Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Age of Sigmar Tale of Painters month 5 (Dec completed & Jan WiP)

Brother Sergeant

Re: Age of Sigmar Tale of Painters month 5 (Dec completed & Jan WiP)

I've got a 'jam' on my painting table right now with two Stegadons, but I did manage to get some more Warscrolls done for the Seraphon (technically, three Warscrolls, but they were really low hanging fruit!).

An Astrolith Bearer:

And a Razordon with Handlers (two Warscrolls!):
    40k and Age of Sigmar Blog - A Tabletop Gamer's Diary: https://ttgamingdiary.wordpress.com/

Mongoose Publishing: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/

Slerebirth-such a better color scheme than gws. I especially like the effect near the lantern. Makes me wonder what it would be like if you used the same effect on the wing comets.

Dunk- I love it that each spider is individually colored. Adds so much more character to the unit. These made me pick different color schemes for my nurglings!

Altsain- so many models. I am amazed by how quickly yo get these done while maintaining quality. I also like that the smaller seraphim have a different skin tone than the lager and the scale work on the big Dino.

Spiney Norman. Nice work all around. What shade did you use for the red? I personally have been using the blue shade then rehilghighting after. Also what is your top highlight color?

Darth Alec- the grey scheme works wonderfully. Nice line work on the edge highlighting for th armor also the faces seem phenomenal..
    More later

finally found some time to post my update.

Cult of Slaanesh

MONTHLY TOTAL: 1/1
    GRAND TOTAL: 3/10

THEME: Slaaneshi followers led by Thalion, a high elf prince who tried to reach daemonhood in order to survive the end times.

CONVERSION:
    The cultist is based on a phoenix guard, with a dark eldar arm and harlequin mask. I got the idea for masked and robed cultist from harry potter concept art for the death-eaters (not a Potter fan, but really like this concept art). The hair and ears are sculpted with green stuff.

PAINTING: I'm constantly figuring out how to balance light and dark, to represent a high elf Slaaneshi cult. I'm pretty happy with the monochrome schem of black and white with gold and silver armour and just a few purple details to link the models to Slaanesh. This model was a joy to paint because of the cape, I really like painting large pieces of cloth.

HIGHS: pretty happy with the conversion. I think I'm making progress with my green stuff sculpting skills. I think the model looks pretty menacing in a very understated way.

LOWS: I'm not happy with the freehand on the cloak. although it isn't bad, it's not great either. I now feel like the pattern would be more suited for a bretonnian, it's very baroque. Althoug I feel like baroque/Rococo patterns suit Slaanesh, I think it's more for human followers. Elven 'style' is more like art-nouveau. So I'm thinking about how would an art-nouveau decorative pattern look if taken into excess... I'll probably re-paint the cloak and re-design the pattern.

PICS:

WORK IN PROGRESS:
    I've started painting my Keeper of secrets, but I won't be able to finish him this month, I really want to take my time with him. So I also started painting a Sorceress. She'll join Thalion's cult when the Druchii land on Ulthuan. with the paint-job so far I've figured out how to balance light and dark with this classic model, but it needs a lot more detailing and cleaning up.

Check out my high elves and cult of Slaanesh

Brother Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Versatilebeats View Post
    Altsain- so many models. I am amazed by how quickly yo get these done while maintaining quality. I also like that the smaller seraphim have a different skin tone than the lager and the scale work on the big Dino.
    Cheers! Managed to get two more Warscrolls completed last night - a couple of Stegadons!

40k and Age of Sigmar Blog - A Tabletop Gamer's Diary: https://ttgamingdiary.wordpress.com/

Here's this months comments. Been slow out the gate, but so has everyone else

SlyRebirth:
    Your colour scheme is nice. The silver metal armour makes them look so much less like goldylocks What sort of gold do you paint with?

Dunk:
    Colours! The spiders really look poisonous with all those colours on them. Really like the variety.

Altsain:
    You're just a painting machine, aren't you? Making the rest of us look like slackers, you are! It's a bit far from the models, but they look really nice and unified. That scheme really brings out the celestial in the Seraphon.

I love the pale-and-purple bastiladon. Though I can't help but feel that a more contrasting colour on the gem would have made this model pop!

Three monsters in a month. You are crazy. But freaking amazing. The Stegadons are cool, and look great on ovals.

Your table is also really nice. Wish I had one like that.

Spiney Norman:
    It may only be three model, but what a collection of models it is! Bloodthirster is looking ace. Gotta love an axe bigger than most heroes. The base is a little sparse though... With such a huge model and base, it looks like he's charging over a salt plain.

Glad you kept the spine-hair piece on the Bloodsecretor. Probably my favorite bit in all of chaos. Threx looks lovely.

The skin on your Khorgorath is very nice. Though for some reason it draws my eyes to its ass

booah:
    Another super productive guy. And it all looks so lovely too. I'm starting to feel like a really slow painter

Your wood elves are pretty. They look like they would be amazing on the tabletop.

Purple Night Goblins! The green pops like a world pimple in your scheme. Very eyecatching. Your army really radiates character.

Shadowmancer:
    If you're trying for dirty, I think you nailed it. The banner swap works as well. Maybe you could try to take some more focused pictures, as it's a little hard to see.

Gorthor21:
    Your army is looking fierce! I can definitely see these guys marching to war in all their austentatious glory. And they are a lot cleaner than your first templars. Showing some real improvement here.

Versatilebeats
    Your modeling and painting is still top notch. Those beasts are sickening! Your butcher is nice, though I'm not sure if the green hair works. It looks like he coloured it to annoy his parents

Roostmanuva:
    That is a great-looking goblin. Love teh personality. Giving him a red nose is a great little detail

Mr Feral:
    You're continueing with the filthiest Skaven on Warseer. Love them. Shame about forcing yourself to finish the non-gunner. They both look disgustingly good. The conversion is really smooth.

Elfhead:
    Another characterful conversion. Simple, but really looks like he could be a cultist. So easy to give him backstory! Your painting does him justice as well. Though I see your point about the cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Versatilebeats
    Darth Alec- the grey scheme works wonderfully. Nice line work on the edge highlighting for th armor also the faces seem phenomenal..
    Thanks a lot! Somehow I stumbled unto a great scheme for vampire faces. A simple wash and a really, really small brush is the secret.

Brother Sergeant

This might annoy anyone who has had to play Jokers but... another four Warscrolls done this month

I have sort of 'finished' my Beastmen force (just in time to resume the Realm of Life campaign this year), starting with some hard-hitting Minotaurs:

Some Bestigors (love these guys):

Some regular Gors (I have a 'spare' command group for them that was painted up late last year):

And a small unit of Ungors, destined to get torn apart in every battle...

boah Another painting machine like Altsain I love the purple and green
    Shadowmancer your skaven is dirty I think I may be infected just by looking at him. Great job
    Gothor21 fearsome looking army. Digging the purple storm casts

Roostmanuva how did you do your skin color for the goblin? I'm still looking for the skin color to do my plaguebearers in and that comes close to what I have in mind.

Mr feral love the glowing green really offsets the muted colors of the Rogres

Elfhead I personally think the freehand on the cloak is awesome. If you want it more Ellen inlay it with gold. I think the design itself fits

Darth Alec on the butcher I was watching the avengers age of ultranationalist while painting him. He is less ogre butcher and more reverse hulk. I've had him along time a long time just sitting there and needed a break from my normal style. He turned out quite well imo even if a bit comic booky.

360 pics of ogre

Last edited by Versatilebeats; 26-01-2016 at 13:07. Reason: Add pics

Brother Sergeant

Another two Warscrolls done last night. No big deal.

Finally got around to a group of Treekin, in preparation for the battle in the Athelwyrd. Can't take the credit for the conversion work, these were an eBay purchase, and they were dead simple to paint.

And another unit of Liberators, partly to bump up the number of Stormcasts I have (the Chaos forces keep growing, and Sigmar's warriors need to keep pace!) and partly so I now have all the weapon variations possible for Liberators.

Hi guys, I expect most of you are aware but Warseer has been down for the better part of the last month. What I am planning to do is put the Feb completed thread up at the normal time (1st March) and encourage everyone to post their completed work from Jan and Feb together. That gives us a week or so to get our bearings and allow people to drift back to the site.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone has done with all that extra spare Warseer time over the last 3 weeks or so
    Quote Originally Posted by Konovalev View Post
    Warseer's Warhammer General has become like a nerdy Jerry Springer. It's quite entertaining.
    Calling all AoS fans, please consider joining Warseer's first Age of Sigmar Tale of Painters

sounds like a solid plan Spiney. Alas I haven't spend a second paining this month...
    Check out my high elves and cult of Slaanesh

I'm glad to see Warseer back and the Tale still going. I can't wait to see what progress everyone has made in the hiatus.

This plog is one of the reasons i still visit Warseer, cant wait to see what everyone has worked on!
    Marius Stormwrought

Lord-Celestant of The Stormwrought, Warrior Chamber of the Astral Avengers Stormhost

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marius View Post
    This plog is one of the reasons i still visit Warseer, cant wait to see what everyone has worked on!
    Well let's just say what my entry for Jan/Feb lacks in quantity it makes up for in size
    Quote Originally Posted by Konovalev View Post
    Warseer's Warhammer General has become like a nerdy Jerry Springer. It's quite entertaining.
    Calling all AoS fans, please consider joining Warseer's first Age of Sigmar Tale of Painters

Chaplain

I'm out of this tale.

It's all about 40k at the moment.
    Have started on a Path to Glory campaign, where I got stuff that needs paint.
    On top of that I also started collecting Khorne Deamonkin

Keep up the good work guys!

EDIT: Will stay in the tale after all :P
    Last edited by Dunk; 07-03-2016 at 01:35.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2