Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61
Results 1,201 to 1,209 of 1209

Thread: General TV Discussion

Re: General TV Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by jamesvalentine View Post
    Hostel/Shelter I am currently in has no TV.
    I am now a happy bunny to say the least. no brain rot box.
    One does wonder what brought a person of such disposition to this very place, seemingly forced to leave a comment on a subject so counter to this person's interests. One would wonder if it helped to inform such a person of the qualities the medium may also possess, of the ability to not turn on and watch aforementioned apparatus if it so displeases the writer, or indeed of the fact that all programmes and shows on display (and many more besides) can readily be accessed via the very same machinery the writer must have used to post this most needless of messages. A mystery indeed.

\m/ Metalhead of Warseer \m/

"War is not about who is right, but who is left"
    - Ad finem temporum -

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by C-Coen View Post
    One does wonder what brought a person of such disposition to this very place, seemingly forced to leave a comment on a subject so counter to this person's interests. One would wonder if it helped to inform such a person of the qualities the medium may also possess, of the ability to not turn on and watch aforementioned apparatus if it so displeases the writer, or indeed of the fact that all programmes and shows on display (and many more besides) can readily be accessed via the very same machinery the writer must have used to post this most needless of messages. A mystery indeed.
    I don't understand sorry

Anyone want to suggest a good TV show? I just finished watching the last season of The American Horror Story. Genres that I like include horror, mystery, suspense and comedy.

For mystery and comedy I like Death in Paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by lonelypanders View Post
    Anyone want to suggest a good TV show? I just finished watching the last season of The American Horror Story. Genres that I like include horror, mystery, suspense and comedy.
    The Strain has been above average, too many "saved by the bell" situations in season 2 though, haven't started the third one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Late View Post
    The Strain has been above average, too many "saved by the bell" situations in season 2 though.
    I really hope this is a reference Zack and Screech defeating vampires with zany schemes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    There are WAY better outlets for your sexual frustration on the Internet than Necrons.
    The Lost and the Discounted: Photobucket killed my PLOG

At this point in time it's weird calling a TV a brain rot box. Everything (computers, phones, tablets) has become that.

Speaking of which, I took a chance and watched the first episode of Brown Nation 22 minutes US sitcom, 10 episodes altogether. Then I watched the rest of them. It's a really nice tv show about an Indian-American couple in their 30s. He's running a business-to-business software consultant company (with the great premise of specializing in ficticious program Citrus 2.0, eagerly awaiting some huge company to finally come out with Citrus 3.0 for which they prepare all the time and aim to be super-well prepared for the release. The problem is that the last version was released years and years ago and no Citrus3.0 is in sight), she's trying to be an actress. Or a painter. It's slightly Curb Your Enthusiasm-ish with a bit of The Office, with the main guy being a bit less malicious/incompetent.

I enjoyed the first season very much and each episode had at least one moment that made me laugh out (mostly absurd stuff).

I also watched the first two episodes of the new Kimmy Schmidt season, but that show's kinda getting on my nerves. Talking really lots (and derivative stuff just to squeeze in popcultural references or to be zaney) isn't witty or funny.

Has anybody watched the new season of MST3k? I heard that it might suffer from the same problem of trying to do too much in too little time. Which would be a major shame, because of course MST3k is the best tv product out there.

Ha, I started watching GLOW on Netflix. At first I was really worried because it seemed like yet another 80s rehash thing and I'm not the greatest of fans of Alison Brie. I still gave it a try and I really enjoy it now. It's good. I could do with a little less character stuff on some of the minor characters and sometimes the comedy is a bit much, but overall it's very enjoyable and about a really, really interesting subject. Recommended.

Last night I happened across the new MacGyver TV show. Wow, this is bad. It very much has the vibe of all these early 2000s CSI shows in terms of look and how smug and immature (well, that's more of an NCIS thing, isn't it) everybody is. The main guy (macgyver) can't carry a tv show. So they put a random number of "hot chicks" with him and the jock guy from CSI. Who actually isn't that unlikeable, but he'll always play people working for shady US government organizations which probably don't adhere to anything (least of all the law) and will always have some sort of military background. The NRA didn't like the original macgyver and other conservative organizations bashed it for being "too liberal". Well, this surely won't happen to the new show, will it. It also has bad CG for some reason. It's weird.

Anyway, bad, bad show. Stuff like Hawaii Five-0 is stuff tv channels fill time with, because they probably get it for cheap and it's trashy stuff some people like. That's OK. I watched one episode of it and I wouldn't want to watch another. That being said, it's a complete exercise in tv mediocrity. Still 100 times better than the new MacGyver. Why do we have to deal with a certain kind of tv show producers seeming to love smug buttheads who are unable to get any sort of drama or feeling for danger across for protagonists?

I recently watched a youtube thing about how US tv shows are perceived amazing and in this case German shows are always considered sucky. While this is true in many cases the guy made some very good points in how the industries/infrastructures are very different, not only in scale, but also in approach and such. Another big point of course is that in the US a TON of tv shows are produced each season and many of them don't make it beyond few episodes aired. Those rarely make it across the Atlantic ocean of course. Even though a ton of **** makes it like "**** my dad says" or that thing with Betty White, Daphne and Martin Crane's girlfriend.

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61