Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 202nd Jouran Dragoons

CADIA STANDS! For The Emperor! For St Pius!

Re: 202nd Jouran Dragoons

Good Troopers and Valk mate.
    Colonel Jacka
    12th Cadian Mech Regt (Orphan Brigade)
    Battle Group Imperators Aegis

CADIA STANDS!! All Hail St Pius! (RHUF)
    Posted by Rhaivaen "I think some of you are way to nonchalant about this subject."

Veteran Sergeant

So I've heard the Vendetta has been dropped from the new Imperial Guard list. Bloody typical, just as I finished the damn thing!

Anyway, been thinking about infantry for longer than is healthy this week, as I'm unsatisfied with my options (I'm avoiding plastic Cadians at all costs; they're just too boring). I decided to diversify a bit and ordered a squad of Steel Legion - I've always liked the models and wanted some. Thinking of painting them up in a Fallschirmjager-type scheme and assigning them as the Vendetta's squad.

The tanks and Valk look awesome!
    Quick question, were the Mars Alpha tanks difficult to build?
    I'm getting a Demolisher and I'd like to know what I'm in for!

Veteran Sergeant

I don't recall the Mars Alphas being much tougher to build. If I remember correctly, the top half of the hull is resin and the bottom half is the normal plastic kit, and the top half just slots over the bottom half. I think I remember having a bit of difficulty aligning the resin with the plastic but not too much.

Also be aware that the front of the resin hull juts out a bit over the front of the plastic bottom. I used plasticard and green stuff to fashion a lower glacis plate to make it look a bit more solid.

It's worth it though, I absolutely adore the Mars Alpha design. Such a huge improvement over the vanilla Russ.

Quote Originally Posted by doomengine View Post
    So I've heard the Vendetta has been dropped from the new Imperial Guard list. Bloody typical, just as I finished the damn thing! .
    A big no to that rules are in the FW IG Data Sheets along with Griffons and such.I did mine. I can send you pictures if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pounder View Post
    Quick question, were the Mars Alpha tanks difficult to build? I'm getting a Demolisher and I'd like to know what I'm in for!
    No they are not I am in the middle of building six more. Just one thing when you have finished the cleaning process and are doing the build put a piece of plastic card on the inside of turret hole to secure magnets prior to starting. Then add tracks to the hull making sure that the lug of rear sprocket lines up with the rear of the hull. Look closely at the sides you will see a small notch where the lower hulls has to fit. Once you done this you will find the lower slides into place easily. I did the same thing with the front of the hull as doomengine did. Go have a look at my thread and see how
    Last edited by Colonel Jacka; 13-07-2017 at 22:10.
    Colonel Jacka

Posted by Rhaivaen "I think some of you are way to nonchalant about this subject."

Veteran Sergeant

I'm not dead, and neither is this project log!

Very very rough work in progress for some plasma vets. They're going to be mechanised infantry and the goal is to paint them to look a bit like panzergrenadiers, to complement the Vendetta's colour scheme.

I've not done much conversion work on them beyond sticking on a few grenades from the plastic IG kit and exchanging the sergeant's laspistol for a plasma pistol.

Veteran Sergeant

Got some more detailing to do but pretty pleased with the way they've turned out.

Veteran Sergeant

Nearly done.

Will go back to tanks soon, promise. I have an ebay purchase winging its way to me that I can hardly believe my luck in snagging...

Veteran Sergeant

Also, check out what I found down the back of the sofa*!

I can assure you, those 15+ year old paintjobs will be coming off in short order! Don't think I knew the meaning of the word "thinner" back then.

*my parents' attic

Veteran Sergeant

Full "army" so far.

There will be a new addition tomorrow which is an out-of-print model that I've wanted for years.

Veteran Sergeant Chartist Captain's Avatar

Nice tanks! You got a little ways to go to get the army in battle but the game is a lot of fun right now and not bad for the guard. You don't have the Victoria mini's anymore? Good luck with those old original storm troopers, I have some and like them but I'm having a hard time making them look good with paint.

Veteran Sergeant

Thanks mate.

Yeah I'm holding fire with the Victoria minis right now. I'm not sure how heavily I want to rely on a third party, especially one even more expensive than GW.

For a log titled "Jouran Dragoons", I don't have many actual Jourans done yet...

Anyway, this arrived today via eBay!

I've always loved the Forge World Hydra and had resigned myself to never having one now that they're out of print, but with a huge stroke of luck I managed to pick this one up for a reasonable price.

Nice find Great start on your Army there ! I mean, youve got the tanks
    / SDKFZ

Yes the FW Hydra is far better the the plastic kit.
    Colonel Jacka

Veteran Sergeant

I want to take the guns off and put them back on at a lower angle as it's too high for my taste. Not sure what the best way to go about it would be - any suggestions? Presumably they're superglued on.

If You're DK You're OK! savaaage's Avatar

202nd Jouran Dragoons

I took them off all of mine, drilled a hole all the way through and ran some tubing through to join the 2 sides together, now they move and both at the same time too. Wasn’t too hard either.

Just make sure the hole is a fraction smaller than the tube so they’ll move but stay in place when you move them. That is if you go down the same route anyway.

Great find mate, now you just need to find 2 more to sate the inevitable OCD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you mean getting the guns off, i would try useing a steel ruler or somethig similar. Work your way around the guns, slowly twisting the ruler. This is how i dissassemle most of my
    old FW models.
    / SDKFZ

Veteran Sergeant

Thanks for the advice everybody.

First character done! Praise be the Omnissiah, without whom the tanks could not grind the Imperium's foes to dust.

Quote Originally Posted by doomengine View Post
    I want to take the guns off and put them back on at a lower angle as it's too high for my taste. Not sure what the best way to go about it would be - any suggestions? Presumably they're superglued on.
    I'd go for magnets. I did this with both my FW Hydra's and Medusa's and it worked well. Savage idea is also gfood, but you have to be very good at drilling the hole well or it can end in a disaster.
    Colonel Jacka

also with the magnetic option it would be easier for storage and transport
    Flashheart: Mind if I use your phone? If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves. I wouldn't want them on my conscience, not when they ought to be on my face!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast