Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1209

Thread: General TV Discussion

Lurking in the dark... in the void between worlds....

Re: General TV Discussion

I can recommend Black Mirror but I think the latest season, which is on Netflix, isn't as hard hitting as the previous two seasons.

I consider it a modern day version of the The Twilight Zone, only much darker. What is also obvious is Charlie Brooker's sense of humour and satire plus his former career as a computer games journalist.
    Quote Originally Posted by philbrad
    As ever WINTERMUTE speaks the truth

Last Sunday I watched the first new episode of Sherlock.

What were your thoughts Black Shield?
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

Blood for the Blood God!: My Word Bearers Plog

Um... Jaw on floor. Confusion. What the hell happened? That kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Shield View Post
    Um... Jaw on floor. Confusion. What the hell happened? That kind of stuff.
    Having seen the whose series now...wow. Two of the tree episodes were terrible. Just utterly terrible. It was clear that nobody involved really had their heart in it. Any good things that came from the episode 2 (Toby Jones in full on creep mode as a Trump/Saville hybrid, some sort of character arc for John that made him flawed but sympathetically so) was undone in the last few moments of it.

I hope this is the last of it now. The stars have gone onto better things, Gaitiss seems to be getting engaged in other projects and Moffat can drop off the face of the earth for all I care. What was a good show initially has devolved into 'twists' that make no sense and a focus on trying to humanise a character that was designed not to be very likable.
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

I didn't even mind the last episode that much (well, not entirely - some nice and some utterly stupid moments in it), but the final minutes were just excrutiating. The show was threading a fine line between convoluted and interesting, but over this last(?) series very much tumbled in the wrong direction. If more of that would be what lies ahead, it would be better if it just ended - just a shame it couldn't have ended on a higher note. A waste of what in many ways was a thoroughly enjoyable show.

\m/ Metalhead of Warseer \m/

"War is not about who is right, but who is left"
    - Ad finem temporum -

I have only seen the season premiere, so don't spoil it for me.

I have only seen the season premiere, so don't spoil it for me.
    Spoiler tags ahoy then!

Did anyone find it sort of undercut what they were trying to do with John when they

or that

makes barely a lick of sense and seems to be used just as a 'twist'?

I saw this today and thought that some might find it interesting. http://www.express.co.uk/entertainme...orena-baccarin

Interesting news. I know that Wintermute will be giddy with the news

Has anyone watched Legion yes? Saw the pilot last night and I can see why they commissioned it. Lots of style, even if I'm not convinced there is much substance beneath. Looking at everything, someone has been watching The Prisoner I think.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcherry View Post
    Interesting news. I know that Wintermute will be giddy with the news
    If its what I think it is I hope Joss is suddenly struck down by a not too severe illness which will ensure this garbage is never ever resurrected and left to rot as the utter disaster it really was.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcherry View Post
    Has anyone watched Legion yes? Saw the pilot last night and I can see why they commissioned it. Lots of style, even if I'm not convinced there is much substance beneath. Looking at everything, someone has been watching The Prisoner I think.
    I've not watched it yet but recorded on my Sky Q Box

All the reviews I've seen are very positive and I was very interested to discover the UK screened it before the USA did by a few hours (William Shatner even did a live Tweet-a-long).

The reviews have compared it to The Prisoner and also noted a Pink Floyd reference.

I need to watch Legion. I've been watching the new series Powerless for the last 3 weeks.

I was very impressed with the first episode of Legion. The direction and set design is very stylish. It also had a very interesting soundtrack. However the viewing figures were not stellar so it's future is uncertain.

I also watched the second episode of Legion. I like it. I already have some interesting theories and can't wait to see if I'm right or wrong.

I also watched the second episode of Legion. I like it. I already have some interesting theories and can't wait to see if I'm right or wrong.
    It was good and I enjoyed it. The fact they played Hyperactive by Thomas Dolby over the end credits was also a big plus (Would have preferred Talking Head's original version of Road to No Where over the start of the episode instead of the cover they used)

They may be morphing more than 1 incarnation of Legion/David such as the one from the X-Men animated series. Might find this interesting reading. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_(Marvel_Comics)

binged Humans season 2. Some good, some bad. I think it was better than the first season, especially with the introduction of new characters like Carrie-Ann Moss and her creation.

More exploration of the effects of synthetics on human life and culture. End of season set up also bodes well for a pretty big season 3 as well.

Half way through season 2 of The Expanse. Fan *********** Tastic. Excellent. So much good stuff. Some pacing weirdness which I wasn't a fan of in the first season, but at least is quicker in season 2.

Martian Marines in Power Armour. Gunnery Sergeant arm wrestling her own armour suit.

Keen for the second half of the season.
    "Humanity's Insignificance pales in comparison to its Ego." (Sir Rumplestiltskin)

"The capacity to think does not assign importance to your thoughts, it merely indicates you can." (Sir Rumplestiltskin)

Oh yes, the last season of Sherlock. How weird. I did like the second episode, but it didn't go on long enough. They easily could have turned this guy into a great villain. The last episode was kinda trashy. Well, all of Sherlock had been for the past two or maybe even three seasons. The very last episode reminded me of an episode of DS9. Don't get me wrong, I really dug most of Sherlock, but it's always problematic when a tv show falls too much in love with its characters or thinks they have to service hardcore fans too much (hardcore fan = hardcore fans of the characters and the actors who play them.). Sherlock just went on to be so bloody much over the top.

Have I mentioned I watched the rest of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? It's fun. I enjoyed it.

Chapter Master theunwantedbeing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellebore View Post
    Half way through season 2 of The Expanse. Fan *********** Tastic. Excellent. So much good stuff. Some pacing weirdness which I wasn't a fan of in the first season, but at least is quicker in season 2.

Martian Marines in Power Armour. Gunnery Sergeant arm wrestling her own armour suit.

Keen for the second half of the season.
    Agreed.
    Although the power suits are incredibly wimpy compared to the ones they use in the books, and Gunny's suit isn't red....
    Plan B kill it with fire
    Meat is Murder tasty, tasty murder
    Quote Originally Posted by RanaldLoec View Post
    I would have to agree with The Unwantedbeing as he is a paragon of sense and reason in an unreasonable environment.

Just finished watching the first new Samurai Jack in 15 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 LastLast