Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Guderian 412th Imperial guard army

Librarian

Re: Guderian 412th Imperial guard army

Quote Originally Posted by Boesoe View Post
    Thanks guys! Really happy that I'm done building "The Baroness" and really happy that you like it! Though as you might know I like to make all my tanks as if they're ready for the field, but doing it on a superheavy without going over the top (Atleast I hope it isn't) was challenging with all those fiddly bits and pieces (for instance the small radar alone already has 10 parts in it)

@Jacka glad you like the lasgun, I personally like it on the vehicle just for it's uselessness

It will probably take a while before I start painting it as that isn't really my cup of tea and I tend to push that into the future.
    Next up will probably be my take on the powerlifter!

till next time!

Boesoe
    awesome detailing, nice conversions allround, this baroness is a beast.

you not painting it right now i understand that(im not much of a painter either) but you should put the black sprayprimer on however, because all the white styrene bits gonna ''yellow''
    and that is the first start of the degrading process, especially the styrene that has some glue on the edges goes extra fast.
    -turning yellow
    -turning hard
    -turning brittle
    -pulverize

protect it from those stages with the primer and you can paint it when your 80 years old;-) just saying.
    wanna see a superheavy army group with 20 baneblades and 5 heavy tanks???
    click this:
    http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140762

Librarian

@Aad thanks mate! I always spray my vehicles when done modelling exactly for that reason

anyway thanks

Boesoe

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Boesoe View Post
    @Aad thanks mate! I always spray my vehicles when done modelling exactly for that reason

anyway thanks

Boesoe
    geen probleem kerel.
    click this:

Kudos to a job very well done, Mate Looks ace.
    / SDKFZ

Like the stowage and the handrail. I always bad on these stuff
    My IG & DA Log
    Ratgard-My Secret Design Bureau Conversion Sets For Imperial Guard Vehicle

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by sovietred View Post
    Like the stowage and the handrail. I always bad on these stuff
    i know how you feel.
    i always doubt myself if it doesn,t look to cluttered , and then i see other people doing stowage and making it look so cool.
    there is another dude here that did camonetting out of bandages and all that(forget the thread) that looked so great.
    oh well
    click this:

Librarian

Hello!

Just back from a two week holiday and there's so much going on in everybody's thread, just awesome!!! Keep up the great work guys!!

anyway thanks guys for the kind words!!!

@Sovietred well it isn't hard with stowage just make sure you keep the lines of the tank intact when view it from top, side etc. Atleast that's the way I make sure it doesn't get cluttered. For the handrails just get some brass wire and two types of pliers (one with rounded head and one square or rectengular(for different looking corners/bendes)) and start experimenting that's how I started with them, I mostly end up using the the rounded heads as you will be able to see when I have put back all the pics in their place.

then again you excell in other area's where off I can only dream, producing your own tanks and vehicles awesome paintjobs etc!

@Aad I belief you meant Ash's ever expending imperial thread in the hall of heroes forum page here on warseer (sadly the thread has been struck by greedy a€&&@les) but luckily you keep still Google his tank pics as others have saves his pics. His thread is/was awesome and inspired me to go the stowage way years back when I started converting all my tanks!

Anyways thanks!

Boesoe

Librarian

Hurray!!!

Finished putting all my pictures back in place (again)!!

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, been some busy weeks overhere! I've started painting infantry again, Pics soon!!

Have a nice weekend,

Boesoe

Wish you the same, Mate Ill be right here waiting for those update pics
    / SDKFZ

Librarian

Hi there!

As I mentioned earlier I started painting infantry again. I've made quite some progress as you can see in the pictures, though nothing is really finished yet. The guards in the red foam are the closest to being finished. The top tray only needs some highlighting, where as the middle and bottom tray are still in need of some more detailing and highlights. The guys standing on the table have only gotten thier fatigues done, though there are some models hiding which are totally finished (will be showing them later). Not shown are all my vehicle crew member and topgunners which have gotten their fatigues done aswell.

You might ask, why are you painting everything and not finishing them squad be squad? well the reason is; I came to the conclusion that the paint I used for the fatigues is drying out and isn't available anymore (Khemri Brown foundation) so I thought let's make sure I've painted all of my infantry before time runs out. The funny thing is (which I never thought to be possible) I've manage to paint ALL my infantry (around 300plus) including the already finished platoons shown earlier in thread, with just one pot and there's still enough for my 55 stormtroopers, so I guess multiple thin coats (3 to 4) for the win!!

Anyway till next time!!

Boesoe

ps Yeah I know the lighting and quality sucks, pics just to show progress made

Thats some painting task youve given yourself, Boesoe Looking good sofar.
    Like the homing beacon/scanner. Very cool kitbash, Mate
    / SDKFZ

Librarian

@SDFKZ thanks mate! Well after I've done the fatigues on the stormtroopers I'll revert to painting the infantry squad by squad again. But boy oh boy it does feel good to have them all in the basic colour after all those years. It has really energized me to work on the infantry

the beacon, glad you like it, is my take on the Elysian long range ground scanner. I made it a couple of years ago to use when I wanted to field my army as Elysian droptroops instead of a mechanized company. Which was really fun and totally different to the play style I was used to. I will post a close up for you soon!

Boesoe

That would be very nice of you, Mate
    / SDKFZ

Librarian

Hello!

Still busy painting the fatigues on my stormtroopers, only 25 more to go! after that it's back to detailing them squad by squad.

Anyway here's some close ups of the long range ground scanner I made as mentioned above. Though it is small I've use quite some bits from all over the place. I've used guard, space marine and chaos bits besides some plasticard to make it, can you spot them all?

Enjoy

Boesoe

CADIA STANDS! For The Emperor! For St Pius!

A mushroom?
    Colonel Jacka
    12th Cadian Mech Regt (Orphan Brigade)
    Battle Group Imperators Aegis

CADIA STANDS!! All Hail St Pius! (RHUF)
    Posted by Rhaivaen "I think some of you are way to nonchalant about this subject."

Looks like a lamp from CoD and then the base for the chaos speaker. A hatch piese from the old russ kit ? legs from the IG heavy weapons set.
    / SDKFZ

Librarian

@Jacka Yes, a highly advanced one!

@SDKFZ an IG searchlight actually with underneath a tau shield generator.

Stormtroopers are finished getting their fatigues basecoated, now it's back to finishing infantry squads!

Boesoe

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16