Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Still's Heresy Log

Re: Still's Heresy Log

Quote Originally Posted by Vazalaar View Post
    Great plog!
    Thank you.

With other projects ongoing, I figures that now I've got a painted force of Thousand Sons and Death Guard I'd get my Solar Auxilia up and running. I had a couple of tanks already build, but I knocked the rest out today.

To add to this is a Baneblade (which I pick up on Friday), 10 Volkite Storm Troopers (built), 20 Lasriflemen (to build), 3 exploding mini-tanks (making from the 40k Mechanicus servitors), and a Command Squad (unbuilt). That will be my first 3,000 points.
    Still's Heresy Log - Thousand Sons; new and improved following MKA Masterclass course.

Follow me @The1000thSon.

It's been a long time. A very long time. Lots of work has been done; too much to discuss. I'll show a little of what I've been working on lately.

Here is my new Stormbird for my Thousand Sons. Lots of work still to do.

I'm attending an event this weekend called Kings of Winter, a 2500point 30k event. This is the army I've been working on to take with me. 2 days before the event and I'm calling it finished enough.

Still's Heresy Log - Thousand Sons; new and improved following MKA Masterclass course.

Follow me @The1000thSon.

It's been far too long since I've updated my blog. I've made a bunch of progress and when I get the chance I'll update. Probably Monday. I've got book 7 in my hands and I'll be building a Guard of the Crimson King army. I am teetering on the bring of doing this force in metallic red. This is what I've been building this weekend.

Why 2 versions of Magnus? One before Biomancy, one after.

This is the list I'm looking at for my GotCK army at 3k.

++HQ++

Magnus (Telekinesis)

Ahriman (Divination/Corvidae)

Primus Medicae w/ Artificer Armour, Force Axe, Melta Bomb, Refractor Field, Arcane Litanies, Level 1 (Telepathy/Mental Fortitude)

++TROOPS++

7 Sehkmet w/ 3x Chainfists, 4x Power Fists (Telekinesis/Raptora)

7 Sehkmet w/ 3x Chainfists, 4x Power Fists (Telekinesis/Raptora)

15 Tactical Marines w/ Vexilla, Vet w/ Artificer Armour, Power Fist, Melta Bomb (Corvidae)

++ELITES++

10 Veteran Tacticals w/ Marksmen, Asphyx Shells, BoP lvl 1, Vexilla, Vet w/ Power Axe, Artificer Armour (Biomancy/Pavoni)

10 Veteran Tacticals w/ Marksmen, Asphyx Shells, BoP lvl 1, Vexilla, Vet w/ Power Axe, Artificer Armour (Biomancy/Pavoni)

2x Apothecary w/ Artificer Armour (Pavoni)

++HEAVY SUPPORT++

Sicaran Battle Tank w/ Lascannon Sponsons, Armoured Ceramite

Sicaran Battle Tank w/ Lascannon Sponsons, Armoured Ceramite

Whirlwind Scorpius

Follow me @The1000thSon.

While I love the Metallic red done by your fellow disciples of the Crimson King, I love your matte red scheme to bits, so please keep it
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

Unwanted Forays into Mordheim! Orcs in da ruins!

Quote Originally Posted by unwanted View Post
    While I love the Metallic red done by your fellow disciples of the Crimson King, I love your matte red scheme to bits, so please keep it
    I love it too. You're right, I don't think I could bring myself to do it.

Tonight I had a good idea. Usually when I have a good idea it costs me a bunch of cash. Luckily, this time, it was free. I wanted a unit of the new Blade Cabal guys, and I had a unit of Veterans with Power Swords, and a pile of Kromlech Khopesh and Sickles. I threw the Vets in the oven and got cutting.

Squad leader.

Rest of the squad.

I have another 5 but it's 3am, so I need some sleep!

Follow me @The1000thSon.

Good call, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between the actual Khenetai and yours
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

The reason I have a Xyphon in my army instead of a Lightning is because I didn't like the fact that there is a human in the Lightning. Today I fixed that! I took the ball turret from my Stormbird and cut the gunner out with a jewellers saw and jammed him into the cockpit of a Lightning. Of course he didn't fit in the airframe then, so I had to attack it with a dremel. I had to modify the canopy slightly to make it fit over the wider shoulders and magnetise it into the plane. A lot easier than I expected, overall.

The pilot is name Starfox.

Follow me @The1000thSon.

Chapter Master

Impressive work and amount of miniatures! ;-)

Noospheric Exload imminent. Standby. Standby.

...[;]

Standby...Ready...

Exload begin://

...Exload pause...//

Follow me @The1000thSon.

...Exload continues...//

Exload Complete[.]

I've not updated this in any serious manner for a while now. That's because I've been a lazy bastard and not done any painting of my Thousand Sons for a long time. Well that changed this week! Last weekend I submitted a list I wanted to try for an event I'm going to tomorrow, but I realised on Tuesday that it was almost entirely unpainted. Cue 3 nights of little sleep. 3 hours Tuesday night, 0 hours Wednesday night, then 9 hours Thursday night and oversleeping / being late for work... But the ********** is finished!!! This week I have painted 10 Cataphractii, 12 Sekhmet, a Termie Praetor, a Termie Librarian and Magnus. I didn't have time to paint the cables or eyes on any of it, but I will spend a little time doing these bits next week.

What do you think guys?

Oh, the army is about 5000 points, not including the Reaver.

Follow me @The1000thSon.

Fabulous as ever!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6