Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: Warhammer Trailer

Re: Total War: Warhammer

And shows that it is based on the old fantasy game and not what ever 9e will be.
    Told you so

Re: Total War: Warhammer Trailer

And good to see that it's based on the old fantasy world, not whatever 9e will be.
    As I said before, GW doesn't seem to care much for video games as long as they get their royalties so they don't care to use it as a platform to promote.

I've played every Total War except Empire and the new Attilla to the bone and I cannot be more excited (except last week, when I saw the trailer for The Force Awakens).
    Four (five?) races are in the trailer, I assume there will be more for the initial release. I doubt Skaven will be one of them, but one day, one daaay!
    If a slave falls in battle, and no one is there to eat him, is he really dead?

Of course, if a slave falls in battle...does anyone care?

Looks pretty awesome, but alas, no bretonnia

Quote Originally Posted by Ludaman View Post
    Looks pretty awesome, but alas, no bretonnia
    Probably DLC. Because money. Elves weren't shown either (I think), but can't see them being left out.

More to the point, they probably won't have to worry too much about the super-generic races (like my beloved Bretonnians), because unlike the tabletop game, it's not like you can use stand-ins. The most anyone could do is mod them into something else, which will happen anyway (see Rise of Mordor mod for Total War: Attila), and that doesn't exactly take away revenue from them.

Also it's pre-End Times, so that would be a lot of empty space in the land if they left the Brets out.

"Our rules have changed". What kind of tagline is that, GW trolling?
    Twitter : @BDimetrius

I just want to play as Mannfred knowing that he dooms the whole world eventually
    Quote Originally Posted by Oloh View Post
    Vamps got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one...
    "Damn it, Mannfred!" - Everyone that wasn't rooting for Chaos.
    "Slann... Slaaaaann...?" - Every temple guard in Lustria after the Slann left for space.

Commander

Seems like this game will be set in the Old World. Or perhaps that new bubble-verse isn't too different from the old setting after all.

Ultimately, I'm more than a little certain that whatever's in this game will give a glimpse into what we can expect fluffwise from 9th. After all, the game's unspoken purpose is to act as a glorified advertisement for the tabletop just like Dawn of War before it. That wouldn't exactly work if the game's setting and feel was wildly different from the tabletop.

Now, with that out of the way...

WHERE ARE MY NORSCANS?!?!

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Dimetrius View Post
    "Our rules have changed". What kind of tagline is that, GW trolling?
    Yep, yep. Or CA referring to doing a non-'historical' game
    ----------------------------------
    And lo, the Return!

Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Or perhaps referring to a change in gameplay?
    ToFP PLOG http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...37#post7281537

Quote Originally Posted by Darnok View Post
    I... umm... will ban you!
    No wonder that you thought 2nd ed 40K sucked. You weren't even playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramius4 View Post
    Or perhaps referring to a change in gameplay?
    That would seem more likely, since is the first TW game that is not (loosely) based on actual historical events.
    Twitter : @BDimetrius

Librarian

See this is how awesome the Old warhammer world can be. Hopefully this will convince some of the Young ones that a solid wooden handle with a piece of sharpened metal on the top can be just as cool as a laser Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Dimetrius View Post
    That would seem more likely, since is the first TW game that is not (loosely) based on actual historical events.
    Wait... Are you trying to tell me that Warhammer is some kind of fantasy?
    ToFP PLOG http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...37#post7281537

Quote Originally Posted by Darnok View Post
    I... umm... will ban you!
    No wonder that you thought 2nd ed 40K sucked. You weren't even playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Flying units / Monstrous creatures (larger than elephants) / magic would all allow gameplay changes. It probably encompasses the whole spectrum of doing something different to historical warfare. I wonder how they will do the diplomacy...Also, if it is a trilogy (as someone said earlier), maybe it might actually be more plot focussed? A bit like how the Third Age mod did things (Fellowship campaign, possibility of finding the one ring in main campaign and using it to destroy Sauron)? Again that would be a fairly major change.

Veteran Sergeant

While I am a not exactly a huge Gamer, I found this tidbit of Information:

"The valiant Karl Franz marshals the men of the Empire, seeking to unite the fractured elector counts under a banner of strength against their common enemies.

"Hungry for the vicious brutality of combat, the Greenskins flock to the tribe of Grimgor Ironhide; Orcs and Goblins alike filled with an insatiable thirst for carnóage.

"High King Thorgrim orders the stoic Dwarfs forth from their mountain strongholds, marching to vengefully right the grave injustices dealt to them over the millennia.

"Yet the motives of the Vampire Counts under Mannfred von Carstien are shrouded in murderous secrecy, his armies raised from the rotting ranks of the dead.

"And while the Old World becomes torn by betrayal, war and the unleashing of unfathomable power, a greater threat still whispers in the winds from the north. The fabric of reality itself begins to rend and buckle…"

I think one could gather from that, that there are indeed the big names involved, not some generic heroes and it gives a glimps of some of the factions. No elves seems strange though, makes me wonder if they will be a dlc, are not in, or just not announced. Or if they are in the other parts of this supposed triology. Yes, it is apparently the first part of a triology. Maybe they will add the other races with the other titles?

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...e-in-a-trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAquila View Post
    "The limitlessly deep and rich universe of Warhammer heralds a new era for Total War." - Sega press release

So, anyone care to update the Sega-guys on how that limitlessly deep and rich universe is doing these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Kotrag View Post
    WHERE ARE MY NORSCANS?!?!
    I'm pretty sure that chaos will be included and probably expanded with expansion packs. I think the great daemon hints at that

I can't be the only one thinking the light wizard seemed very egrimm van horstmann. I was expecting a dragon to appear behind him.

W O W ! ! ! This looks amazing! Love the bit where the Celestial Wizard calls down the comet - I did that myself in a game the other week and that's just how I imagined it!

Quote Originally Posted by Greyshadow View Post
    W O W ! ! ! This looks amazing! Love the bit where the Celestial Wizard calls down the comet - I did that myself in a game the other week and that's just how I imagined it!
    OMG OMG OMG that was SOOOOOOOOO COOL!!! I replayed it, like, 10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by logan054 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that chaos will be included and probably expanded with expansion packs. I think the great daemon hints at that

I can't be the only one thinking the light wizard seemed very egrimm van horstmann. I was expecting a dragon to appear behind him.

As soon as the changer of ways appeared I was sure that is was a dragon. I was hoping for it to be Van Horstman.

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast