Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Guderian 412th Imperial guard army

Re: Guderian 412th Imperial guard army

Good work on the searchlight and all the extras on the baneblade, Mate
    / SDKFZ

Chapter Master

I'm a little late to the party here, but that's some damn impressive armor you have there, man. Loving all the stowage and equipment, makes them really look lived in.

Granted, some of the LR variants really just don't benefit from sponsons under the rules.. Standard Battle Tanks and Demolishers top the list because everything but the main gun snap-shots if you fire the main gun. The Vanquisher doesn't benefit because there's no real long-range AT options in the sponsons. Curious - are you using the Forgeworld Vanquisher rules with the Coax Heavy Stubber, or is that just the Pintle Stubber modeled as a Coax mount?

Keep up the awesome work, looking forward to seeing more. VMC 70.904 Blue Blue Pale, I use that as the base for my own tank paint schemes.
    It's not Overkill, it's Insurance.

Grand Plog of Stuffness - http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256696

Questions, Comments, Queries and Rude Remarks are ALWAYS welcome, and Very wanted.

Chaplain

@Jacka & SDKFZ thanks mates! The baneblade is far from finished though. Hopefully I'll finish the engine/exhaust section this weekend and of course I'll post a pic.

Yeah it's a shame GW didn't just release the FW Hydra in plastics. I'll just have to work with what I have available now. An enclosed turret is easier in that I wouldn't have to remake the awful gunner positioning (was thinking on having him seated in a chair, nearer to the control panel) But for the enclosed turret, I made the error of finishing the main body of the tank first before thinking everything through. Which will lead to a wierd shaped turret as it is sunk in the body of the tank. Anyways that's the reason why I'm working on the Baneblade first

@Sauragnmon Thanks man! Never to late the more souls the merrier! I wanted to have my vehicles look like they're in the field instead of out of the factory

As for the rules, I don't really care that I'm only able to snap fire them as I value fluff greater then in game performance, so I'll take the extra pointcost for the heck of it. I don't mind having to cope with cons, as an army should have both pro's and con's to make it fun imo I love the thought of the tanks rumbling towards the enemy, keeping them suppressed with the heavy bolsters, while the infantry swarms the holes blasted by the battle cannons. Dakkadakka boom dakkadakka ( and no I ain't no latent Ork)

I mostly use the stubber on the vanquisher as a pintlemount, but it does depend a bit on my adversary!

The paint you mentioned is a real nice looking grey, I might try it out, then again I'm already using the "new" GW greys and I want to keep my colourscheme as consistent as possible. By mentioning the paint I reckon you've read through the whole plog, thanks for that, much appreciated!

Anyways more will be coming! And a nice day to all of you!

Boesoe
    Last edited by Boesoe; 26-03-2017 at 19:37.

Chapter Master

Yes, I went through all thirteen pages reading and looking over your tanks. You never know what can be found in the pages of some plogs, inspiration can lurk anywhere.
    It's not Overkill, it's Insurance.

Grand Plog of Stuffness - http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256696

Questions, Comments, Queries and Rude Remarks are ALWAYS welcome, and Very wanted.

Sometimes pays to put a vehicle aside while you think up the best way to make it work.
    Colonel Jacka
    12th Cadian Mech Regt (Orphan Brigade)
    Battle Group Imperators Aegis

CADIA STANDS!! All Hail St Pius! (RHUF)
    Posted by Rhaivaen "I think some of you are way to nonchalant about this subject."

Chaplain

Hello

@Jacka Haha I know, slowly working through my backlog

Had some time today to work on my Baneblade, more or less finished the exhausts, but the heatshield stll needs some work.

Enjoy

Really nice job on those exhausts and heat shield, I love seeing this stuff Bang on with the scale too

Chaplain

Now that's looking really mean, good job, the machine spirit would approve!!!

Boesoe,

The Hydra's have been undercoated. Good stuff. I hesitate to say this but, you have nice exhausts.
    Colonel Jacka
    12th Cadian Mech Regt (Orphan Brigade)
    Battle Group Imperators Aegis

CADIA STANDS!! All Hail St Pius! (RHUF)
    Posted by Rhaivaen "I think some of you are way to nonchalant about this subject."

Those are some very good looking exhausts, Mate Im with Jacka, really nice
    / SDKFZ

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13