Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lost Egg's 2016 Plog

Re: Lost Egg's 2016 Plog

Thanks MrSean I should have a couple of woods finished and posted in the next couple of days too, with the hills and rocks that will make for a pretty dense 2ftsq game board

Yay! The Lost Woods are done!

No idea why but these feel like they have taken aaagggeeesss to finish. The mini for scale is a Relicblade Questing Knight (check out the KS campaign here, its worth jumping in on!).

Loving the paintjob on the Questing Knight.

Terrain is hard work. It's easy to dismiss it as 'oh just terrain' but it makes all the difference.
    "Alea Iacta Est"
    Seutonius

Cheers

I know what you mean, I've tried to stick to a simple colour scheme across the board for terrain. I wasn't aiming to do anything fancy just a solid job so it kinda just vanishes, if you know what I mean.

Chapter Master Whitwort Stormbringer's Avatar

Nice job on that Questing Knight! I've got my Relicblade starter built, just need to paint them up (sadly won't happen too soon, as I've got other painting projects that I need to finish for a con at the end of May). They are definitely some cool minis, looking forward to your pig men!
    The great thing about the dwarves is that, even though there's this comic element, when they fight - they really fight!

My infrequently updated nerd blog.

Thanks Stormbringer Hopefully I can get to them soon...

Right, my cargo containers are done...

I had intended to take a pic before painting but forgot, doh! These are from Zen Terrain and went together with little problem. To my mind the card body is a little too loose when nestled into the MDF end and supports but they look good.

I have also dug out a rather battered Gorkamorka Buggy-Truck-Thingy I got from eBay a while ago...

I've carved off the drivers hands from the stick and added some cargo and a boot rail to stop them falling out but really this is another bit of terrain for my little sci-fi settlement. It's going to get a dirty paint job then I can start on the final bit of sci-fi terrain...just a little(ish) something...

The truck is done, that didn't take long

A fast & speedy paint job that should see it blend in well with the rest of the settlement; I will have to dig it all out and pop it on my board at some point but first I need to finish this bad boy!

Yep, it's Thunderbird 2 I've no plans on using this as anything other than terrain. I've had the toy for aaagggeeesss but have never gotten around to sorting it out and painting it up. It turned out to be surprisingly easy to get ready for painting; I had to unscrew it all to remove the legs, buttons and other bits I didn't want, then glued it together before finally stuffing a load of Milliput into it to fill gaps and poked in some Tau Devilfish landing gear as well as some baby food satchet tops (to give the plain engines a little more interest). All in all, I'm happy with it and will be undercoating it tonight then I can start painting tomorrow...not quite sure on colours yet though.

Just before deadline I managed to get the ship finished...

I was originally planning on adding a coloured stripe down the side and transfers but nothing quite clicked for me so in the end I went with a basic colour scheme, at least as terrain, it won't distract from the forces fighting around it. I will take some pics with the rest of the terrain at some point but first I need to paint up my marines...

That certainly adds to the city terrain, now give s a group shot
    my general project thread

[2018] painted: 5, added to my collection: 4

Thankies Little Joe...will do...at some point...soon...ish

Update time, behold some (just a little) Relicblade goodness...

My Questing Knight finally has someone to slice and dice with his sword! These two Pig Men are the first of 7 though I have another 6 coming next month(ish). I also still have some heres to help out but for now the knight is going alone as I've already started building up the next 2 piggies.

An invisible cookie goes to anyone who can guess where I got my colour scheme from for the Pig Men...

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Egg View Post
    An invisible cookie goes to anyone who can guess where I got my colour scheme from for the Pig Men...
    Moblins! They must be Moblins (and the knight's green tunic can't be a coincidenc...). Love your pigmen, great job!
    The great thing about the dwarves is that, even though there's this comic element, when they fight - they really fight!

Oooo...so close...I was thinking of the main (pig)man himself Ganon!

The choice of green was a coincidence actually...though I have been looking out for a Link stand-in mini if anyone has any ideas

I wasn't sure what mobiles were so I googled and chuckled when saw you got the right game and thanks to you Stormbringer I found this gem...it looks terrible...but in a fun way...I hope

I'm looking forward to seeing all of this terrain on a table. Looks good.
    Do you like free wargames?
    http://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Egg View Post
    Oooo...so close...I was thinking of the main (pig)man himself Ganon!

The choice of green was a coincidence actually...though I have been looking out for a Link stand-in mini if anyone has any ideas

I wasn't sure what mobiles were so I googled and chuckled when saw you got the right game and thanks to you Stormbringer I found this gem...it looks terrible...but in a fun way...I hope
    Oh wow, does that bring back some memories! Pretty funny stuff.

For Link, I wonder if some of the old GW wood elves might be a good start, although I bet you'll have to greenstuff the hat, at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing all of this terrain on a table. Looks good.
    Me too Soon(ish)...

Quote Originally Posted by Whitwort Stormbringer View Post
    Oh wow, does that bring back some memories! Pretty funny stuff.

For Link, I wonder if some of the old GW wood elves might be a good start, although I bet you'll have to greenstuff the hat, at the very least.
    I had thought of that but just seemed like too much of a pain...maybe I'm just being lazy One day I might have a go at sculpting him but I'm a tad short for time.

In the mean time here be the next pair of Piggies...

Nice work on those pigmen.
    I just looked up relic blade, they do some nice minis. Though there are not that many at the moment, I hope they increase their range.

The closest Link model I can think of is this http://orig13.deviantart.net/0826/f/...en-d67xnig.jpg
    That's if you don't mind the chibi style.

Anyway keep up the good work.
    Check out my log of random things here.
    Currently painting Iyanden Eldar

Thanks BoyMilla

Yeah, its a small range but plans are afoot to expand it; the recent KS got an extra hero (Thief) and an extra villain or two (Dark Watcher & Dark Wanderer) plus the box and a mini for the Relic. I expect that this range is gunna grow and grow, hopefully once the boxed game is up for sale it will attract a UK / European distributor.

I can see that Link stand-in working though I'm not a massive fan of the Chibi style.

There used to be a guy on shapeways that sold prints of game renders from various games, and he had a Link up there, but now I can't find the model :/ You might still consider scrolling through there, though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast