Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brave's random fantasy plog

Re: The Brave's random fantasy plog

Another cheap toy painted and used as some sort of giant/golem.

Last edited by The Brave; 06-09-2015 at 21:40.

I had around this toy...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	315.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	219997
    With some work and a lot of bits I got this big guy.

Name:	IMG_3290.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	378.4 KB 
ID:	219991Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3291.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	397.4 KB 
ID:	219992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3292.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	384.3 KB 
ID:	219993Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3293.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	236.1 KB 
ID:	219994Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3294.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	231.8 KB 
ID:	219995Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3295.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	234.9 KB 
ID:	219996
    Last edited by The Brave; 13-09-2015 at 18:15.

It took me 2 days to paint this bastard, I made the skin 3 times, and in the end I'm not happy with it, but I'm tired to try.
    The toy plastic is impossible to paint, only after 5 layers of paint I finally manage to finish the boots.
    I was wondering if I can add some tattoes on the back, but I'm afraid to make a mess.

For more pictures click here

Working on something goes boom.

Check my kitbashing crazyness here.

Check also my blog for amazing mix of toys and miniatures: https://toy-hammer.blogspot.it/

And now colored.

Name:	IMG_3370.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	220706Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3371.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	220707Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3372.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	220708Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3373.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	220709Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3374.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	158.8 KB 
ID:	220710

They need a crew.

Check also my blog for amazing mix of toys and miniatures: https://toy-hammer.blogspot.it/

I think the two-headed Ogre turned out great, he's giving me a Warcraft II-vibe that's got me sold
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

Unwanted Forays into Mordheim! Orcs in da ruins!

The cartoonish look of the ogre surely reminds Warcraft, well, I like cartoonish miniatures

I have a lot of converted toys, they are cheap and sometimes very well sclupted, and if not you can always customize them with bits.

About bits... each time I buy bits bag on ebay there are some skeleton arts in it. I hit the jackpot last year when I won an audition for 1€ with several tomb king metal miniatures in it, plus a large number of parts.
    I still need to finish all the mummies, and maybe re-sell, but kitbashing together all the different skeletons I got in the past years I got these:

No idea where these 3 came from... Mantic?

Full gallery

I give the dinomen a third brother, the original toy was a little different from the previous ones, so he's a tad shorter.

Maybe she's a girl, that explains the full dress.

Last edited by The Brave; 06-10-2015 at 13:24.

I'm still full of arms and heads, I think in the future you'll see a lot of strange-looking beasts here...

If you have some ideas how to use tons of bits, mostly heads and arms, please tell me.

For now I'm trying my best in sclupting and kitbashing

Thanks to halloween I have a coule of project for the following weeks: giant bugs and bat rider.

I start with the second, here a test piece.

Warhammer old wolf head, cheap bat toy and a lot of milliput.

My biggest problem are the rider, I have some moria goblin around and they are a good fit, but I also have some warhammer night goblin parts to use.

So, Lord of the Rings or Warhammer?

Last edited by The Brave; 11-10-2015 at 13:43.

Nice mini! I should rather go for the LotR goblin, because it looks lighter and hence the bat could fly better.

My humble plog.
    A generic human low fantasy army, with lots of conversions and kitbashing.

Those longneck Dinos look really funny. Really like em!
    My Blood Bowl Plog: Blood Sweat and Bloodbowl

Painted the bat, in the end I usedthe moria goblin. I'm not used to paint so small faces, so the goblin has a dull surprise expression.

I think the bat is pretty cool.

I have two more wolf heads around, so be prepared to see more flying foxes in the future.

The rider is magnetized, I'm still trying to sculpt a warhemmer night goblin raider.

My undead bits box had parts of skelton giant, but not enough to make a full miniature.

With the help of a Prince of Persia movie action figure (one of the cheapest toy I have ever seen, but nice sculpt) I put together this.

It's more Persian than Tomb King but it works.

I need a suggestion: it's better with or without cape and which shield is better, giant skull or Tomb Kings insigna?

Last edited by The Brave; 02-11-2015 at 09:38.

Great conversion on that giant; have to say I prefer the giant skull on the shield vs the khemri banner.
    Good work!

Loth

Since this is a giant, I prefer it without the cape. Up to you though! Looks good
    Warseer Project Log - The Four Heroes Project Log
    General Hobby Blog - Four Heroes Project Blog

No Capes!

(words for the word-god)
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

Thanks all for the suggestions, in the end the cape is on. I have primed the figure and applied the first washes, still thinking about the colors, but I'll go with the usual tones for my skeletons, bright bones, brown, purple and blue.

I also have finished another giant bat, when the 3rd one is completed I'll post some photos. Still thinking about the bases, 40 mm or 50 mm?

I'm trying to sculpt a litlle, some bodies for all the different bits I have, a couple of new skaven, just to have 4-5 wererats for D&D.

Some gor and ungor on the way too, not sure if convert them in satyrs or not.

And a new idea for a warband of some sort, with giant rhinoceros beetles.
    Again, not sure if giant rhinoceros beetles go better with elf, gnomes, satyrs or fairies.

For the bats, are we talking round bases? In that case, I'd say 50mm, as 40mm could prove unstable with a flight stand...

About the bats, those big wings are a pain, it's very difficult to make an unit with them.

My working bench is getting busy, I have 3 goblins, 1 giant, 1 snake man, 2 orcs, 1 giant bat and his knight and 1 skaven to paint. And those are the ones I want to do in November.

I still have my unfinished orc army, 10 dwarves and 10 beastmen.

But now I'm in a sculpting mood.

As you have seen in the plog I love to kitbash, I like to take toys and miniatures and make new characters for my d&d nights (and to steam off all the stress I get from my job...). Warhammer is a great game and has a lot of nice miniatures, but it lacks of nice fantasy races, and it's expensive, very expensive. Thanks to God ebay exists and you can buy all the bits you want.

My local toy shop is a great place to find cheap plastic toy, and with the before mentioned bits you can put together some nice stuff.
    Recently I got some nice plastic beetles, so it's time to experimenting with them.
    Various toy companies, all of them made (unfortunately) by soft rubber, but they can easealy painted and sculpted over. They also smell a lot, probably I'll die soon for some form of intoxication.

Here you can see what I got. You already know the fate of the bats, the big spider is coverend in fur, so I don't know if I'll never paint him, the 2 turtles covered in bones are really goofy.

Here only the bugs with a miniature for scale.
    Btw, I adore that guy, I really like his color scheme and sculpt.

I have already sculpted over one of the small guy and tried to put himon a base. It was painful, the rubber don't mix well with the glue, and the little bug is too big for a 25mm base and to small for a bigger base.

I stucked him on a 25mm base in a way or another.

Now the biggest problem is to give a theme to this band, I don't want to only have a bunch of insect laying around, I ant to give them some character.

My idea is to put the small guys on a 25mm base and the bigger ones on 40mm. I want to give the big green one a saddle full of stuff, and some merchant looking guy riding it. Not sure if it's better to leave the other two big rhinoceros beetles alone or to give them knights too. I think I'll leave the stag beetle alone, with no strange things on it.
    Thr 2 red beetle are too weird looking, but the head is cool.

No Idea about the people taming these guys. I'm sick of skeletons and goblins, maybe wood elfs or gomes?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast