Welcome to the Warseer Political and Religious Discussions forum!
I know this section of the forum is extremely popular with a number of posters, but, as with all things we treasure, we have to take care of it, so please read the following notice:
The Future of P&R on Warseer
Although the P&R forum has now been opened, its place here is by no means permanent.
P&R is currently in a 3 month review period to judge whether it is worth keeping on, which will be dependant entirely
upon the behaviour of those who use it.
If it becomes clear that P&R is growing unmanageable before that 3 month period has completed, it may be shut down and dropped prematurely.
If the 3 months elapse and the behaviour of the users is favourable, it is not
free license to regress into quarrelsome jackasses after
the 3 month trial is completed. If such is seen to happen, P&R will
be shut down or the offenders responsible will be barred from entry, depending on the situation as and when it arises.
However, we would all like to give P&R a fair go, and provided people in here respect one another and accept that it's okay for opinions to differ, there is every chance that P&R will become a permanent and celebrated fixture of the Warseer community.
Keep in mind that the same rules that apply to the rest of the forum, apply to P&R also. In fact, given the nature of discussion, the rules may be more vigorously upheld in P&R than anywhere else in the forum.
Please take note to:
- Explain yourself and your points clearly to avoid confusion, misinterpretation, and the inevitable frustration of repeating yourself
- Never make a post whilst angered. If something offends you or you are vehemently opposed to a point, got get a drink and relax before responding. A reasonable tone is easier to listen to
- Discuss the points, not the posters... and that includes comments about 'limp-wristed liberals' and 'redneck republicans'
- To be safe, assume you're every inch as wrong as everyone else
- Perhaps appolagise if you offend someone. It may not have been deliberate, but it's always nice to hear
- Lead by example. Don't be dragged into an argument, nor a flame war.
- Let those that are impartial sort things out. If someone crosses the line, report it to the Moderators rather than taking it upon yourself to reprimand the offending poster. And please give the reason you have reported the post when you submit your report
- Don't use the report function to report a post you disagree with cause of the point being made.
- Keep in mind that free speach does not equate to the right to discriminate.
- Bribe the moderators...
If, because of poor behaviour, your Guildership privileges are removed, you are banned, or the P&R forums are closed before the end of this 3-month , your Guild Fees will not
Sorry for the overwhelmingly negative tone of this post, but it had to be said.
So please, work with us, work together, and make P&R work for you
If you have any questions at all, please contact the moderators or admins, and we'll be happy to help
And a final note.
The P&R Forums is the only place on Warseer where we wish to see overtly Political and/or Religious comments raised.
Politics and religion are the two most divisive topics known to man, and peoples views in regards to these subjects are often passionate or held in great conviction. In this forum, it is assumed we know that such topics must be discussed in a civil tone, and everyone here is aware that they're likely to see comments and views expressed that they may not particularly like very much, and as such it is more easily managed. In the general forums, political and/or religious comments can quickly sidetrack seemingly unrelated topics, and cause other problems.
Please respect the wishes of the Moderators and Administrators on that point and keep P&R comments in the P&R forum