Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lost and the Discounted

Re: The Lost and the Discounted

Nice model range. I like how you pull everyone together with your paintjob. And I think that Mr. Balor is a very nice model. I like the idea with the eye in the forehead. Might steal it, if you dont mind.
    VIGILO

CONFIDO

Thanks blackcherry
    Grimgork the model actually has an eyeball sculpted on his forehead, so I could hardly object to you using it. Thanks for the kind words.

Da Green B****** (from parts unknown)

Orks have been a persistent problem in the underhive. A Warboss known only as Krom has amassed quite an army of greenskins. Deacon Balor's followers tended to steer clear of such creatures, but emboldened by their new master they were happy to ambush a swarm of grots and their herder. Balor himself dispatched the herder, clubbing him unconscious, at which point the grots surrendered.

Balor assumed such weak creatures would be easy to convert to the glory of Chaos. Indeed, bathed in the burning light of his Accursed Crozius the grots shrieked and cowered. At first they seemed quite willing to bow to the ways of Chaos but, as time passed, it became clear the diminutive greenskins had no idea what Balor was talking about, and would simply agree to anything in the hopes of alleviating their pain. The herder meanwhile had regained conscious enough to laugh at the preacher's increasingly exacerbated attempts to explain the glory of the Dark Gods.

Deacon Balor was furious. He had proclaimed that he could turn any creature to the cause of Chaos. He would not permit such runts to undermine his words. One way or another the herder and his grots would be turned.

He raised his Crozius, the weapon blazing with a dark light, and the grots' flesh began to run like wax . . .

Chaos Spawn number two
    Last edited by Denny; 08-08-2017 at 09:13.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    There are WAY better outlets for your sexual frustration on the Internet than Necrons.
    The Lost and the Discounted

The Cleave-man Browns

Mongo

Mongo had been hiding out amongst the Scavvies for longer than anyone could remember. Whether he was a ogryn deserter who somehow ended up in the underhive or simply a mutant grown to giant size, Mongo tended to keep himself to himself, providing food supplies were plentiful. When they weren't he tended to assist the food chain by assuring some of the smaller gangs simply disappeared.

Mongo lacked the intellect to understand the true glory he was about to be offered, but nevertheless he now serves the Deacon Balor

Last edited by Denny; 08-08-2017 at 09:11.
    There are WAY better outlets for your sexual frustration on the Internet than Necrons.

The Cleave-man Browns

That's awesome, great littel backstory for the Spawns as well
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

Unwanted Forays into Mordheim! Orcs in da ruins!

Thanks unwanted, when I was converting/painting them I tried to come up with a little backstory to illustrate the theme of this army; the corruption of chaos.
    In four out of five cases I succeeded . . .

Anyway, today's spawn . . .

Private Stash

Private Stash was part of a training exercise in the underhive. Isolated from his comrades and abducted by the underhivers, Deacon Balor assumed that the guardsman would be simple enough to corrupt and could provide useful information concerning troop movements in the surrounding sector.

However, the Deacon underestimated Stash's faith. Days were spent subjecting him to the dark power of Chaos, but the solider clung to his belief in the Emperor and refused to answer any questions, reciting prayers over and over. Sadly, no matter the strength of his faith, his body was still susceptible to the power of Chaos. Though his mind was now too far gone to provide any insight into the loyalist forces Private Stash will nevertheless serve the dark gods in a more direct manner . . .

Last edited by Denny; 08-08-2017 at 09:18.

The Cleave-man Browns

WTF?

A fallen champion of Tzeentch? Twisted mutant from the underhive? Simple country hyper-chicken from a backwoods asteroid?

Who can say?

Only one thing is known for sure. I had some bits left over, and dang it if I wasn't going to have a complete unit of 5 Chaos Spawn.

EDIT: In keeping with my naming convention, I suppose I will christen this creature the Gobbledy Gooker
    Last edited by Denny; 08-08-2017 at 09:09.

The Cleave-man Browns

The Deacon's favored sons together

Last edited by Denny; 08-08-2017 at 09:08.

The Cleave-man Browns

Loving those chaos spawn - gloriously mad!
    Turns out Ive got a blog. Have a nosy at all kinds of Chaos, a few Orks and whatever else takes my fancy here: https://convertordie.wordpress.com/

Thanks Wudugast.

I will be taking a hiatus from the blog as the next couple of weeks are going to be spent taking the new addition to see his extended family round the country.
    He is going to be such a pain as well, you can see it in his eyes.

. . . alright, bad example.

Anyway, before I set off I have sorted the daemons and condemned the followers of Slannesh (and a few other bits) to the Dettol.

Last edited by Denny; 08-08-2017 at 09:07.

The Cleave-man Browns

Love the work in here. Love the spawn. I always thought Bo should join the family

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle Within View Post
    I always thought Bo should join the family
    Dang right he should!
    Also, well done for picking up on the naming convention for my Scavvies.

In other news I never made the family trip. You know when your driving on the motorway, and your brakes stop working?
    If not, then you probably had a significantly better time on your last road trip than I did . . .

Nobody was hurt luckily, but after getting the car checked over we decided against a trip. On the upside I managed to get a fair bit of converting and assembling done.
    Hopefully I'll have some more pictures soon . . .
    Last edited by Denny; 21-10-2015 at 16:15.

The Cleave-man Browns

Morning all,

A couple of work in progress shots (I hate sharing these because I'm never happy with my work)

Some WIP Obliterators (need more guns)

A smattering of Marines. Quite a mix of armour styles . . .

Last edited by Denny; 08-08-2017 at 09:08.

The Cleave-man Browns

Interlude: Shameless Cash Grab

Apologies for begging, but I'm raising funds for Movember (if you unfamiliar the object is to grow a moustache during November to raise money to fight prostate cancer)

Anyway, if anyone is feeling super generous you can donate here: http://mobro.co/dennyflowers
    (Even a quid will make a difference and you can use paypal)

I will update the link occasionally with photos showing progress or lack there of (I don't grow a good moustache).

Anyway, that will be the last time I raise this topic on this thread. Back to the forces of Chaos!
    Last edited by Denny; 02-11-2015 at 13:32.

The Cleave-man Browns

Hive of the Living Dead

As I mentioned a page back, Hive Strecore was once renowned for its production of Resserectium™, a cellular regeneration elixir used by those in the upper hives to ward off the effects of aging. However, following a catastrophic explosion at the main tower production ceased.

Sadly Resserectium™ had a rather unfortunate side effect when taken in large quantities . . . (or when splattered over the recently dead . . .)

Behold the Tower (Wraithknight for scale purposes only). Its pretty big . . .

And is still 'inhabited' by some of the victims of the explosion.

The Swamp Rat, the assassin rumored to have caused the accident, was never seen again . . . (hard to see from the pic but yes, there is a bullet hole in his head)

Deacon Balor is anxious to harness this resource . . .
    Last edited by Denny; 08-08-2017 at 09:26.

The Cleave-man Browns

Zombie Mob Number One

So, having counted up the Zombies I painted for the Tower (which is by far the best and worst game of Necromunda I have ever played; it lasted about nine hours, and upon entering the Tower my BS 6, gunfighter, over 400+ experience gang leader was unlucky enough to roll snake eyes and was instantly killed and converted into one of the living dead. I'd have objected more if I hadn't written the scenario rules) it turns out I had quite a few of the gits. Enough for several units anyway.

Led by zombie sergeant Barry Horowitz, a member of the cleanup crew sent in following the explosion. Barry had called in sick that morning and was not therefore present for the initial blast. However he was too busy patting himself on the back for his good fortune to notice the moans emanating from within the Tower. First man in, first man bit.
    Still, at least in his undeath he now gets to boss underlings around.
    Last edited by Denny; 08-08-2017 at 10:53.

The Cleave-man Browns

looking great

Thank you good sir.

Zombie Mob Number Two

Mob Two is led by Steve Lombardi, a Second Technician who worked closely with Barry. Due to Barry calling in sick Steve had to repair one of the main generator's drive plates solo.
    Its still unknown whether Steve's sloppy work or the Swamp Rat's sabotage was the cause of the subsequent explosion, but at least Steve was able to greet Barry upon his return to the Tower . . .

The Cleave-man Browns

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

The sheer variety in those zombies is outstanding. They really all do feel like they have a backstory of sorts.

The Obliterators are looking good too.

Also, I just noticed I'm quoted in your signature, clicked the direct link, and realized that thread was deleted, but still chuckled.

I'm liking the references.

I look forward to your leader's ascension to Daemon Prince Devitt.
    *"The objective of the game is to win. The point of the game is to have fun. The two should never be confused."
    Visit my Project Log. (last updated 08/08/2011)
    My current eBay auctions. Bugger All.
    <o>\o/ Yes! <o>\o/ Yes! <o>\o/ Yes!

I just noticed I'm quoted in your signature, clicked the direct link, and realized that thread was deleted, but still chuckled.
    I'm not surprised it got deleted. The guy who started that thread was weird. Way too many questions, suggestions, and inferences about robot-sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimtuff View Post
    I look forward to your leader's ascension to Daemon Prince Devitt.
    The sad thing is that hadn't occurred to me until now, but of course you are 100% correct. The only possible name for an ascended Deacon Balor would be Daemon Prince Devitt.

Zombie Mob Three

Led by Lanny Poffo, a former security officer for the Guilders who accompanied the clean up crew after the explosion. Lanny, a poet and scholar by inclination, had only joined the force to be more like his brother, who had been recruited at a young age to join the Imperial Fists. Lanny was not therefore well equipped to cope with the nightmare unleashed within the Tower. An heroic leap across one of the many gapping chasms brought on by the explosion took him safely out of reach of the oncoming horde, but it was too late by then. Lanny had already been bitten, and soon brought the plague beyond the confines of the Tower . . .

The Cleave-man Browns

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast