Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60
Results 1,181 to 1,192 of 1192

Thread: General TV Discussion

Re: General TV Discussion

I am in regular contact with citizens of the UK. Why has it taken so long to inform me about Garth Marenghi's Darkplace? :O

Lurking in the dark... in the void between worlds....

Who? What?

Never heard of it
    Quote Originally Posted by philbrad
    As ever WINTERMUTE speaks the truth

Chapter Master theunwantedbeing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sigur View Post
    I am in regular contact with citizens of the UK. Why has it taken so long to inform me about Garth Marenghi's Darkplace? :O
    Shame mostly, and fear that we'll be seen as weird or having something seriously wrong with us.
    That and it's 6 episodes from back in 2004 and we've all mostly forgotten it existed, that place in our memories filled up with whatever the offshoot shows of a similar style of humour were called.

On an unrelated note, has anyone seen Iron Fist yet?
    Plan B kill it with fire
    Meat is Murder tasty, tasty murder
    Quote Originally Posted by RanaldLoec View Post
    I would have to agree with The Unwantedbeing as he is a paragon of sense and reason in an unreasonable environment.

It's on Netflix so the likelihood that I'll get to see it is very low.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Because the work of Garth Marenghi is so radical, so risky, so dangerous, so goddamn crazy, that one must be cautious about casually recommending it to anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    There are WAY better outlets for your sexual frustration on the Internet than Necrons.
    The Lost and the Discounted: 12,000 point eleven hour game. Its almost as tiring to read about as it was to play

Quote Originally Posted by theunwantedbeing View Post
    On an unrelated note, has anyone seen Iron Fist yet?
    Yes. I'm up to episode 6. Ignore all the critics its a good show.

Even Mrs Wintermute is hooked by it?

Brother Sergeant

I personally avoid TV like the plague. its just dull and filled with recycled garbage comedies with no humour what so ever.
    but thats me personally. I just can't stand seeing Big brother series 5000
    I'm a celebrity big brother
    I'm a celebrity get me out of here
    im a celebrity in big brother get me out of here bake off
    etc etc etc etc etc
    then you get garbage like Big Bang Theory and STILL re runs of friends and repeats of the simpsons
    GAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    Because the work of Garth Marenghi is so radical, so risky, so dangerous, so goddamn crazy, that one must be cautious about casually recommending it to anyone.
    That must be it. Thank god the Peruvians 'got it'.

It's good fun and runs just as long as it should. Fun idea. It's got that mystery science theater 3000 vibe to it mixed with ...well, the office, because that was a big thing then.

I've heard good things about Ironfist or whatever that comic thing is called. Maybe I'll watch it some time. Gotta overcome my dislike for netflix productions and those comicbooks things some day, I guess. Because it seems like that's all there bloody is.

@jamesvalentine: I think this is just the right thread for you then. Yes, BBT is garbage. Friends is good. The Simpsons ....vary. Last night I caught a 1993 episode. Perfectly fine. And a 1998 episode. Perfectly fine. I also saw about 3 hours of the Family Guy/simpsons cross thing. It sucked. But that's Family Guy for ya.

Brother Sergeant

Family guy USED to be ok...but when I started watching later series it seemed they were just stringing out Jew jokes...

I've heard good things about Ironfist or whatever that comic thing is called. Maybe I'll watch it some time. Gotta overcome my dislike for netflix productions and those comicbooks things some day, I guess. Because it seems like that's all there bloody is.
    Have you watched Jessica Jones? I'd say it was the strongest and least comic-booky of the shows.
    (I'm a massive comics nerd of course, but I'd still recommend that show to anyone. Daredevil is also very good)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    There are WAY better outlets for your sexual frustration on the Internet than Necrons.
    The Lost and the Discounted: 12,000 point eleven hour game. Its almost as tiring to read about as it was to play

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Shield View Post
    Just finished watching the first new Samurai Jack in 15 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    So...? Good? Bad? Did it finally manifest a point and purpose to the wanderings of the foolish samurai?
    ----------------------------------
    And lo, the Return!

Ironfist is worth watching, but it helps to watch the Marvel shows in the order they were originally screened because they are all linked. Instead of regarding them as 'comic book' shows think of them as genre shows eg Daredevil is a vigilante show, Jessica Jones is a private investigator show, Luke Cage is a 'blackploitation' show. Alternatively just veiw them as drama shows, because they are.

And in defence of Netflix shows I can recommend Stranger Things and The Expanse - the latter a brilliant SF show as good as Babylon 5 and BattleStar Galactica inspired by a series of (very good) novels.

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60