Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: General TV Discussion

Re: General TV Discussion

Just finished rewatching Battlestar Galactica for the third time, not only is it the only television show in history to make me tear up but it's the only one that has caused me to tear up three times. That finale is by no means perfect and created more questions than answers but it was satisfying in an emotional way.

Also forgot just how many great moments there are.

It was mostly predictable, but, was definitely enjoyable. That's all I'll say, then.

Khaines Wrath, you must have never watched Farscape. Or do you mean that the finale of BSG made you tear up over how offensively bad it was?
    This is a link to the Forum Rules.----------
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannimarco View Post
    Arrogant egotistical insane sadomasochists do not make good team players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnok View Post
    Loth loves GW. Irisado loves Chaos Eldars. Wintermute loves Firefly. Three simple truths of the Wastes.

Haha, it was bad in a lot of ways, A LOT of ways but I still enjoy all the little moments.

It's been so long since I've seen the Farscape finale, I remember enjoying it but I don't think I cried. Thank goodness they made the proper finale. If the show had ended on season 4's finale I would have died.

Farscape deserved far more than it got, but got far more than most shows (Smallville, Lost, Enterprise) deserved. So glad they got the funding for Peacekeeper Wars to send it off well. Plus the leads rejuvinated Stargate when they moved over to head up the last few seasons there, so not a complete loss.
    Avian: I don't feel the inclusion of the original cast gives me hope, I feel it's the exclusion of George Lucas that gives me hope.

Quote Originally Posted by warlordbob View Post
    Farscape deserved far more than it got, but got far more than most shows (Smallville, Lost, Enterprise) deserved. So glad they got the funding for Peacekeeper Wars to send it off well. Plus the leads rejuvinated Stargate when they moved over to head up the last few seasons there, so not a complete loss.
    That I found to be a pretty impressive transistion, multiple people from Farscape going over to Stargate. Not that I'm a huge Stargate guy, but it was nice to see.

Also, the episode of SG-1 when they were doing the movie scripts. Gold.
    Loth loves GW. Irisado loves Chaos Eldars. Wintermute loves Firefly. Three simple truths of the Wastes.

Lurking in the dark... in the void between worlds....

Quote Originally Posted by sigur View Post
    That I found to be a pretty impressive transistion, multiple people from Farscape going over to Stargate. Not that I'm a huge Stargate guy, but it was nice to see.
    The SG producers had been after Ben Browser for some time. In fact they wanted him to play Shepherd in SG:Atlantis but he was filming another project at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by philbrad
    As ever WINTERMUTE speaks the truth

Why do I think it was PK Wars. That makes zero sense. Wasn't he still on Farscape at the time they began casting SG:A?

Why have I only just discovered Archer?
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamatoMusashi View Post
    Magnus' actions in wiping out most of the Astropaths on Terra when it was already too late just makes him look like a bumbling buffoon. He might as well finish up by saying "Uh-oh, spaghettios!" with a canned laughter track appended, then slipping over on a banana skin accompanied by a comedy whistle sound.

Because Baby Seamus wanted you to have an especially Merry Christmas this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    Why have I only just discovered Archer?
    PHRASING!

"Humanity's Insignificance pales in comparison to its Ego." (Sir Rumplestiltskin)

"The capacity to think does not assign importance to your thoughts, it merely indicates you can." (Sir Rumplestiltskin)

That's how you get ants!

Danger Zone

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Woooooooo!
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamatoMusashi View Post
    Magnus' actions in wiping out most of the Astropaths on Terra when it was already too late just makes him look like a bumbling buffoon. He might as well finish up by saying "Uh-oh, spaghettios!" with a canned laughter track appended, then slipping over on a banana skin accompanied by a comedy whistle sound.

Karate ? The Dane Cook of Martial Arts ?

Started watching Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror.

Seriously, Channel 4. What the actual f@@k?

Before christmas eve I popped around at my brother's to pick him up for family christmas duty. I was early, he was still busy doing something so I sat down and watched some quality TV. First: Half an episode of Kojak. Never seen a full episode I think. Only when I was very little and it was on tv or something. Not bad, mostly for looking at people from back then of course. When receding hairlines were not a reason to be ashamed or to panic and throw away all your hair altogether but they were CELEBRATED by all the hair left around them!

Then I watched a full episode of Walker, Texas Ranger. This I think was also a first. It's such a lame show. Chuck Norris is such a one-note actor. And then they sprinkle it with an overdose of 'MURCA. This one was about a vietnam war veteran (uncle Pauly from Rocky!) who was a homeless guy and owns a surprisingly neatly groomed dog called Lucky. He's a 90s tv dog so he's awesome but can't resist doing shenannigans from time to time (rolling over, putting paws over eyes and such). There was a big burly bad guy who made no sense in the context of the story, but he wore a moustache and a mullet from dimension X. There was a bizarre scene in which Walker runs around looking for the homeless guy, asking around amongst the homeless. After talking to one of them the homeless guy says "You know, I didn't always live on the street. I used to be someone.". To which Chuck Norris looks like Chuck Norris looks all the time, puts a hand on his shoulder and replies: "You still are, Bobbyraybenbobwhateverhisnamewas.". That made me laugh, mostly due to how out of nowhere the exchange came and how it was delivered. Lateron the whole thing got me a bit tearyeyed because I don't like seeing Uncle Pauly cry and the dog reminded me of our dog who passed away a few years ago.

In the end the good guys won, the homeless guy got a home, chuck norris and his black pal punched the thugs and arrested them (very, very swiftly.). There is no reason to ever watch Walker, Texas Ranger.

I'm pretty sure you just wrote a whole paragraph on why we should watch Walker

Quote Originally Posted by sigur View Post
    Nah. It really is lame and boring. Incidently it's like every single chuck norris joke since 2007.
    I don't think anybody who is not american really gets it, to be honest. Say, I've come to accept that for some reason he's been made into some icon for badassery, but I never got why. So many actors who are more badass than Chuck Norris, so why him, for instance?
    Last edited by Urgat; 27-12-2014 at 13:12.

Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast