Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [LaserCutCard] General WIP thread

Re: [LaserCutCard] General WIP thread

Quote Originally Posted by ooontrprzes View Post
    I really like the converted container buildings! Perfect for inq28, necromunda, or really anything! I'm quite interested, but I do have a question, how would you rate the "tear-down" ability on these? Are they designed to be glued, or do they slot together?

Beautiful tables, too. That skyscraper's a truly wonderous sight. (as a necromunda player I can't help but get a shrinking feeling in my...uhhh...gut... thinking about the height.)

Bonus points for creepy baby heads.

*edit*: Going back and looking again, they seem pretty well glued (plus the mention of wood glue with the picnic table). Apologies.
    Thanks for the kind words

You can see how they are put together here (all the instructions are online): http://lasercutcard.co.za/shop/downl...uals/sg02a.cfm

Those are awesome looking tables! The tournament organizers were lucky!
    The Tabletop Showcase - A new forum dedicated solely to Project Logs and Showcases - Join us now!

The Daniel36 Chronicles - My Project Log
    My Warseer Heroes : JuicyTomatoes - Emperor Norton - Harry - Lord Dan - Ramius4 - Naitsabes - Little Joe - Boreas_NL
    (in no particular order)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel36 View Post
    Those are awesome looking tables! The tournament organizers were lucky!
    Damn right they were!

The gunship is finally ready and in the store.

This was surprisingly difficult to paint for me as I am not used to larger models like this.

There are a a bunch more photos here. http://lasercutcard.co.za/2015/04/th...p-is-released/

If you are wondering how difficult it might be to build, the instructions to build it are here: http://lasercutcard.co.za/shop/download/manuals/v13.cfm

We've been playing around with this for a while, including using a prototype in a local competition to see how players interacted with it.

It is almost ready to go

The idea is to produce a modular fort that comprises of four basic kits:

A bastion

A gatehouse

A tower

A wall

The gatehouse, tower and wall also come with two short angled walls so that you don't have to have a perfectly square fort.

We aim to have each set priced at around $10 and you can buy what you want depending on how big you want your fort to be

As for player feedback,
    - it was a great LOS blocker at the centre of the table
    - The short walls are counted as buildings with stats Armour 11/11/11 HP2 so that they can be destroyed in game relatively easily
    - the other pieces are Armour 12/12/12 HP3
    - having the pieces modular made it very easy to pack away and the pieces were really strong

Now to paint them

The orc fort is complete

It comprises these elements:

Bastion

Gatehouse set (gatehouse + two short walls)

Tower set (tower + two short walls)

Wall set (long wall + two short walls)

The entire fort is $38 and the components are available individually.

Components: http://www.lasercutcard.co.za/shop/orc

Entire fort: http://www.lasercutcard.co.za/shop/orc/orc-value

That would be great for Gorkamorka!
    Do you like free wargames?
    http://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
    That would be great for Gorkamorka!
    Aahh the good old days

We have re-released the art deco ruins and they are now in the store here: http://www.lasercutcard.co.za/shop/scenery/buildings

These models have had the MDF replaced with card, which has made them lighter (saves on shipping) and cheaper by about $7 per model.

They are all part of the same building master file (which is based on a real building - Victoria Mansions in Durban, South Africa)

They are fantastic for 28mm games where skulls are not a prerequisite (or even 28mm games where you are just tired of skulls)

One level ruin: $16

Two level ruin: $20

Two level ruin: $20

Three level ruin: $20

In case you were wondering, the real building looks like this:

Wow, that is quite a good copy. Very nice. I am guessing that building is going to be rather difficult to turn to 10mm, huh? As it so happens, the architectural style of the Dropzone Commander future is art deco.
    The Tabletop Showcase - A new forum dedicated solely to Project Logs and Showcases - Join us now!

The Daniel36 Chronicles - My Project Log
    My Warseer Heroes : JuicyTomatoes - Emperor Norton - Harry - Lord Dan - Ramius4 - Naitsabes - Little Joe - Boreas_NL
    (in no particular order)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel36 View Post
    Wow, that is quite a good copy. Very nice. I am guessing that building is going to be rather difficult to turn to 10mm, huh? As it so happens, the architectural style of the Dropzone Commander future is art deco.
    Nope - very easy. You've seen the rescaling we did for the other models? But before I can rescale this one I need to add the roof bits

It's been a quiet couple of months on the R&D front at LCC but things are starting to happen again.

These are test cuts of two new kits.

Container Box Set test cut

This is basically a set of 4 containers in sets of two, joined together. It will complement the stacked containers and the set of three single containers and provide a cheap and easy way to set up an entire board with containers.

Na-To test cut 1

The Na-To was an Imperial Japanese Army tank destroyer designed in the closing stages of WW2.

We like the shape as a generic tracked transport and so are having a crack at it.

The basic test for the Na-To turned out quite well. This is the basic shape with no detailing – that can come later. Assuming that we are aiming for 1/48 scale, this cut is substantially bigger than the “real” one – it is aimed at wartrakk size. The bin on the back is also a lot wider than the real model on account of WAAAGH.

The next version will test an accurate 1/48 scale one with a slightly different track system but so far, so good.

If you want to see bigger versions of those pictures they are available here: http://lasercutcard.co.za/2015/08/ne...ntainers-wips/

We’ve added a new container set to our collection – the “container box” set. This is effectively two of our standard containers, side by side.

This completes our Core Container range, which comprises set of 3 standard single containers, the “container stack” (two standard containers on top of one another) and now the “container box”.

The stack and box sets are $14.95 each and the standard set of 3 is only $15.95 but you can now get all three of these core sets in a single bundle for only $34.95 – saving 25%!

All the container options are available here: http://www.lasercutcard.co.za/shop/s...ing_containers

The Na-To, resized for 1/48 and with detailing added.

The track system has been modifed to have idler wheels too.

What a great model to put together... easy and fast to build and strong as heck. It had some tiny bugs which have been sent for correction and then we should be able to release it next week.

Price is looking at around $18

The Na-To was a late addition to the WW2 arsenal of the Empire Of Japan. It was intended as the carrier for the Type 5 anti-tank gun and was meant for the final defense of the home islands.

The war ended before it went into production but we kind of love the ugly little beast and so it is resurrected here as a generic tractor.

The standard model is really easy to put together and is a great basis for your own conversions. This basic set is $16.95

It can be bought with the “orc” upgrade set for an additional $4… this includes a set of orc glyphs and a set of our heavy machine guns. The upgrade is an extra $4

The model is scaled fairly accurately to 1/48 scale and as a happy coincidence, is perfect for 30mm wargames systems.

Postage is $2 worldwide for a single model, but only $4 for up to 3.

The glyph upgrade set includes enough glyphs for 2 models so if you are considering ordering 2 or more of the "orc ones, it is only necessary to buy one upgrade per 2 models.

See it in the store here: http://www.lasercutcard.co.za/shop/v.../na-to-chassis

Librarian

Really nice stuff! If you ever make some stuff for ruined victorian or gothic architecture (fitting Malifaux) or older stuff (fitting Mordheim) I'll be all over this! Especially ruins, but also scatter terrain (gas lamps, waste bins, fences, public toilets and Gazebos) would probably look great in card!

Might have a look at some of that Orky stuff for Gorkamorka at some point, and the Art Deco ruins are also nice. Hm....

Sent fra min GT-I9506 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tmod View Post
    Really nice stuff! If you ever make some stuff for ruined victorian or gothic architecture (fitting Malifaux) or older stuff (fitting Mordheim) I'll be all over this! Especially ruins, but also scatter terrain (gas lamps, waste bins, fences, public toilets and Gazebos) would probably look great in card!

Might have a look at some of that Orky stuff for Gorkamorka at some point, and the Art Deco ruins are also nice. Hm....

Thank you for the kind words and... well what do you know?

We've been quiet recently but it does not mean that nothing is happening.

For now, here's a tutorial I did over the weekend showing how to use our DIY gothic windows and doors to make a simple ruined church.

The full tutorial is here: http://lasercutcard.co.za/2015/10/si...gothic-church/

Librarian

This is awesome! Added to my terrain resources list. The competition on my terrain budget just got a lot stronger...

We're kicking off the new year with this

An entire table’s worth of orc scenery for $65

1 expanded orc fort
    1 x gatehouse set
    1 x wall sections set
    2 x towers sets

1 orc bastion
    1 x orc bastion set

1 expanded orc settlement
    2 x orc scrap shack sets (6 shacks in total)
    2 x orc boss huts
    1 x mek hut
    1 x water tower
    1 x watchtower set (2 watchtowers)

All models are supplied unpainted and unassembled.

Models are made from 1mm heavy card in 2 layers (so final wall thickness is 2mm)

Scenic bases not included.

See this in the store here: http://www.lasercutcard.co.za/shop/orctable

Here are some pictures of how we have used this scenery in our own orc table

We’re working on some 28mm brownstone buildings for use in contemporary games but they might be useful for older human worlds. My FLGS will certainly be using them for 40k

The basic idea is to have a core building and then have detailing layers that can change the look depending on how you add them on.

Here are some shots of the first two buildings, mixed in with some of our “urban scatter” terrain and a water tower

You can click on the images to get bigger versions

If you are wondering how strong these buildings are, given that the FLGS can be a brutal place, you can watch this to see a destruction test on one of them

https://youtu.be/DcjZ74SVRDQ

Forgot to include these A set of fire escapes will be available separately. This is is the first draft of them - I will post the final version pics tomorrow

We have released a range of futuristic buildings aimed at Infinity but possibly good for Tau or Eldar.

The buildings on their own are just basic shapes but they can be combined with themselves and our range of DIY doors and windows to make some attractive and very cheap buildings.

Click on each image to see a bigger version if you want

*** The Round House ***

It is called the "Round House" because 6 of them will form a circular structure

This costs around $5 for one - and can be stacked and combined in numerous ways.

It can be combined with ours (or anyone else's) doors and windows to give buildings like this.

As a bundle deal, you can get 3 round houses, 8 doors and 16 windows for only $16.50!

*** The Comma House ***

The largest of the three and slightly more complicated to build. This is truly a unique building that will draw attention on any table it is on

This costs around $9 for one - and can also be combined in numerous ways.

It can be combined with ours (or anyone else's) doors and windows to give buildings like this.

As a bundle deal, you can get 2 comma houses, 8 doors and 16 windows for only $21.17!

*** The Arc House ***
    A multi-level building with gracefully swept wings, this was also referred to as the "bird house" earlier in development. It too can be combined with itself to create numerous different configurations.

This costs around $12 for one - and can also be combined in numerous ways.

As a bundle deal, you can get 2 arc houses, 8 doors and 16 windows for only $25.40!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast