Thread: Looking to start a new RP game

Looking to start a new RP game

Greetings fellow forum goers.

My name is Matt (Wafer-Thin-Reasoning) and I would like to work out how many people would be willing to play a roleplaying game on this forum? I have the intention of running at least one game and I am willing to run a game of: Deathwatch, Only War or Dark Crusade but would like to know how active this section is, and how willing others are to join in with this. I have experience running Roleplaying games in a face-to-face environment, but I am new to Forum based roleplaying. If this caught your eye and you feel like stretching your Roleplaying skills then feel free to reply and give me your thoughts.

Re: Looking to start a new RP game

Quote Originally Posted by Wafer-Thin-Reasoning View Post
    Greetings fellow forum goers.

My name is Matt (Wafer-Thin-Reasoning) and I would like to work out how many people would be willing to play a roleplaying game on this forum? I have the intention of running at least one game and I am willing to run a game of: Deathwatch, Only War or Dark Crusade but would like to know how active this section is, and how willing others are to join in with this. I have experience running Roleplaying games in a face-to-face environment, but I am new to Forum based roleplaying. If this caught your eye and you feel like stretching your Roleplaying skills then feel free to reply and give me your thoughts.
    If you were willing to do Rogue Trader, and through an app like roll20, I'd be in, but forum PnP role playing gets tiring, and you always end up with a dead campaign because Joe gets board and stops posting, and a week later everyone has bailed. (I see Rogue Trader, because that is the only book in the 40k FF universe I own.)
    Keelah se'lai

I personally have not played Rogue Trader before, so am hesitant to launch myself into running a game of it until I am at least familiar with the basic concepts and usual play style of the game. As for dead campaign's it is sad to hear but should not stop future shenanigans from occurring. I do have the corebook of Rogue Trader so could potentially spend some time swatting up on the game but given the limited response it doesn't appear to be worth the time.

Out of curiosity then which games have been run previously?

I don't mind joining in a game of whatever (though my preferred system is Dark Heresy), I've got all the rulebooks for pretty much every system so that's not a problem.

If you're worried about how interested people are then it's always worth looking at Roll20.
    Bitter.

Out of all the changes to 40k over the years, the one that irks me most, not fliers, not Grey Knights or the new Necron fluff, it's my Kroot being worthless in CC.

If anyone has the 4/5th edition Chaos Raptors please PM me.

Wow, How had I not heard about Roll20 before! It looks perfect for this kind of campaign.

Once I have worked out how it works I will be posting a game on their forum. If you like Online Role Playing then I recommend giving Roll20 a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Wafer-Thin-Reasoning View Post
    Wow, How had I not heard about Roll20 before! It looks perfect for this kind of campaign.

Once I have worked out how it works I will be posting a game on their forum. If you like Online Role Playing then I recommend giving Roll20 a look.
    Well I'm always about, drop us a PM if you want another dedicated member.
    Bitter.

Out of all the changes to 40k over the years, the one that irks me most, not fliers, not Grey Knights or the new Necron fluff, it's my Kroot being worthless in CC.

If anyone has the 4/5th edition Chaos Raptors please PM me.

Brother Sergeant

I'm itching for just about anything from among the 40K lines.

And wanted to say thanks for mentioning Roll20, it looks pretty good to me and I'll definitely be signing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by AUDIOSURF View Post
    Death Worlds are the "streets" of 40K, being from one gives you "cred".
    The Poster formerly known as High_Marshal - Chaplain.

Would be up for a roll20 rpg in any 40k system, drop me a PM if it ends up going up.
    If you like the Horus Heresy, mediocre painting and terrible camera work, check out my plog! For The Emperor and Sanguinius!

Mat Ward Fact #1432- To appease the few wargamers dissatisfied with his work, Mat Ward has used his own money to set up a help-line for them to call. Please dial 1-800-WHOGIVESA****
    Guild up to join the Mat Ward Defence League!

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by nagash66 View Post
    Would be up for a roll20 rpg in any 40k system, drop me a PM if it ends up going up.
    Pretty much the same.

ZP
    Zombie P's Imaginative PLog of Stuff, and Things - Updated 30.4.16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Facebeard View Post
    "Sighs, farts, and leaves : the Malorne story"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malorne View Post
    An uplifting tale of discovering oneself while overcoming grave peril and class stereotyping in a hostile world.