Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lost Egg's 2016 Plog

Lost Egg's 2016 Plog

Welcome to 2016

...well...a month early...but its my birthday tomorrow and I have a new load of minis incoming so thought I might as well kick things off early. Pics will follow of whats going to be coming up, as well as some sort of plan(ish) but for now here's a few minis I painted up in 2015 just to whet your appetites...

Last edited by Lost Egg; 03-01-2016 at 21:07.

Re: Lost Egg's 2016 Plog

Da Plan
    So yeah...I have been struggling with motivation for the hobby the last year so I thought I'd start a new plog and set myself a some targets.

Sci Fi Settlement - I've a load of mdf buildings from Zen Terrain plus a load of Mantic's battlefield accessories and...some...other stuff...

Woods & Lost Temple - A couple of GWs characterful Woods and an Arcane Ruins set

Betrayal at Calth - I'm painting these guys up as my own chapter The Wolves of Lucan...yep...definitely not Space Wolves...

Dire Avenger Squad - My marines need someone to shoot at! These might get built up to a small 500pt force...maybe...

RelicBlade - A cool looking new game...Heroes vs. Pig Men...whats not to like!

Finally and completely un-hobby related, I really need to make a new wooden sword for my martial arts practice and finish a bronze age sword I started a few years ago. If anyone is interested I might pop the odd photo or two up for your purusal.
    Last edited by Lost Egg; 19-01-2016 at 08:59.

So...5 days since my birthday and my little windfall of hobby goodness, I guess it must be update time Behold my Zen village!

The Zen terrain is great; I got a barracks, a military outpost (I left the rails off the top level) and a set of 3 hab buildings that can be stacked in 2s or 3s (you could stack more if you wanted), see the middle building in the top pic.

I've already undercoated the habs and am going to start painting those tonight.

Can't wait to see some paint on those buildings. I'm curious to see how the laser-cut boards paint up.

And that Viking is my kind of woman.

Thanks Lord Dan Your wish is my command!

Two of the posters are not films but from a game called Total Extinction that has floundered in the KS. I was one of the lucky ones to have received my minis.

I'm happy with how these have turned out. I've been trying for a while to build a half decent settlement and it always ends up looking naff but these buildings are cool. The kits are good and fairly easy to put together. The only little niggle is the steps for the 3 habs don't take a base larger than 25mm (apart from the bottom step) but thats a small thing really. I'd definitely recommend Zen Terrain. Oh yeah, its a bit of a squeeze to stack the 3 ha buildings now they've been painted but I'm not bothered about that as I never wanted to anyway.

I made up the posters a while ago and have an A4 sheet. I did film at Uni so thought I'd go with that as a theme for my settlement.

There are some more pics in my Photobucket account, if anyone is interested...(its being awkward at the mo so can't upload more)
    Last edited by Lost Egg; 02-01-2016 at 07:26.

Another batch of fungi ready for paint (will be a few weeks for that) and a shiny new Engu shipbuilder, just finished his training...

I'm just going to finish building & painting the terrain Mrs Egg got me for my birthday then the ship builder is going to see some paint

Those are cool!! Looking forward to seeing paint on them!
    The Tabletop Showcase - A new forum dedicated solely to Project Logs and Showcases - Join us now!

The Daniel36 Chronicles - My Project Log
    My Warseer Heroes : JuicyTomatoes - Emperor Norton - Harry - Lord Dan - Ramius4 - Naitsabes - Little Joe - Boreas_NL
    (in no particular order)

Cheers I should be starting the ship builder tomorrow night then maybe the fungi after, unless if my new tube of poly cement turns up.

In the mean time I have just finished a bit of scatter terrain for my Sci-Fi settlement...

These bits are all from Mantic, an Battlefield accessory sprue. Nice an easy to put together they should help to break up lines of fire. I fancy adding a vehicle at some point but not really found one that stands out for me yet.

Quick Update...I've finished the Ship Builder and his little collection of fungi...in case he gets hungry I suppose

Looking even better painted!
    The Tabletop Showcase - A new forum dedicated solely to Project Logs and Showcases - Join us now!

My Warseer Heroes : JuicyTomatoes - Emperor Norton - Harry - Lord Dan - Ramius4 - Naitsabes - Little Joe - Boreas_NL
    (in no particular order)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Egg View Post

Two of the posters are not films but from a game called Total Extinction that has floundered in the KS. I was one of the lucky ones to have received my minis.

I'm happy with how these have turned out. I've been trying for a while to build a half decent settlement and it always ends up looking naff but these buildings are cool. The kits are good and fairly easy to put together. The only little niggle is the steps for the 3 habs don't take a base larger than 25mm (apart from the bottom step) but thats a small thing really. I'd definitely recommend Zen Terrain. Oh yeah, its a bit of a squeeze to stack the 3 ha buildings now they've been painted but I'm not bothered about that as I never wanted to anyway.

I made up the posters a while ago and have an A4 sheet. I did film at Uni so thought I'd go with that as a theme for my settlement.

There are some more pics in my Photobucket account, if anyone is interested...(its being awkward at the mo so can't upload more)
    Love your work, but I have to say that is a cracking selection of films!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Egg View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel36 View Post
    Looking even better painted!
    Quote Originally Posted by OPULENCE View Post
    Cheers Guys

I am on a bit of a terrain binge at the mo so will try and get some better pics taken when I've finished.

Great films Opulence...I may have to build a cinema at some point

I've finished my Arcane Ruins set to make up a Lost Temple...

This didn't take as long as I thought it might to put it together. I was going to build three arches for the temple but it would have made moving minis around inside it a bit of a pain so I left one ruined. The mini running around inside is a Questing Knight from Relicblade, a cool looking skirmish game that coming to KS next month.

I'm undercoating this lot to start painting tonight but in the mean time, once Ive got my daughter to sleep, I will build up the first two Pig Men for my Knight to lock blades with then I can crack out the Quick Start guide and get rolling.

I've decided to set myself a little challenge...by the end of March I want to finish my Lost Temple, 2 Citadel Woods, 4 Shipping Containers and a (to be converted) space ship...this will mean all the terrain I have planned will be done (well, except for a Engu settlement but that can wait for now). Hopefully I will get the first 3 minis of my Relicblade starter set finished too. Then I can start on my marines...
    Last edited by Lost Egg; 19-01-2016 at 10:42.

I really like the Mushrooms.
    Do you like free wargames?
    http://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/

Cheers Easy E

The Lost Temple has paint, unlike the knight wandering through it

I forgot to check the height of this before attaching the obelisk...it doesn't fit in my terrain boxes, bugger. I was a little tempted to saw it down or something but sod it, I'll leave it as is. I tried to make it look a little overgrown and flocked out the massive skull on the floor. I had intended to slap some of my Calth transfers on it but for the life of me I can't find them; I was thinking of the Word Bearer text transfers. Oh well, would probably have looked a bit naff anyway.

I'll start on that knight 2night
    Last edited by Lost Egg; 23-01-2016 at 21:21.

That is extremely pretty!!! Love the mossy effect.

(in no particular order)

Afraid the moss looks too grassy for my liking, old-skool flock might've looked more the part, but that's only a minor detractor from a very nice set of ruins
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

Unwanted Forays into Mordheim! Orcs in da ruins!

Thanks guys. Yeah your probably right unwanted but didn't have any to hand.

I am both pleased and a little disappointed with the ruins set, in terms of its design; part of me would be happier if I had just made my own as it does feel a little cramped. I've been building up a couple of Citadel woods sets and they are worse. While very characterful the fitting of the parts is awful and gap filling is a real pain with the branches everywhere...in the end I just did minimal filling and will choose a dark brown to hide it. It's a shame as I was tempted to get maybe 2 or 3 more sets but now I will probably forget it. Still they are built up and I will hopefully start painting them tomorrow.

...in the mean time I finished my Questing Knight for Relicblade.

The pics are a little bleached but OK. I went with a fairly natural colour palette as this guy wanders about ruined cities searching for relics and hacking down pig men. Speaking of which, I've got the first two pig men made up and will hopefully splash some paint on them after the woods.

Before I sign off I'd just like to say that Relicblade is currently at Kickstarter; the game looks fun (have read the rules but not actually played yet), the sculpts are great so check it out!

Man, I love the paint job on that Questing Knight. And that ruins set works really well for the setting!

That's a great selection of mini posters too. There are a lot of good ones, but the 12 monkey stencil is one of my favorites.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast