Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Zogoth's try at Bolt Action.

Re: Zogoth's try at Bolt Action.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtn View Post
    Nice Italians! The odd K47 is fine, but if you find yourself posting a majority of it then you should probably think about getting a second plog. :-)
    That would be a pretty sad plog, with only just a handful models, but who knows what future brings.

I found some more pics in my phone so I have material for another update.

Let's start with an artillery-piece, an medium howitzer to be a it more precise.
    This was one of those models that you really look forward to work on, and when you do, it really doesn't live up to your expactations. And it sort of show in the result as well...

Next up is the italian armoured brigade.
    In the foreground an L6/40 light tank which fills the armoured car slot in the platoon
    And in the back is the classic italian M13/40 tank.
    These two was a much more pleasant experience than the artillery.
    And they have still to experience the rigors of the gaming-table so my illusions of their grandiour is still intact.

And now for something completely different....

The Churchill.
    I have always liked the look of this tank. I remember that a friends older brother had built a really nice big model of one of these as a kid, a crocodile, which just was so damn cool.

And now I have a Churchill of my own...it just took some 30+ years

From a gaming perspective this falls into the same category as the german Tiger, just a must have, effective or not. And since I haven't played since early spring this one too is unused. And just really fun to put beside the italian tanks, just because of the size-difference.

[

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 15:25. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Chaplain

It's always great to see Bolt Action players, as gameplay wise it is the best game imo.

Even better is that you do desert armies, something I see very rarely, despite it being a key theatre of the war.

Quote Originally Posted by iamcjb View Post
    It's always great to see Bolt Action players, as gameplay wise it is the best game imo.
    Even better is that you do desert armies, something I see very rarely, despite it being a key theatre of the war.
    I think much of that is because it's early/mid war, not as many big and shiny toys as the later ones

I'm going to make a small update, or rather post some better photos of things that already have appeared.

So here is my italian armour.
    First out my M13/40

And it's followed closely by its smaller friend the L6/40 tankette

They are still undefeated (and unfielded ), but that will hopefully at least change to fielded but undefeated since I have a game or two lined up next month. Going to be my first 2nd ed. games as well, which will be interesting.
    Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 15:29. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Squeeeeeee!

They are so cute. Who are they from? The usual suspects?
    Do you like free wargames?
    http://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/

Good to see more Italians, in the desert no less! Keep up the good fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
    Squeeeeeee!
    They are so cute. Who are they from? The usual suspects?
    If my suspicion of whom you suspect is correct then yes, both the vehicles are from Warlord Games.

Quote Originally Posted by shrubs View Post
    Good to see more Italians, in the desert no less! Keep up the good fight!
    Thanks! The desert is pretty much my favourite theatre so it was pretty obvious to go for that.
    At least until the New Guinea book happens.

Not much progress has happened here since last post. Or at least not when there's painting involved.
    But I have actually played some games, and that was pretty much a year since I played last so that was long overdue to say the least.
    So now my Italians have lost their innocence, with mixed success (as it should be). I really like the way Bolt Action works out, that almost all games are “alive” all the way to the last couple of dice rolls.

Here am I facing the british force with the italians.

A mexican stand-off in the african desert.
    The Recce carrier couldn't hurt the L6/40 but with the huge disadvantage of a pin the L6 refused to listen to orders...

And another game, this time using the desert rules from the Duel in the sun book, and scenario 5 from the same book. This lead to some surprises in the deployment.
    And me controlling the Italians against the British again.

My medium howitzer taking aim at the only building on the table and levelling it to the ground with one lucky round.

To bad I forgot to take some pictures from the last game, as it was simply hillarous. For example both sides airstrikes was flown by inexperianced pilots...with the cost of at least one tank and a number of pins...a handful of fubars as well, great fun.
    Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 15:35. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Banned

Awesome stuff. I also find the Konflict 47 stuff interesting. Especially the German suits.

If tank basing is something your still unsure of I support it and maybe this'll help

Quote Originally Posted by jamesvalentine View Post
    Awesome stuff. I also find the Konflict 47 stuff interesting. Especially the German suits.
    If tank basing is something your still unsure of I support it and maybe this'll help
    Thanks!

I've more or less settled down with not basing my vehicles, I like how they interact with terrain on the table. And the fact that I'm no huge fan of the basing-process itself makes it easier as well.
    But on the other hand, based vehicles looks way better in the cabinet....

K47 have some really nice minis, and if you already play BA then you can start playing right away and just add the things you like at a pace that suits you. My K47 though is most likely to soon grind to a temporary halt, since my main plan is to do forces for both sides of the New Guinea conflict when that book is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogoth View Post
    Thanks!

I've more or less settled down with not basing my vehicles, I like how they interact with terrain on the table. And the fact that I'm no huge fan of the basing-process itself makes it easier as well.
    But on the other hand, based vehicles looks way better in the cabinet....

K47 have some really nice minis, and if you already play BA then you can start playing right away and just add the things you like at a pace that suits you. My K47 though is most likely to soon grind to a temporary halt, since my main plan is to do forces for both sides of the New Guinea conflict when that book is released.
    Why not do both.

Have a display base that you keep in the cabinet and plop the tank on when it's not being used. It'll also help protect your vehicle from some scratches and dings to the underside as well (Along with protect the cabinet as well) since you wouldn't be moving it across it.

Finally something new for this plog.

Quote Originally Posted by SotF View Post
    Why not do both.
    Have a display base that you keep in the cabinet and plop the tank on when it's not being used. It'll also help protect your vehicle from some scratches and dings to the underside as well (Along with protect the cabinet as well) since you wouldn't be moving it across it.
    That would work just fine, if I wasn't so lazy. I'm no big fan of the basing process itself, so I would say that it's not very likely, but the idea itself is not a bad one.

And now on to what's new, a peak into my next BA project. With the New Guinea theatre book looming in the not to distant future and with the release of the first unit from this theatre I couldn't help myself from getting them pretty early and start trying out new paint-schemes and basings. The base on this poor fellow is a bit to basic, need a bit of stuff with some height as well, but it's growing on me none the less.

So my first australian commando.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 15:37. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3