Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lost and the Discounted

Re: The Lost and the Discounted

Woo, looks like I will get my first game in tomorrow. 1000 points (which may be challenging ) against some Blood Angels who have been called in to investigate disappearances within the underhive.

I think my current army will struggle against this, and not only because I have nowhere near 1000 points (my antitank currently consists of a power maul and some Chaos Spawn; a single Dreadnought would be almost unbeatable). Still, Deacon Balor might be able to pull in some friends from the Warp; certain daemons find it hard to resist the call of blood . . .

Zombie Mob Four

Led by Rosa Mendes, another security officer employed by the Guilders. She answered Lanny's distress call, but received a rather unpleasant surprise upon encountering him.
    Last edited by Denny; 08-08-2017 at 10:54.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    There are WAY better outlets for your sexual frustration on the Internet than Necrons.
    The Lost and the Discounted

The Cleave-man Browns

Zombie Mob Five

Led by 'Iron' Mike Sharpe, a former pit slave who thought he could defeat the living dead and earn his freedom in the process. Though his claws dismembered dozens of foes all it took was one bite to bring him into their ranks.

That is my lot thus far. 50 zombies. Incidentally this group included my favourite zombie, the chap next to Mr Sharpe who is supporting his head.

Of course, in order to use Plague Zombies, I need a means of unlocking them . . .
    Last edited by Denny; 08-08-2017 at 10:54.
    There are WAY better outlets for your sexual frustration on the Internet than Necrons.

The Cleave-man Browns

Battle Report Part 1

Deacon Balor's first real mission was to retrieve a barrel of Trioxin, a chemical vital in the prodiuction of Resserectium™.

(The fact that the barrel is marked as Trioxin rather than Solanum gives you an indication of how old this objective marker is, and by extension how old I am . . .)

Accompanied by his loyal followers the Deacon assume that this would be a simple operation, and had not counted on the sudden appearance of some Blood Angels in the underhive, apparently focused on the retrieval of their own meaningless relic. Deacon Balor intended to withdrawn, until a now familiar voice whispered in the back of his mind; the false angels were a vital part of the plan, and their blood was needed . . .
    Last edited by Denny; 08-08-2017 at 11:55.

The Cleave-man Browns

EDIT: So there was some more battle reporting here, but I couldn't find the photos.

So, in a nut shell, Balor won because of summoning a giant killer robot scorpion.

Last edited by Denny; 08-08-2017 at 12:01.

The Cleave-man Browns

Oh, and a Bloodthirster. Because GRRR!!!!

Last edited by Denny; 08-08-2017 at 12:01.

The Cleave-man Browns

It must be my fault for painting all those zombies, but Pappa Nurgle has really blessed my house this last week. My wife, myself, and the little baby have all been staggering around like the undead (well, the baby doesn't so much stagger as wave his limbs ineffectually). On the plus side I took some time to watch the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, and it is awesome. Even my other half (who never got into the Turtles as a kid) really enjoyed it. Go watch it people!

Also, some progress has been made on my counts-as Typhus.

I'm not totally sold on the head or the weapon, but I think I might be being over picky; I know the ghoul heads are infamous for being ugly, but in this context that's what I'm going for; a former Blood Angel Chaplin who has been corrupted into a bloodthirsty nosferatu-style vampire.
    Last edited by Denny; 08-08-2017 at 12:03.

The Cleave-man Browns

Just undercoated a space marine with one hand whilst simultaneously bouncing the boy with the other. Boosh!

The Cleave-man Browns

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    Just undercoated a space marine with one hand whilst simultaneously bouncing the boy with the other. Boosh!
    Like a boss.
    Nel mezzo del cammin di nostra vita,
    mi ritrovai per una selva oscura,
    ché la diritta via era smarrita.

nur der Regen weint am Grab...

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    This is mad parenting skill.

Thanks guys. Sadly the baby boy and the holiday season have really cut into my painting time.

However, I did manage to knock up a Gingerbread House.

Pretty chuffed with this. Finn (did I mention my son's name?) is a little young for it, but I'm sure it will captivate other children, and I'm really looking forward to fattening up and eating them for Christmas . . . I mean, gifting them with candy.

Yes . . . delicious candy.

. . . delicious children . . .
    Last edited by Denny; 08-08-2017 at 12:04.

The Cleave-man Browns

Librarian

cake looks good... did you put the whole bottle of wine into the mix? (2nd pic)

Nah, wine goes in daddy.

The Cleave-man Browns

EDIT: Don't have this photo anymore either. Stupid photobucket!
    Last edited by Denny; 31-08-2017 at 16:23.

The Cleave-man Browns

Gangrel, Chaplin of the Dead Company
    (Counts as Typhus)

The conversion is based on the limited edition captain from Shield of Baal: Deathstorm (which I bought and split with a Tyranid friend a year or so back to get the mini rulebook, figuring I'd use the models for something). I've fiddle with the colour scheme a few times but its at a point where I need to just leave it!

Chaplin Gangrel, though a ferocious warrior, was known most for his compassion for his charges, the victims of the Black Rage. Despite the madness that gripped them, Gangrel was determined that every member of his brood would die a hero, and be spared the torment of degenerating into a monster.

When the distress call came, when Hive Strecore was suddenly infested with the living dead, when a brother thought lost in the mysterious attack in the underhive made contact, Gangrel led his Death Company on an heroic suicide charge against the army of rampaging zombies, buying time for the evacuees. Five marines were enough to stem the tide and repel hundreds of the monsters, but one by one they fell, only their Chaplin remaining as the creatures tore into the bodies of his charges.

It was then the Black Rage took Gangrel. In his savage fury he annihilated his foes, snapping limbs and tearing throats. Sadly however, these were not the usual creatures that roamed the underhive. They had been infused with Trioxin, gorged on the flesh of fallen angles, and infused with Deacon Balor's corrupting power for a very specific purpose. Their blood was tainted, and by consuming it another hero was lost, condemned to a nightmare existence as a violent predator, tormented by the fractured memories of his former life.
    Last edited by Denny; 31-08-2017 at 16:23.

The Cleave-man Browns

The Dead Company
    (Counts as Plague Marines)

Gangrel was not the only brother condemned to darkness. Those who had fallen rose again, infected with the zombie plague and neither dead nor living, the rage tempered but their hunger and hatred unstated.

Though silent these brothers appear to still be intelligent, making use of stealth and cover. However many have taken to the use of corroded and seemingly unstable plasma weaponry, either uncaring of the danger posed or perhaps on some level seeking oblivion from their wretched existence.

Last edited by Denny; 08-08-2017 at 12:27.

The Cleave-man Browns

No love for zombie Space Marines? Tough crowd.

Alright, how about a Zombie Dreadnought?

This chap also came as part of the Deathstorm pack. I'm struggling to think of a name for him (Tim Roberts?), but perhaps he can simply remain a nameless monster. The sarcophagus has been compromised, but that's OK as it makes it much easier for the entombed occupant to eat.

The left arm has begun to fall apart, but something has begun to grow in its place . . . (Counts as power scourge)

Last edited by Denny; 08-08-2017 at 12:28.

The Cleave-man Browns

. . . I really should go back and finish some of my living marines . . .
    Last edited by Denny; 08-08-2017 at 12:28.

The Cleave-man Browns

Hmmm . . . I have picked up 4 Rhinos on ebay real cheap.
    I don't intend at this stage to get any more (unless I see some ultra cheap)

Given my limited resources, do I need to allocate a Rhino to the plague marines?
    I'm guessing they sort of need one to be effective?

What do more experienced Chaos Lords think? Advice please.

The Cleave-man Browns

If you can it would help. Plague marines are infantry still, so to use their plasma weaponry effectively (with a liberal amount of bolter fire added to the mix) it;s bed to get them some protection and speed.

I like the zombies a lot Denny - far better than my own go at Plague Marines from a few years back . How did you create the open sarcophagus?
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

Blood for the Blood God!: My Word Bearers Plog

Quote Originally Posted by blackcherry View Post
    If you can it would help. Plague marines are infantry still, so to use their plasma weaponry effectively (with a liberal amount of bolter fire added to the mix) it's best to get them some protection and speed.?
    Sigh. Figured as much. I had some vague thought of them being objective holders, but Cultists would probably do a better job.
    This sadly means I need to paint an undead tank . . . hmmm . . .

Thanks for the feedback/advice.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcherry View Post
    How did you create the open sarcophagus?
    Clippers.

The chap inside is from Mantic's sci-fi zombies range; he was already modeled shoveling food down his gullet, so its more of a kitbash than a fancy conversion.
    I've also used a few other Sci-fi zombies as squad leaders for my 'regular' zombie mobs.

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-sh...5-figures.html

The Cleave-man Browns

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast