Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Guderian 412th Imperial guard army

Brother Sergeant

Re: Guderian 412th Imperial guard army

I love how good your4 hole drilling is! Looks like they were cast that way! XD

Librarian

Hello,

Got some new pictures for you guys!!

First of, apperently the visions slits weren't done last time as you might see I filed the sides in an angle to give them more of the same look as the headlights. I believe it adds to the overall look of the tank. Furthermore I think I've got most of the rialings done, but maybe more might be added Next time I will work on giving the tank stowage, added a some to give an impression of what I working towards, hough more will be added.

Still to do: stowage, advanced comm system and some work on the pintle-mounted lasgun and off course everything i come up with in between.

I think I will name the baneblade; The Baroness, in "honour" of a woman from a highranking royal family of Guderia (the planet my regiment is hailing from)
    Though in reality it's an inside joke from the Baneblade's crew as the Barones is a particulary fat loud mouthed woman and as the baneblade is quite large and...
    .....well you catch my drift

Anyway till next time

Boesoe

I just noticed what you did with the Demolisher Cannon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Looking ace, Boesoe ! Youve done a great job on the "Baroness".
    Mind the feline tank hunter in the background Could ruin your tank in no time !
    / SDKFZ

Librarian

@Black Shield I did the same thing on my first baneblade, so was sort of obliged to do it on this one aswell. Did it on purpose though as I think the original demolisher looks kinda weird. as you probably noticed I used the hellhammer cannon for this one as in my book it looks more like a demolisher cannon than the original ( how I envision it that is( that was before they release the eradicator cannon which made this barrel the look for a blast weapons which ignore cover))

@SDKFZ Thanks mate, really appreciate it.

Did some "research" apparently The Baroness is named after the aunt (Agatha von Hotzendorf) of my force commander (Wilhelm von Hotzendorf) which used her influence on Guderia to push for a the founding of the 412th regiment (and attached armour companies also by the name 412th) so her nephew Wilhelm could gather more glory for the Hotzendorf family. Of course the whole draft wasn't really liked by the guardsmen in question and as such the Baroness isn't much liked by them. With naming the Baneblade the Baroness (attached to the 412th) slight was intended, though army command and Wilhelm remain oblivious to this all. Real reason of naming the tank as earlier mentioned is a well guarded secret by the crew and their infantry friends. There isn't being talked about in the lines, but everybody knows (well aside from Wilhelm and the commissars that is) and brings a smile in dark times.

Edit: family background: while scouring the old data vaults of the Von Hotzendorf family on Guderia, scribes have found reference that the Von Hotzendorf family might be directly descended from a "brilliant tactical genius" of old Terra who brought the Austargary Empire great victories and great honor in m2.

Boesoe
    Last edited by Boesoe; 18-05-2017 at 07:13.

I did the same thing on mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Love the fluff, Boesoe Whats next ?
    / SDKFZ

Librarian

@ SDFKZ Haha, thanks mate! Well I'm still working on the Barones, but it's almost finished now. After that I think I will give building a powerlifter a go (thanks for the pics of the parts)

History lesson: for the people who don't know whom von Hotzendorf (Conrad) was. Hungry for glory he might be one of the people solely responsible for the outbreak of WWI and thus plunging the world in years of a horrific "new" war. As acting military leader of the Austrian Hungarian Empire he failed to grasp the concept of waging a war with "mordern weapons" and by underestimating his adversaries time and time again and using overly ambitious and unrealistic battle plans he might even be directly responsible for the downfall of the Austrian Hungarian Empire.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NE8-_GAc7g4

So as GW likes to incorporate real historic events in it's fluff I thought it would only be appropriate to incorporate some in my own army's fluff The question remains, is Wilhelm Von Hotzendorf (my army commander)as incompetent as his forbears? (probably so)

p.s. By the way I can highly recommend watching the whole of the clips made by the guys of "The Great War" channel in chronological order. It's a great history lesson and shows many decisions then made by the countries involved still (imo) directly influence our "modern" world

Have a great weekend,

Boesoe
    Last edited by Boesoe; 22-05-2017 at 07:13.

Know your history ! I agree with you to the full there, Mate

Hope to see your take on the powerlifting sentinels later then.
    / SDKFZ

Librarian

Hi there guys!

sorry for the lack of updates, had some other things to do, the baneblade is almost finished now....

But after finally embedding all my pics in my plog, after the warseer downtime, I get this crap and everything is gone again, thanks Photobucket!! I will have to look how I will overcome this.

hopefully till next time!

Boesoe

Quote Originally Posted by Boesoe View Post
    Hi there guys!

sorry for the lack of updates, had some other things to do, the baneblade is almost finished now....

But after finally embedding all my pics in my plog, after the warseer downtime, I get this crap and everything is gone again, thanks Photobucket!! I will have to look how I will overcome this.

hopefully till next time!

Boesoe
    I feel your pain!

Darn ! Wish you the best of luck, Mate
    / SDKFZ

Librarian

Thanks guys!

@nitromors saw you're in the same boat, good luck with recovering your thread!!

on the bright side I still have backups of all my pictures so I will try to piece everything back together (again) But it regretably it will take some time. I hear Imgur is a fair alternative (maybe a better) for photobucket, so I might have to get an account overthere! I hope they won't pull the same crap aswell!

Anyway I will be posting pics again!!!

For the Emperor!!

Boesoe

Quote Originally Posted by Boesoe View Post
    Thanks guys!

@nitromors saw you're in the same boat, good luck with recovering your thread!!

on the bright side I still have backups of all my pictures so I will try to piece everything back together (again) But it regretably it will take some time. I hear Imgur is a fair alternative (maybe a better) for photobucket, so I might have to get an account overthere! I hope they won't pull the same crap aswell!

Anyway I will be posting pics again!!!

For the Emperor!!

Boesoe
    I've been downloading as many of my photos as I can find, like you I think it will take a long time to recover - I've been uploading them to Imgur, so much easier to use than PhotoBucket

Librarian

Hello!!

Having uploaded all my pictures to Imgur, let's have a go at posting some new! I do think the pictures via imgur are shown at a lesser quality then via Photobucket, but to be honest I don't really care I'm just glad I can post pics again!!
    I have finished building "The Baroness". I hope you guys like it!

Leftside

Leftside top

Back

Front

Rightside

Rightside top

Turret top

That's it for now guys!!

Boesoe
    Last edited by Boesoe; 17-07-2017 at 08:36.

Commander

All the stowage and extra details are fantastic! I salute you!
    Letters from the Front. An IG log. http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...uardsman-s-Log
    Riding to Glory Through Fire and Steel! An Empire log
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...52#post6901452
    My Sale and Trade Thread http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...pire-IG-BFG-or

CADIA STANDS! For The Emperor! For St Pius!

Some great fruit there mate. I really like the Las Gun rack.
    Colonel Jacka
    12th Cadian Mech Regt (Orphan Brigade)
    Battle Group Imperators Aegis

CADIA STANDS!! All Hail St Pius! (RHUF)
    Posted by Rhaivaen "I think some of you are way to nonchalant about this subject."

Really like what you have done with the baneblade it gives it a little bit of life and a narrative that it's being used and lived in
    Flashheart: Mind if I use your phone? If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves. I wouldn't want them on my conscience, not when they ought to be on my face!

Chapter Master

I agree with the others - some very great work you've done there, gives the whole thing a lot of character and a very lived-in look. Excellent work all around.
    It's not Overkill, it's Insurance.

Grand Plog of Stuffness - http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256696

Questions, Comments, Queries and Rude Remarks are ALWAYS welcome, and Very wanted.

Librarian

Thanks guys! Really happy that I'm done building "The Baroness" and really happy that you like it! Though as you might know I like to make all my tanks as if they're ready for the field, but doing it on a superheavy without going over the top (Atleast I hope it isn't) was challenging with all those fiddly bits and pieces (for instance the small radar alone already has 10 parts in it)

@Jacka glad you like the lasgun, I personally like it on the vehicle just for it's uselessness

It will probably take a while before I start painting it as that isn't really my cup of tea and I tend to push that into the future.
    Next up will probably be my take on the powerlifter!

till next time!

Boesoe

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast