Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Halo Halo Halo..What's all this then?

Chapter Master

Halo Halo Halo..What's all this then?

Well, that's the UNSC done...onto the big purple things!

Really enjoyed painting these, roll on the expansions!

Chapter Master

Re: Halo Halo Halo..What's all this then?

Covenant stuff done...that was nice n easy! Roll on the expansions

That was one hell of a party!

These aren't the droids you are looking for?

The complete core set, shiny n pretty

In the darkest nightmares of anybody who grew up in the eighties

Beautiful work, as always, Bulldog.

Say, are you going to be getting into Hawk Wargames' upcoming Dropfleet Commander?

I'd like to see what you can do with those ships.

Chapter Master

I'll take a look at it godzooky, like I have the space for more miniatures!

Ps. Damnit I got the godzooky tune running through my head now!

Chapter Master

I have also been working on another expansion set for the Space station we sell. This set turns it into a big beefy command post type base, stands nearly 12 inches tall!

pretty useful in a lot of systems, for instance I will be putting it to work in trek, Armada and Halo fleet battles in the future!

Fully backwards compatible with our previous upgrade sets too, I'm a gamer at heart and I love having OPTIONS! building different variants and making the rules for them is fun too!

The upgrade kit consists of the following, the lower arms simply slot over the little nubs and sit comfortably in place and if you take the time to pin or magnetise the upper structures they can be simply replaced as need be...magic!

Chapter Master

Had fun playing the other day but scrabbling for those pesky fighter tokens started to bug me a little so decided to create a little extra bling for my battlefield! Started with the Broadswords and Seraph fighters, I used only the tiny art on the tokens as reference rather than googling lots of images so they are not exactly like the game art models(obviously fighters cant really be a scale thing in fleet battles) but I like to do things this way as it often injects a little bit of originality in my models rather than just boring straight copies. Will probably do the bombers too, as these guys came out quite cute, probably wont bother with the boarding craft as they aren't really around on table long enough. Anyhow, I designed the little stands to take up to 5 tokens and its an easier job counting and removing them once they are in there. Then I got me thinking, why fanny around with all those tokens at all when a simple dice saves a lot of trouble, then I gets me thinking a little more and thinks a little set of custom dice for the fighter stand will be fun. The card ones are just mock ups but when I get round to sculpting the bombers I will make some little counter dice about the same size as that standard dice in the pictures. Single ships to represent a squadron or pin a view together in formations, I had lots of fun and will be making more variants to populate my battles!
    PS. I know the Seraph fighters are the wrong way round on the pics!

In the darkest nightmares of anybody who grew up in the eighties

Nice work, Bulldog.

One tiny thing I spotted. The Seraphs might need to be rotated 180 on their stands, I think.

The tapered edge is the rear.

See 2:22 on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xIy5Lm4owk

Chapter Master

Yup Godzooky, already been notified, that's what you get for sticking to the tiny token art for reference and not checking google! It has been rectified!

also

finished the bombers this morning and some funky little wing count dice, all works quite well, can't wait to play a game with them! Once again I kept the oversized scale as I intended to have just the one ship to represent the wing so the 'formation' stands are just for a little fun. Soooooo tempted to do the boarding craft, I know they are hardly ever on the table but my OCD for complete collections is screaming at me and I am sure I can come up with some scenarios have them hanging around more! Ps. Will robably end up doing a Sabre too <facepalm>

Wow, really lovely work. And those planets! Very impressive.
    So long Old World, you had a good run.

The paint jobs on these ships are absolutly stunning! Beautiful shading and highlighting on everything. Two things especially I wanted to applaude, first that coole "breaking up planet". If you did that, bravo! Its a very cool looking and original piece of space terrain. Second are those fighters and bombers, both the miniatures and the stands. I may just steal that idea for my BFG fighters and bombers.

Chapter Master

Thanks guys, back from a week camping and back to the grindstone I guess! All the space scenery and much more are available at combatzone-scenery.co.uk. Any suggestions for additional scenery pieces, I am always open to suggestions to make our tabletops look a little cooler!

any chance you will be working on destroyed halo ring scenery pieces?

Chapter Master

Certainly thinking about it mate, seems a shame not to adorn the table with adequate bling for such an awesome game, consider it on the list, will get this Rivetwars KS out the way, new imperial assault scenery made, more rivet stuff done, star-forge style station made, FW warlord Titan built and painted and possibly some of my own stuff done so, hmmm, let say a couple of days :P

Chapter Master

That's me sorted for next Halo engagement! Will try and shoehorn a little time in this week to sculpt the dropships and alternative Sabre style fighter

Chapter Master

Right, that's my play on boarding craft and advanced fighters, should be covered for all situations now....time to create some Halo inspired scenery!

Chapter Master

Got hold of one of the darkhorse collectable unities, pants out of the box, looks like it was finger painted with emulsion paints but after a quick tickle over the 'UNSC Bulldog' looks pretty shiny

Pulling out of dry dock ready to give those covvies a bloody good spanking!

Chapter Master

Punic and CAS finished! The Darkhorse Infinity looks great next to the official game stuff!

Commander

Wow.

Cracking models & a terrific paint job. Love the blending & the lighting effects.

Chapter Master

Been working on some scenery, 'ring wreckage'!

So what are these Darkhorse models? Are there more of them? What types of ships are there?
    Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Space ship design project

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast