Thread: Questions regarding Mordheim armor

Questions regarding Mordheim armor

Ok, dumb question, I know but... what's the rule on armor usage for heroes in Mordheim?

For instance we have mercenaries who can (presumably) wear any armor they find... light, heavy, ithlimar, gromril, etc

But what about shadow warriors can only buy light or ithlimar? Can the heroes be given heavy armor if found/bought after the first game?

Can any hero wear sea Dragon cloaks or just the dark elves?

Does ithlimar count as a kind of improved light armor?

Re: Questions regarding Mordheim armor

By the rules, a warrior can only wear an armour of the same type as what is available from their purchase list at the start of the game. I have played with groups that played with this rule as written, others that ignored it, and yet other groups that added an armour training skill to the game that mimicked the weapon training skill but applies it to armour. All three methods work as long as the group in question agrees to one method.

The official FAQ clarifies that Gromril and Ithilmar are material types and not armour types in and of themselves so anybody that can wear the appropriate base armour type can wear them. Sea Dragon Cloaks do not have any such ruling however. As far as I am aware they are their own armour type as they are worn and utilized in a different manner to the armours from the base game. At any rate, they are definitely a special item which means only Heroes can wear them (other than the item's listed exception of of Corsair's) however your group decides to handle armour types.

Re: Questions regarding Mordheim armor

Thanks a lot for the info mate!