Thread: X-wing beginner questions HELP!

X-wing beginner questions HELP!

So i have just experienced playing the Star Wars X-wing starter set and i loved it! Now i want to get my own Galactic Empire fleet and have some questions. (I have attached my fleet list)

1. I have upgraded a few of my ships, do all these upgrades available come with the respective ship? E.G Darth Vader in the Lambda class shuttle?

2a. What is a good size playing area for a 100pt game? 3x3, 2x2?

2b. What is the largest amount of asteroids i could possibly need?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100pt Galactic Empire.pdf  
    Last edited by Minigiant; 28-12-2014 at 17:45.
    < This post has a report Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Re: X-wing beginner questions HELP!

Hi there, X-wing is my favorite game ATM.

Lets see...
    1) Darth Vader (as a passenger) does come with the shuttle.
    However the Predator and Gunner cards don't come with any of the ships you listed. So far Predator only comes with the TIE Defender, and Gunner comes with Slave 1.

Voidstate has done an excellent component guide here. This lets you either insert the ships you do have, and it shows the cards you should be able to take; or you can look for particular components (e.g. Predator) and it tells you which ship they come with.

2a) 3' by 3' is the standard for normal games. If you are playing with huge ships (like the Tantive IV) you need more space, but 3x3 is normal for 100pt battles.

2b) 6 in the standard game. I've never seen more than that, though I guess larger epic battles could need more.

Chapter Master forthegloryofkazadekrund's Avatar

Re: X-wing beginner questions HELP!

1. I have upgraded a few of my ships, do all these upgrades available come with the respective ship? E.G Darth Vader in the Lambda class shuttle? If you go to http://xwing-builder.co.uk when making your squads it will tell you what the upgrades are from

2a. What is a good size playing area for a 100pt game? 3x3, 2x2? 3x3, 2x2 is quite small really and you cant get the full manoeuvrability and best out of some ships

2b. What is the largest amount of asteroids i could possibly need? Normally its 6 which come with the starter set, that's what it is in standard and tournament play

Just looking at your squadron and assuming you want to stick with those ships atm, how about

Chiraneau with Rebel Captive and Predator
    Academy TIE x2
    Omicron w Vader

Imo Chiraneau has a better ability as Oicunn is quite situational and Cs one can be used every turn really, I got rid of Gunner as you already have Predator and I think its a bit redundant
    Chamber of the Everchosen Nurgle blog
    There's definitely definitely definitely no logic
    to human behaviour...... Bjork

We will launch the MeteorBlitzkreig............. ironsky