Thread: House Hyperion Knight Errant

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

House Hyperion Knight Errant

I posted this on my Imperial Fists thread, but since it's not yellow, no one deigned to comment.

I finally started building my Knight. I decided to go with a Knight Errant since 1) fire is cool and 2) the power fist I bought from Koran looks the bee's knees. I added some additional machinery and pistons to the arm, but we'll get to that later.

I wanted a lighter metal than the rest of the army to set it apart. I'll be dousing this with a liberal coat or two of black wash though since this is SLIGHTLY too shiny.

I'm leaning towards doing House Hyperion, since I haven't seen anyone else do one yet, and we don't know much about them.

I was also inspired by this AMAZING model of a pilot by Stockholm Warpaint.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/355385 - He deserves your votes.

I'll probably start with this extra level of detail and built out from there since no one that I can find has updated Hyperion's sparse old-school colour scheme applied to the new, more detailed and segmented Knights. Open to suggestions. Also going to be photoshopping up their House Crest.

Last night I masked off the portions I wanted to be red and went to town with the airbrush. They're blue-tacked on for now, but I wanted to get an idea of how he'd look. I'm very pleased and can't wait to make some more progress. Next step is removing the plating again and painting the details on the underlying skeletal structure.

That's all for now!
    Last edited by Inquisitor Engel; 02-11-2015 at 19:21.