Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: General TV Discussion

Lightbulb General TV Discussion

A discussion thread for all-things Television.

Whether it be Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, or My Little Pony (seriously ).

So Breaking Bad won loads of Emmys this week. I watched BB from pilot to finale expecting it to get better, but it never did. Can't see why it's so popular.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	014944bf103c6ef4095941dcbc331c08976e64d9372adb492e6eca04d10253b1.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	199643

Banned
    Maps used to say there were dragons here...

Re: General TV Discussion

Im anti drugs and was hesitant about watching it. I was expecting some very depressing and bleak thing all the way through (as in the place where the parents and the 'cash machine' are). Im glad it wasn't. I thought it was extremely well written and very entertaining with some very dramatic scenes and darker stuff mixed with comedic moments. A lot of the characters were likeable even though they had flaws and I really enjoyed it.

Im looking forward to the new Walking Dead and GoT when they start again. Gotham is also on my Radar

Land of the sheep, and no not New Zealand

With BB I watched the pilot and just couldn't get into it, dunno why tbh.
    I had watched the first couple of episodes of 'The Following' but starting from the beginning again with my other half and forgot how good that show is and it has some good jump scares, specially in the first episode have never seen my fiancé jump so high. I'm also looking forward to 'Gotham' when that comes out.
    Anyone else watch 'Sleepy Hollow'?

Sent from my Omni tool via the Sol System Mass Relay
    "Mia clementia, denar esto" - "Have mercy. I was blind, but now I can see"
    A can of Inferno Relentless a day, keeps the doctor at bay
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Turalyon View Post
    The Descent of Angels would be good if titled "Cyphers favorite childhood memories"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vote Kantor View Post
    You are all forgetting the two unknown primarchs, chuck norris and santa

I'm vaguely interested in Gotham but am very wary.

Currently catching up with GOT (on Season 2 now) I can see why everyone likes it. Also catching up with Musketeers (BBC series) has some great production values.

Finally i'm watching Bojack Horseman on Netflix, absolutely great series, very quirky and amusing.

Donal Logue is what interests me in Gotham. But when it comes to comic-book TV this year, can't wait for Constantine and Arrow season 3.

Watching Guillermo Del Toro's The Strain now, it's excellent. Bringing back monstrous vamps to our screens.

Chomping my way through Burn Notice on Netflix currently (midway through season 3) and liking it very much.

Also enjoying Copper, trying to like The Walking Dead (I think I may be over grim, bleak post-apocalyptics, however), and just finished the very short-running The Chicago Code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to glue and buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by FraustyTheSnowman View Post
    Anything else I have to say has already been said by Col Shaw...listen to the lego man, he's wise.
    "Ember of Dreams"
    http://www.amazon.com/Ember-Dreams-C...0408773&sr=1-1

The Swedish election is coming up, so my limited TV time goes to that stuff.

Otherwise there's absolutely nothing of worth on TV, except Seinfeld reruns.
    "I'm a giant, sitting about my chair, blocking your flight path."

Banned

I used to love Frasier when it was on TV. Are there any shiws that are similar around now?

I'm re-watching The Shield again. 3rd run-through. Now that's a quality piece of TV...
    Mat Ward Fact#82- Mat Ward once paddled down the Thames using himself as a canoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthSte View Post
    You are Bigby- Monkeybane, Devourer of All Things, Purifer of Genners, Noobslayer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzooky View Post
    Did you punch him in the solar plexus while bellowing "50mm base? You stupid ****! Try not caring now! I win, mother*******! I win!!! Hahahaha!!!" ?

Chapter Master

Everyone knows that The Wire is the greatest TV show ever put to film.

Editor's Note: I have never seen The Wire.
    Do you like free wargames?
    http://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/

I have, it's very good, but The Shield is just...better.
    Mat Ward Fact#82- Mat Ward once paddled down the Thames using himself as a canoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthSte View Post
    You are Bigby- Monkeybane, Devourer of All Things, Purifer of Genners, Noobslayer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzooky View Post
    Did you punch him in the solar plexus while bellowing "50mm base? You stupid ****! Try not caring now! I win, mother*******! I win!!! Hahahaha!!!" ?

Ohio or DC depending on the day of the week

Quote Originally Posted by ColShaw View Post
    Chomping my way through Burn Notice on Netflix currently (midway through season 3) and liking it very much.

Also enjoying Copper, trying to like The Walking Dead (I think I may be over grim, bleak post-apocalyptics, however), and just finished the very short-running The Chicago Code.
    I could only manage season one of The Walking Dead. After that it was just, meh.

I've started watching Fringe. When it was on originally I only watched through season 4. Catching a lot that I missed or had forgotten from the first time through.

Banned

Fringe is a great series, my mate bears a resemblance to Walter which is kind of funny because he introduced me to the series

Just finished season 2 of Defiance. It's not phenomenal, but it's entertaining and has quite a lot of interesting social commentary regarding relationships in a new world (a prominent politician has two husbands and same-sex relationships are old news).

Liking the Strain as well. Finished Perception season whatever. Like it.

Watched most of Masters of Sex. Forgot about it. It's interesting but over dramatised.

Legend of Korra season 3. Downer ending. Always loved the Avatar setting though.

Teen Wolf - Watched the first two seasons a while ago and wasn't sure. Season 3 was good and am enjoying season 4. It's similar to Buffy with a bit more teen drama (although Buffy had it's fair share) but follows quite a few story lines at once rather than Buffy's fairly standalone monster of the week. It's also quite violent.

Hellebore
    "Humanity's Insignificance pales in comparison to its Ego." (Sir Rumplestiltskin)

"The capacity to think does not assign importance to your thoughts, it merely indicates you can." (Sir Rumplestiltskin)

Penny dreadful is a great show, so is ray donovan, the knick seems really good too. Hannibal looks really promising aswell.

Other great shows
    The wire
    Six feet under
    Deadwood
    Rome
    Newsroom
    House of cards
    Battlestar galactica
    Strikeback
    Veep
    Californication

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Warpsoul View Post
    Watching Guillermo Del Toro's The Strain now, it's excellent. Bringing back monstrous vamps to our screens.
    It hasn't aired over here yet but I was disappointed somewhat to find out it's vampires, I thought it was some kind of killer virus (hence the name) I'll give it a watch when it's on though.

Quote Originally Posted by cornonthecob View Post
    It hasn't aired over here yet but I was disappointed somewhat to find out it's vampires, I thought it was some kind of killer virus (hence the name) I'll give it a watch when it's on though.

Just be prepared for a very Blade-esque aesthetic. Very comic-bookish and gothic.

Oh yes, and Corey Stoll wears a wig for reasons unknown to all except stupid studio execs...

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Kallus View Post
    I used to love Frasier when it was on TV. Are there any shiws that are similar around now?
    Never got into Frasier myself really. Maybe I should. It's said to be good but I find sitting through prolonged sitcoms to be depressing, no matter how good they are. Well, except for Seinfeld. That I'll watch any day.

A few months ago I found out that a friend of mine is able to quote Friends at pretty much any situation which I find rather impressive. So I decided to watch Friends but for some reason all it did was make me want to watch Mad About You. Watched two seasons of that and I'm not sure if I'm man enough to go on. It's cute though and rather clever with the jokes.

Currently watching the strain, although think it might be going downhill :/

Quote Originally Posted by Doi View Post
    Knowing MOMUS I would guess something dirty and/or depraved.
    Or conning you into making a giant-sized Slann.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Inquisitor View Post
    That was pretty epic, MOMUS.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sigur View Post
    Never got into Frasier myself really. Maybe I should. It's said to be good but I find sitting through prolonged sitcoms to be depressing, no matter how good they are. Well, except for Seinfeld. That I'll watch any day.

A few months ago I found out that a friend of mine is able to quote Friends at pretty much any situation which I find rather impressive. So I decided to watch Friends but for some reason all it did was make me want to watch Mad About You. Watched two seasons of that and I'm not sure if I'm man enough to go on. It's cute though and rather clever with the jokes.
    Frasier is hilarious, I found it to be extremely well written and just a joy to watch

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast