Thread: Looking to start! Questions on the range of models.

Chapter Master Scribe of Khorne's Avatar

Looking to start! Questions on the range of models.

Hello Infinity forum...I dont know if I've posted here but am looking to start playing.

I've been reading the main site, looking at the faction choices, even had the rules at one point and have read through the basics.

My question revolves around the model line though. Is it in the middle of a reboot? Are there issues of scale between the factions, or even (*gasp*) internally within a faction? While it may seem a trivial thing its a make or break for me if the models are well out of whack.

I think the style is great, and the detail looks amazing, but it does seem like there is a re-sculpting process going on in some of the ranges?
    Some men, just want to watch the world burn.

Re: Looking to start! Questions on the range of models.

Corvus Belli has switched to CAD-Design not too long ago, and are redoing older sculpts. New and redone miniatures are slightly taller and heftier - I don't think it is really inconvenient:
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29...ps5aol6pkc.jpg
    (Older starterbox Ghulam on the left, newer Special Weapons Box Ghulam on the right)

Within the factions, the only one really inconvenienced by scale isssues is the Corregidor Sectorial of the Nomads - the got a bunch of miniatures (the Wildcats eg) that were slightly smaller than even the old ranges and now look a bit lost next to newer models lke the Aguaciles.

Ah an excellent comparison and not too bad at all, thanks!

I've got some interest in my group, and my son is old enough to start playing if we can get it off the ground easily, so I'll be stopping by a bit to spam threads. :]

You`re welcome, and I hope you have fun with Infinity !

I was thinking about this a couple nights ago. I have a bunch of pre-CAD Nomads, and started picking up the new, post-CAD Ariadna. Size-wise I wouldn't blink an eye at mixing the two, albeit not a direct comparison.

Damon.
    "Nicht kleckern, klotzen!"

A Mtlhd of Wrsr

My Minis Blog: minislikedust.blogspot.com
    My Book Blog: bookslikedust.blogspot.com

Good to know.

Another question, how long are your games normally?

Veteran Sergeant Bishops finger's Avatar

welcome to infinity! very subjective time,at the club we played a 220 point game in about 1 hour 30mins this week(it was a very packed field and i took flamethrowers galore muhaha),same game with my mates at house took all afternoon,with beer chatting,rules looking up haha

Veteran Sergeant Bishops finger's Avatar

This scale thing seems to be over blown, the only time I've noticed is on some old yu-jing figs. you can normally tell the old figures there are one or two,stick to the newer starter boxes. But the beauty of infinity is the balance there does not seem to be any must have models(like gw were you needed to buy the old stuff)
    Another tip which has made my life 100 times easyer superglue accelerator spray takes all the pain out of holding parts together while setting! probably everyone knows about this, but i only recently discovered it and am spreading the word like an excited child ha!
    Last edited by Bishops finger; 30-08-2015 at 12:03.

Took the leap (and its not much of one to be honest as the entry costs are tiny...) with Aleph for me, Combined for my son and the paper building pack which I think is just awesome when you consider what you get for the cost that gives you a good looking starting board to learn the game on. :]

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe of Khorne View Post
    Took the leap (and its not much of one to be honest as the entry costs are tiny...) with Aleph for me, Combined for my son and the paper building pack which I think is just awesome when you consider what you get for the cost that gives you a good looking starting board to learn the game on. :]
    Yeah its why I think the Infinity starter set is the best around for the type of game. It comes with everything you need, including scenery which is something a new player wont have.

A tip for the buildings since they are kinda flimsy, the cardboard boxes that Infinity units come in are the exact size to fit inside and provide structural support.

Solid advice all around.

Glad to hear another one jumping into Infinity. I've been championing it around my area for awhile now. Average game length at 220 ranges from 45 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes based upon who I play against. As for model disparity I haven't noticed any that caused me issues and I own the vast majority of all models across all factions. Entry cost is low and as Gorsameth said the starter is an amazing purchase for what you get. I hope you and your son enjoy the game, shoot us a post to let us know how it goes (i.e. any questions, comments, etc...).

I will for sure, hope to get a game in tonight. Love the little boxes fitting in the terrain, and the tokens as part of the packaging. The models also seem really well cast, the Aleph went together easy, and working on his box set seems just as good.

Yep the new stuff is a dream to assemble, the only issue is due to the delicacy of some sculpts the contact areas can sometimes be tiny! Branching out into Aleph like you, just need to decide on the colour scheme...