Thread: REDEATH's NIGHT LORDS log

REDEATH's NIGHT LORDS Plog

***UPDATED 12/28/2017*** Found ALL my old pics and added them to the Google Pics album and updated (Added Back) the Photos from this Project and my Death Guard and Khorne Daemonkin logs

Here is the NEW link to my complete NIGHT LORDS Plog Pictures Album in Google Photos 98 Pictures and counting...
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/ikxRJsh8cdVChWNm1

OK Night Lords have been my favorite CSM chapter since the beginning but I ended up coping out and doing Death Guard since they were easier to paint and more fun to convert....but now with all the nice ForgeWorld Night Lord stuff I am finally going to try to attempt this. I must warn you it will be a slow going but I am deturmined to make some really unique and cool Night Lords models with the collection of bits I have assembled.

Last edited by REDEATH; 02-01-2018 at 01:18. Reason: Swithcing to google Photos and NEW WH40K 8th Ed DG Models

Re: REDEATH's NIGHT LORDS log

Here is my very first Night Lords from way back in in the year 2000 when I finally started playing WH40K....I paint better than that now :P

Last edited by REDEATH; 28-12-2017 at 05:22.

Well let me be the first to congratulate you on an awesome idea!
    I have the same idea so please crack on with this and inspire me to get going with some 30k Night Lords...

OK here is a WIP prototype magnetized

and here again next to my Death Guard Magnet Guide Model....so I make sure all my magnets on all my models go in the same polar direction

Looks and works ok but those Night Lord Champion arms are a bit heavy on the resin body for the magnets used I may have to use larger magnets in the torso to legs connection or recast those arms in resin.
    Last edited by REDEATH; 28-12-2017 at 05:35.

I love that you use the exact same fishing tackle box for your bits, that I use

Great first mock-up, I prefer the first head but either will look cool once painted!

Here is the latest weapon add-ons...I added some CSM Raptor arms

Pistols are Magnetized - Plasma Pistol and Bolt Pistol

Last edited by REDEATH; 28-12-2017 at 05:39.

Now trying some Lightningclaws!

Last edited by REDEATH; 28-12-2017 at 05:41.

Again but with CSM Raptor Legs

Last edited by REDEATH; 28-12-2017 at 05:44.

and here is my first attempt at using a ForgeWorld Sons of Horus Reaver body. The plan was file off the SoH icons and greenstuff some Night Lords icons on them...but I was like WTH how come the arms look so HUGE then as you see later on in the pics I do some side by side pics and of course the damn Reaver bodies are off scale they are a little shorter DOH! So much for that plan. Can anyone else confirm for me that the FW HH SoH Reavers models are off scale and slightly smaller that all the rest or did I get a bad batch?

And here is the beginnings of a Night Lords Raptor Champion

Using a Classic Raptor Body and cut and pinned the feet from the newer version raptor after the classics.

Last edited by REDEATH; 28-12-2017 at 05:47.

***photobucket JACKED everyone's photos I am in the process of switching to Google to host my photos***

Warseer and many sites that I read and look at are getting hit with Photobuckets new policy to get money from Bloggers and other people storing their images with Photobucket. They want bloggers to pay $400 a year for what they used to do, and many other companies do for free.

You can very much bet that just about all of the sites hit by this will leave photobucket for good. I know I will never use it again I am in the slow process of digging up all my pics and getting them into my Google Album to re-post them in my plogs.

Ok some people have been PMing me about my moving to Google Photos and asking how to embed the pics here in Warseer so there is my attempt as explaining How To:

Create the New Album in Google Photos
    1. Then ADD Photos to album... on the top right when you do that you have the option to "Add Photos" then after you click that then again in the top right is the option "Select from computer" you choose that to upload any pics you have on your computer ( ex I downloaded all my old Photo Bucket Albums from PB and I am now in the process of making the albums on Google Photo so I am uploading the pics from the downloaded PB albums <after I unzipped them of course>).
    2. Then to embed individual pics in your Warseer Plog just open the photo in your Google Photos album and then right click on the photo and select "Copy Image Address"
    3. Then in your Warseer Post Select "Insert Image"
    4. Then in the Insert Image window Click on the "From URL" Tab and paste the link in the URL box and make sure you UNCHECK "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"
    5. Then click on OK and Post your reply then smile as your pic is now in your post

Ok I have just added back my old Pics into the old posts and here is some unposted pics of work with ForgeWorld Sons of Horus Reaver bodies...

Some Legs I worked on for Night Lords...

Ambitious conversions if you are going to do it with so many models.

Good luck.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Ah, a good old Red Death heavy conversion log!

classy knee sculpting good sir. Kudos!
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    There are WAY better outlets for your sexual frustration on the Internet than Necrons.
    The Lost and the Discounted

The Cleave-man Browns