Thread: REDEATH's KHORNE DAEMONKIN log

REDEATH's KHORNE DAEMONKIN log

***UPDATED 12/29/2017*** Found ALL my old pics and added them to the Google Pics album and updated (Added Back) the Photos from this Project and my Death Guard and Night Lords logs

Here is the NEW link to my complete KHORNE DAEMONKIN / World Eaters Plog Pictures Album in Google Photos 73 Pictures and counting...
    https://goo.gl/photos/XR7C9vxY3fG2YxKq7

In a nutshell I love the Age of Sigmar Khorne models and Forge Worlds World Eater models so I am going to take a stab at making a Khorne Daemonkin Army using bits from Normal 40K Khorne Berzerkers, Various ForgeWorld World Eater kits, and the Age of Sigmar Models. I have a really cool concept for my new version of Berzerkers not just AoS models swith bolt guns and CSM backpacks. I am also working on a nice variety of unique Khorne Berzerker heads.

SO here is a rundown on what I have planned / on the bench

Custom Berzerkers like the one in my next post below - ALL my dedicated Khorne Berzerkers will be like this and champions on regular Chaos Space Marines squads with Mark of Khorne will be like this too ...and I will be magnetizing several parts

Regular CSM Khorne Berzerkers - will represent Regular CSM with Mark of Khorne and the Champs will be my custom Khorne Berzerkers

Chaos Space Marine Khorne Lord on a Juggernaught magnetized with various weapon options

Updated w/ new Plastic bits Classic metal Bloodthirster (Not the really old one just the one that was out before the new plastic one) I am using this model with some of the new models plastic bits because its stature is smaller and thus less of a damn target instead of the jumping high up in the air yelling shoot me first.

Flesh hounds!

Khorne Bikers!...Champions in these squads will also get custom treatment.

Khorne Daemonkin Skullkeep/Bastion (Using Dreadhold and 40K Bastion parts to make this happen)

Khorne Daemonkin Dreadnaught/Hellbrute I had a ForgeWorld World Eater Dreadnaught body that I made a custom head for and was using the Classic Metal Chaos Space Marine Dreadnaught legs with it. I am thinking I will ultimately end up making both a Khorneate Dreadnaught and a Hellbrute because I don't want to abandon the work already done with the old model. And I am thinking a maybe a Mhara Gal Tainted Dreadnought model to start with for a Khorne Daemonkin version too....damn I just talked myself into doing ALL 3
    Last edited by REDEATH; 02-01-2018 at 01:18. Reason: added to bench list

Re: REDEATH's KHORNE DAEMONKIN log

Sounds great. Look forward to seeing what you do.

My Berserkers are of the Blood Warriors with Bolt pistols and CSM backpacks added variety, so will be watching with great interest and may steal some of your idea's.
    Life is a game and so is 40k. So stop all the fighting and lets all play.

I am always right about everything. I thought I was wrong once. Turned out I wasn't. Which ment I was wrong about being wrong, so therefore I was right that I was wrong. Proving that I'm always right.

OK so a little later than promised but here is the first preview

Last edited by REDEATH; 29-12-2017 at 22:37.

Ok 5 more....

Last edited by REDEATH; 29-12-2017 at 22:44.

I am going to try and work on some more tonight. I am expecting some more ForgeWorld World Eaters bits this week including some Horus Heresy World Eaters Legion Rampager Squad Bits and more FW CSM WE Conversion Bits...I already have some Red Butchers and FW CSM WE Terminator bits that I will also be using.

Last edited by REDEATH; 29-12-2017 at 22:46.

OK actually received some REAL ForgeWorld World Eaters upgrade bits today and low and behold I now see the quality and size difference between them and some knockoffs from Russia and another knockoff set from China. It seems so far EVERYTHING I have purchased from Russia is poor quality, less detail, and off scale...shrunken smaller than it should be due to either poor mold material that has shrunk after curing or cheap resin that could have also shrunk after casting. So far all the China stuff I have purchased has been hit or miss on the scale with some orders being of the right size and some being smaller (Example in my Night Lords Plog with the Sons of Horus Reaver bodies being off scale and smaller) Here are some pics of what I mean showing some torsos and head examples...

REAL FW World Eater Torso on left Russian or Chinese knockoff on right

REAL FW World Eater Torso on left Russian or Chinese knockoff in middle and Regular GW Khorne Berzerker Torso on right

REAL FW World Eater Head on left Chinese knockoff in middle Russian on right

FW on Left Chinese knockoff on Right

I think I will have to get my Sons of Horus Reaver Bodies from FW
    Last edited by REDEATH; 29-12-2017 at 22:53.

Ok now here is the latest pic of the Berzerker....I used my Dremel to grind down the abdomen more to get it closer to scale and used te REAL FW Head

Last edited by REDEATH; 29-12-2017 at 22:56.

Very "Berzerker" looking with the bare chest. Fits the Khorne style. Damn chest armor just gets in the way!

On an editorial note (I apologize in advance), I'm all for saving some money, but not a fan of Chinese or Russian knock off's. The genuine ones just look better anyways.

Ok, back on topic. Great ideas here. I think you could really put together a good looking Khorne army with your conversions.

Thatīs a tipical problem with the knockoff, and also happen with the housemade.

On the other side, the models looks amazing

Commander

Lovely stuff

-joeingtons

Working on at least one (maybe more if I have time) new Khornate Helmet Crest to put on a ForgeWorld CSM World Eater Head similar to the first one I did (Which I will be removing that crest to replace it on a REAL FW Head since the other stuff is off scale and too small.

The bezerker looks cool, nice conversion. I look forward to seeing more.

Also, interesting to see the difference between genuine and knockoffs.

Yeah I am going to have to start magnetizing kits again to sell on ebay to get some funds to buy more GENUINE FW parts since I will need more World Eater stuff and I also need some Horus Heresy Sons of Horus Reaver Bodies for my Night Lords Conversions.

I did not get what I wanted to get done the other night...Wife Agro. But I am hoping to have a total of 3 Custom Berzerkers done by the end of the weekend. I also have (3) bits orders coming in today World Eaters Rampager Squad, Plastic Skarbrand and Bloodthirster Bits (for my Metal Bloodthirster that I am refreshing with bits from the new one), and my Dreadhold Skullkeep that I am going to use with a 40K Bastion kit to make my Khorne Daemonkin Bastion.

I updated my first post with the bench list of planned stuff for this plog....added Skullkeep/Bastion and Khorne Daemonkin Dreadnaught/Hellbrute.

Some more Heads that will be chopped up for their Khornate Crests and two more torsos I am working with

Last edited by REDEATH; 29-12-2017 at 22:59.

Wow it's already been a year and I basically stopped working on stuff BUT the new Traitor Legions codex has got me itching to start up again. I have been working on fixing up my work area to start up again first up I want to finish up my "Kustom" Berserker heads and then complete the one model in my posts here then move on to making my Khorne Berzerker Lord on a juggernaught and then Berzerker bikers the only thing that will halt my progress is the release of new DEATH GUARD / plague marine models that are rumored to be coming out early 2017�� Since Death Guard is my main army

But here is some more Pics of my custom Berzerker

Last edited by REDEATH; 29-12-2017 at 23:02.

***photobucket JACKED everyone's photos I am in the process of switching to Google to host my photos***

Warseer and many sites that I read and look at are getting hit with Photobuckets new policy to get money from Bloggers and other people storing their images with Photobucket. They want bloggers to pay $400 a year for what they used to do, and many other companies do for free.

You can very much bet that just about all of the sites hit by this will leave photobucket for good. I know I will never use it again I am in the slow process of digging up all my pics and getting them into my Google Album to re-post them in my plogs.

Ok some people have been PMing me about my moving to Google Photos and asking how to embed the pics here in Warseer so there is my attempt as explaining How To:

Create the New Album in Google Photos
    1. Then ADD Photos to album... on the top right when you do that you have the option to "Add Photos" then after you click that then again in the top right is the option "Select from computer" you choose that to upload any pics you have on your computer ( ex I downloaded all my old Photo Bucket Albums from PB and I am now in the process of making the albums on Google Photo so I am uploading the pics from the downloaded PB albums <after I unzipped them of course>).
    2. Then to embed individual pics in your Warseer Plog just open the photo in your Google Photos album and then right click on the photo and select "Copy Image Address"
    3. Then in your Warseer Post Select "Insert Image"
    4. Then in the Insert Image window Click on the "From URL" Tab and paste the link in the URL box and make sure you UNCHECK "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"
    5. Then click on OK and Post your reply then smile as your pic is now in your post

Ok I finally got off my ass and updated (Added Back) the Photos from this Project and my Death Guard and Night Lords logs

Here is some new pics (Or old pics I never poseted ) of my World Eaters Dreadnought....can you guess where I got that head from??

Was going to use this with the FW Dread Head but it arrived broken

Last edited by REDEATH; 31-12-2017 at 04:35.

An Old School touch is always wellcome