    3: Using a wet brush draw the wash out of the centre of the pads until white. I guess this might be a form of blending that those real painters do...

Silver.
    1: Vallejo Liquid Gold Silver - Base coat
    2: GW Nuln Oil - Specific wash

Gems.
    1: Vallejo Model Colour Dark Prusia Blue - Base coat
    2: Vallejo Model Colour Dark Blue - Layer
    3: Vallejo Model Colour Deep Sky Blue - Edge highlight
    4: Vallejo Model Colour White - Spot highlight

Bases.
    1: Vallejo Model Colour Black - Base coat
    2: Vallejo Model Colour Mahogany Brown - Heavy drybrush
    3: Vallejo Model Colour English Uniform - Medium drybrush
    4: Vallejo Model Colour Buff - Light drybrush
    5: GW Agrax Earthshade - All over wash

All that to get what looks like 3 colour minimum...
    Last edited by Still Standing; 05-12-2014 at 23:28.

Follow me @The1000thSon.

Here is my latest Tactical Marine I've painted tonight. I plan on having a number of "exchange" Marines scattered throughout my army, and here is the first one.

What do you think?

Follow me @The1000thSon.

These are really nice mate. Like the idea of exchange Marines, much like UK and US forces do.
    Using Tapatalk

If anybody is interested, I made some transfers for my shoulder pads. I put them up for download. Honestly, i doubt anybody wants them, but they are HERE anyway. It's an A4 powerpoint file. Just print on clear decal paper.

Follow me @The1000thSon.

How do you get the bronze colour for your mechanicum units?

That's the simplest metal ever. Vallejo Liquid Gold range Old Gold, with a couple of layers of GW Black Wash.

Follow me @The1000thSon.

Sometimes the simplest looks the best ha, it looks really good, so simply paint Vallejo old gold and then a good few washes of nuln oil?

I'm a bit new to this sorry if it feels like I've just asked you the same question.

Yes exactly that. Some of the models are painted with black primer, some with red. It doesn't really matter as the Liquid Gold range are opaque.

Follow me @The1000thSon.

Ok cheers for that mate!

In February I am going to the Horus Heresy Weekender, and plan on doing some gaming on the day before. To that end I'm rushing to get a 2,000 point army painted in time. This is the army, and I have been pushing hard to do it. For some reason I am actually starting to enjoy the painting process. Who am I, and what have I done with Still, right?

Currently working on the Sicaran, which look hideous right now, but it will come together.

If I told you I'd spent about 5 hours on this tank already you wouldn't believe me. I really am the slowest painter in NATO!

Follow me @The1000thSon.

A little work on the weapons.

Follow me @The1000thSon.

The work of 2 evenings. I guess it's starting to look like a paint job. Still a long way to go.

Follow me @The1000thSon.

That's starting to look good with the depth on the metal. Keep it up!

One suggestion would be to paint some colour onto the guns. You could use the red on stuff like the end of the lascannon or the shield things on teh autocannon, for example. And some kind of spot colours so everything's not either red or metal.

Blackness. The void. Not the void between the stars, but the void behind the eyes.

Redness. A million shades of red. An eternity of red.

Existence distilled to black and red. The void followed by pain. Pain followed by fear; rage; hatred. Then emptiness. The void; forever. Even forever ends. When eternity ends, all is red.

Atrax had once been a proud House, and strong. She had survived Old Night. She had
    thrived during Old Night. The inviolate flesh of their knightly suits proof against the dark. Their blades reaping a terrible harvest of Xenos and Neverborn. She had been proud, once. Many eternities ago the Mechanicum had returned and Atrax wept tears of joy. She no longer stood alone. She reveled in her new found place among Mankind. She strode the stars, sweeping the enemies of the Machine before her. Amongst the stars, alongside her brothers of the Mechanicum, Atrax met a new sensation. She met failure. Faced with bitter defeat, Atrax begged the assistance of Cyclothrathe, Forge of Mars.

The red faded to black. Blessed blackness. Even blackness faded. Awareness returned. Awareness was bad. Awareness meant another world faced the wrath of Atrax. She wished Draykavac had not taken her eyes, that she may see the next victim. Draykavac had taken so much from her. Her eyes. Her limbs. Her freedom. Worst of all, he had taken her suit. She knew what came next, too. She would be installed into her Knight, and she would kill. She would kill because her Masters in the Mechanicum told her to. She would kill for revenge, that she suffered where others did not. She would kill, because if she did not they would take her suit away from her, and she would never be whole again.

Still have to build my Castigator. Then time to break out the airbrush.
    Last edited by Still Standing; 05-03-2015 at 20:39.

Follow me @The1000thSon.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast