Thread: Craneblade. My first big conversion project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Librarian

Craneblade. My first big conversion project

This is my first posting on any kind of forum so forgive any silly mistakes, I'm still learning.
    i had this idea a few years ago to convert a baneblade into something different but struggled to settle on one idea . The parts sat in the box not doing anything until I had a brain wave just after Christmas, what do you do when an imperial knight falls over?????. The idea had come from another project I was planning with a fallen, battle damaged knight, how do you recover the parts??? A bit of research on current battle tractors and engineers equipment pointed me in a good direction and the craneblade was off the ground and rolling. Have seen similar projects using the chimera kit as a base model but for me I wanted it to be a bit bigger

This is is my progress so far, the bulk of the lower kit is straight from the box. Extra bolters mounted at the front of each track unit came from the stormraven kit, the blade attached to the rear, will get extended to the full width of the tracks when I can get hold of another to chop. I am currently undecided on whether to use the turrets on the the rear sponsons as it's a recovery rather that battle tank, the crew cabin has been extended with plasticard and the top turret is only loose placed at present. I'm also working on some heavy servitors to go with this.

Very much a work in progress

cheers

Al
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1201.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	232128   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1234.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	232129   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1235.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	232130  
    Last edited by Mrnon; 18-08-2017 at 22:23.