Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1209

Thread: General TV Discussion

Re: General TV Discussion

Watching the first episode of the new X-Files. My first thoughts as soon as it starts were, "My name is Fox Mulder and I am the paranoidest man alive." Anybody else's brain jump that way?
    This is a link to the Forum Rules.----------
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannimarco View Post
    Arrogant egotistical insane sadomasochists do not make good team players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnok View Post
    Loth loves GW. Irisado loves Chaos Eldars. Wintermute loves Firefly. Three simple truths of the Wastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellebore View Post
    A hilarious parody of what Melbourne would be like if creatures from the Wizard realm migrated there
    But Doi already lives there :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Facebeard View Post
    But Doi already lives there :confused:
    I see whatcha did there

Well we are back. Has anyone been watching Season 6 of the Venture Bros.?

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Shield View Post
    Well we are back. Has anyone been watching Season 6 of the Venture Bros.?
    No, didn't know it was on.

Started watching Agent carter season 2 - pretty good. Legends of tomorrow isn't bad either.

Lucifer is a bit up in the air at the moment. I'm generally never a fan of abrahamic religions as reality so...
    "Humanity's Insignificance pales in comparison to its Ego." (Sir Rumplestiltskin)

"The capacity to think does not assign importance to your thoughts, it merely indicates you can." (Sir Rumplestiltskin)

Anyone else caught up on The Flash?

Loth loves GW. Irisado loves Chaos Eldars. Wintermute loves Firefly. Three simple truths of the Wastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothlanathorian View Post

It will pop up eventually. The writers love the Flash too much to waste Jay like that.
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

Blood for the Blood God!: My Word Bearers Plog

Yes, the latest episodes on Earth 2 have been pretty cool. Can't say the same of Arrow though, unfortunately :/
    For now, I'm liking Legends quite a lot, too.

Also, Lucifer. Lucifer himself is great, chick sidekick is annoying, and plot isn't moving forward much for now. It has promise, but I'm waiting for more, because if it goes on with the one episode, one police case thing, it's going to get old very fast.
    Finally, Sleepy Hollow. It is unfortunately dragging itself to its own grave, and it's sad, because season 1 was nice, but from there it's only getting downhill. The way the plot is moving forward (if you count the ordeals or whatever the witnesses have to go through, 7 iirc), it seems they think they'll manage 15 seasons give or take? What a joke, it probably won't even get a 4th one imho. What's with these shows that can't get a plot moving forward? The filler crap have been killing most of the shows I liked, and it's apparent the producers are all oblivious to that fact.
    Last edited by Urgat; 22-02-2016 at 18:31.

Haven't watched Lucifer yet and only managed to watch episode 1 of Legends of Tomorrow. On that:

As for Arrow, I agree, this season hasn't been quite as awesome. Then again, I think I was also one of the very few who wasn't all for Olicity.

Hmm. That's unfortunate about Arrow. I've been watching Season 1 on Netflix with the wife and enjoying it a great deal. We'll just have to see how it goes.

On the plus side, less than a month until Daredevil Season 2 goes online, with the Punisher!

It's gonna be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to glue and buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by FraustyTheSnowman View Post
    Anything else I have to say has already been said by Col Shaw...listen to the lego man, he's wise.
    "Ember of Dreams"
    http://www.amazon.com/Ember-Dreams-C...0408773&sr=1-1

Quote Originally Posted by ColShaw View Post
    Hmm. That's unfortunate about Arrow. I've been watching Season 1 on Netflix with the wife and enjoying it a great deal. We'll just have to see how it goes.

On the plus side, less than a month until Daredevil Season 2 goes online, with the Punisher!

It's gonna be awesome.
    It isn't unfortunate at all, mate. Do not take our words as doomsaying, just some dissatisfaction with the current season. Arrow is still one of the best things out there, just...this season isn't delivering as well as the previous seasons. The Flash, however, is frelling fantastic, so make sure you guys get into that (just be careful as the shows air together as of Arrow season 3/Flash season 1 and there could be some spoilers if you watch all of one show before watching the other.

Also can't wait for DD season 2. And Fuller House is next week!! For those who don't know, Pee-Wee's new movie hits Netflix the same day as DD season 2.

Spoiler on your spoiler, if you haven't seen up to episode 5 already, don't read.

Then again, I think I was also one of the very few who wasn't all for Olicity.
    Nah you're not, I liked Felicity in the first couple seasons, but she's become increasingly bitchy and annoying; but that aside, Damien Darhk, he may be all super powers and stuff, but he's just not Deathstroke. Even Ra's didn't compare. I think season two was just so good (after an already excellent first season) it's difficult to live up to it, now.

Quote Originally Posted by ColShaw View Post
    If you enjoy season 1, just imagine season 2 might be twice as good

And yeah, heed Lothlanarian's advice. I've been watching all the shows as they aired so it was ok for me, but it's bound to be a serious pain in the backside to watch Arrow starting season 3, because it ties in with Flash closely, as in a story starts in in Flash, and ends in the next episode of Arrow. Aaaaand in seaon 4, you have Legend of Tomorrow doing the same, but with both Flash AND Arrow. It's going to be a nightmare to rewatch in a few year's time, you'll have to print the list of episodes to be sure you're watching everyhting in the right order
    Luckily, Supergirl isn't tied to them, now that'd be annoying (mostly because I may give it a try some day, but for now it's just not appealing to me at all).

Oh, regarding the Flash, apparently, King Shark will have his own episode. So happy, he look incredible the 5 seconds we saw him last time, I was disapointed he was disposed of so quickly.
    Last edited by Urgat; 23-02-2016 at 21:02.

YES! King Shark is this week! As in it aired tonight and I have to wait until tomorrow to watch it. Diggle and Lyla guested!

As for your spoiler, I read it, I don't regret it. I'm usually okay with spoilers, so only worry about them on really big stuff that super matters to me. This only gives me a reason to look forward to finally catching up on it!

As for Damien and R'as, I think the difference is how personal the stakes were in Seasons 1 and 2. Season 1 was Ollie's crusade, season 2 was his redemption/sins of his past. Season 3 is some ******* showing up, and season 4 is that ******** evil brother that didn't think ******* A was extreme enough. It's just two baddies showing up, instead of it being about Ollie, his crusade to clean up his city, and his eventual redemption. Basically, we've gotten both of those in Seasons 1 and 2, Ollie jumped straight back into not being a killer, even though he had perfectly justifiable reasons (making him an anti-hero) and we didn't only understand his reasoning, we AGREED WITH HIM!

Now, Ollie has given into the gorram frelling SOLDIER telling him that killing a foe is bad, even if they are actively attempting to kill you for bad-guy reasons, and his whiny girl sidekick who just thinks it is icky and doesn't like it. His transition to "something better" felt forced, not natural.

Season 2 of Arrow was the brilliant. Perhaps it was that season 1 felt like buildup for season 2 (and that there was such a marked improvement between seasons) but season 3 really did feel like it meandered without someone as fearsome as Deathstroke.

As I'm a season behind, (watching via boxed sets) have they given up on the flashbacks? They worked for the first two seasons, but in the third they seemed to sap tension every time an episode started to gain momentum.

But yeah, watch the Flash. It's so awesome, the character seem to elevate other shows when he's in them. Plus, the teamups against Reverse Flash...
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

They're still doing Flashbacks, but at least this time they tie in with the main arc better. And we got an episode with Constantine, which everyone should have watched already. If not, well, do it, damn it. As for season 3
    Not a major spoiler in there.

YES! King Shark is this week! As in it aired tonight and I have to wait until tomorrow to watch it. Diggle and Lyla guested!
    Yeah, I saw the teaser, hopefully it'll be great.

As for your spoiler, I read it, I don't regret it. I'm usually okay with spoilers, so only worry about them on really big stuff that super matters to me. This only gives me a reason to look forward to finally catching up on it!
    Well, a good reason is that it's fairly good, even thought the usual paradox stuff is, well, completely ignored, to tell the truth (though considering how it goes in The Flash, this should not come at a surprise). To be honest, any time travel series or movies is going to fail in that regard, so apparently they decided from the get go that they would not be able to avoid inconsistencies, and they made excuses like the time forcing itself back to place, time echoes and whatnot. In short, Legends' version of "it's Magic!" . Once you accept that, it's a smoother ride.

As for Damien and R'as, I think the difference is how personal the stakes were in Seasons 1 and 2. Season 1 was Ollie's crusade, season 2 was his redemption/sins of his past. Season 3 is some ******* showing up, and season 4 is that ******** evil brother that didn't think ******* A was extreme enough. It's just two baddies showing up, instead of it being about Ollie, his crusade to clean up his city, and his eventual redemption. Basically, we've gotten both of those in Seasons 1 and 2, Ollie jumped straight back into not being a killer, even though he had perfectly justifiable reasons (making him an anti-hero) and we didn't only understand his reasoning, we AGREED WITH HIM!

Now, Ollie has given into the gorram frelling SOLDIER telling him that killing a foe is bad, even if they are actively attempting to kill you for bad-guy reasons, and his whiny girl sidekick who just thinks it is icky and doesn't like it. His transition to "something better" felt forced, not natural.
    Yeah. The latest episode didn't make that any better
    . But, who knows,

Quote Originally Posted by blackcherry View Post
    Season 2 of Arrow was the brilliant. Perhaps it was that season 1 felt like buildup for season 2 (and that there was such a marked improvement between seasons) but season 3 really did feel like it meandered without someone as fearsome as Deathstroke.
    It's true that season 1 and 2 worked quite well together.
    Talking about Deathstroke, he's in the next Legend's episode!!! (this episode should be great for many different reasons anyway=

As I'm a season behind, (watching via boxed sets) have they given up on the flashbacks? They worked for the first two seasons, but in the third they seemed to sap tension every time an episode started to gain momentum.
    Nah, still going at it, and feels kindda tacked on now. The story feels totally unrelated even if we know there's ties in because of the black dude whose name's eludes me, who appears both there and in the current timeline.

It's ok, Ray didn't really fit in Arrow imho, he's more at home in Legends.

But yeah, watch the Flash. It's so awesome, the character seem to elevate other shows when he's in them. Plus, the teamups against Reverse Flash...
    Well, the Flash, I got a love/hate relationship with it. Sometimes it's super awesome, and sometimes it feels like a teenager's show. I do like "wimpy" Flash, it's actually a great concept that he's neither handsome nor a bodybuilder, but he does lack a certain maturity.

Talking about DC, when the hell is Gotham starting again?

edit: my god, this post is a nightmare to read, I apologize ><
    Last edited by Urgat; 24-02-2016 at 13:08.

Not a major spoiler in there.
    Indeed. It felt more than ever that the show that season wanted to do Batman but of course couldn't. The end to the series

felt like it should have started a bit earlier so it meant something. At least we wouldn't have had as many of the wangsty episodes that season. Again, a fan of Arrow. But man, season 3 was like panning for gold when it came finding the good bits. John Barrowman enjoying chewing bits of the scenery wherever he went was one of them. Plus the one episode where Slade appeared. The Laurel stuff? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Urgat View Post
    Well, the Flash, I got a love/hate relationship with it. Sometimes it's super awesome, and sometimes it feels like a teenager's show. I do like "wimpy" Flash, it's actually a great concept that he's neither handsome nor a bodybuilder, but he does lack a certain maturity.
    Yeah, I get that. I guess for me, having an unambiguously good superhero was such a refreshing change in the current TV landscape that I'm a bit head over heels for the show. I sort of love how they just seemed to go for broke as well. Gorilla Grodd? Yep. Time travel? Yep. Providing a legitimate reason for why Barry is younger and goofier than the comics version (and that he has a personality)? Yep.

Even the less interesting episodes of Season 1 (the one with plastique) has things like Clancy Brown in them. I've heard season 2 is a bit more hit and miss, but I'm still excited to see it.
    Last edited by blackcherry; 24-02-2016 at 13:33.

Grodd will be the Season 3 over-villain on The Flash, just so everyone is aware.

Season 2 of The Flash started off REAL weak, then picked up and got excellent. I did not enjoy the first episode at all. It was down there with the season finale for season 1 (the end was horrid).

And any scene with Barrowman is just amazing. I'd really like to see him crossover for an episode of The Flash. Just one. It would be utter magic.

Also, it's funny that Urgat said "In short, Legends' version of "it's Magic!" . Once you accept that, it's a smoother ride." as the next episode happens due to a very not smooth ride on the Waverider, from my understanding.

Saw the latest Flash episode with King Shark. It was pretty good indeed, excepted the end which is a bit anticlimactic.

Grodd will be the Season 3 over-villain on The Flash, just so everyone is aware.

Season 2 of The Flash started off REAL weak, then picked up and got excellent. I did not enjoy the first episode at all. It was down there with the season finale for season 1 (the end was horrid).
    In what way? I guess it was a bit anticlimatic, but the twists more than made up for it (along with THAT ending) had me really enjoying the last episode.

Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast