Thread: Tale of Board Game Painters 2015-2016 Month 5+6: Jan-Feb Complete & March WIP

Tale of Board Game Painters 2015-2016 Month 5+6: Jan-Feb Complete & March WIP

There seems to have been a general drop in activity on WarSeer since the downtime a few weeks ago, but I hope some of us are still around to continue the Tale of Board Game Painters. Since HereBeDragons (who usually puts these up) has not done so yet I'll step in for now and create a thread for January and February + March WIP. I hope I've gotten everything right.

************************************************** ************************************************** ***************************
    Tale of Board Game Painters 2015-2016

Detailed description on what is going on here
    You can sign up whenever in any progress/WIP thread of the tale!

Painters in this Tale - Game - <#of month's batches painted>/<#of jokers played>
    HereBeDragons - SDE: Caverns of Roxor, SDE: Von Drakk Manor - 4/0
    Daemonslave - WHQ - 3/1
    EmperorNorton - Blood Rage and others - 4/0
    Naryzhud - Zombicide S2/3 - 2/2
    CrayolaSmoker - Star Wars: Imperial Assault, Mice & Mystics - 0/4
    CoveringFire - Space Hulk, Assassinorum: Execution Force - 4/0
    Aku-chan - Kingdom Death: Monster - 3/1
    MLP - Myth - 1/3
    Anzacaine - Puppet Wars: Unstitched - 0/4
    Great horned owl - WFRP/D&D - 3/1
    Boy Milla - SDE - 1/3
    Makure - Dreadball - 1/3
    Rusty Wintertooth - WHQ - 1/3
    Fitzbaron - Heroquest - 0/4
    Roostmanuva - Super Dungeon Explore - 4/0
    chrismisterx - Arcadia Quest - 0/4
    meet.the.doctor - Talisman expansions - 0/4
    ColShaw - Descent 2nd Edition, Battle Masters - 3/0 (Started Month 2)

Finished Board Games this tale:
    ColShaw - Descent 2nd Edition - 39 miniatures
    Covering Fire - Assassinorum: Execution Force - 24 miniatures

Let me know right away if I'm forgetting something in this list. It's important to get the credit you're due.

In this thread we post finished photos of last month's work. After a while of that we start posting constructive comments on each other's work and some WIP photos of what we're doing this month.

Don't forget you can still sign up anytime!

Happy Painting!

Re: Tale of Board Game Painters 2015-2016 Month 5+6: Jan-Feb Complete & March WIP

I've managed to finish off Assassinorum: Execution Force! It was hard work, but I'm happy with the end result!

Group shots:

The finished Sorcerer:

The Assassins close in for the kill:

I decided to make a foam insert for the box from an old carry case so that I could safely store the models inside the box. It was a bit hard to get the Sorcerer to fit, but it worked out.

Re: Tale of Board Game Painters 2015-2016 Month 5+6: Jan-Feb Complete & March WIP

Okay, copied over from the previous topic, here's what I've done the last 2 months. Lots of classic 1993-vintage models for BattleMasters; I'm over halfway done!

First off, the Chaos Archers. On reflection, the orange hair might be a little much, but the models are so very '80s punk, I thought something wild was called for.

Then, their Chaos Warrior buddies. For these, the decals weren't doing it for me, so I decided to use some other transfers I had lying around. Specifically, some Night Lords Chaos Marine transfers. I painted them in Night Lords colors, too, and am pretty happy with the result.

Next up, we've got the Wolf Riders. They have transplanted Night Goblin arms, since all their original spears had been bent and broken. These also needed decal replacement, which was in this case fulfilled by Space Wolves transfers. In hindsight, I should've painted the wolves in different fur patterns. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to glue and buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by FraustyTheSnowman View Post
    Anything else I have to say has already been said by Col Shaw...listen to the lego man, he's wise.
    "Ember of Dreams"
    http://www.amazon.com/Ember-Dreams-C...0408773&sr=1-1

And then the Goblins. For some reason, my wife and I both just love these little guys, with their mischievous grins. They look so... happy. I'm also a fan of the orange skin, which I think goes well with the brown clothes and bronze armor. I just can't paint Goblins green... sometimes I do them white, sometimes other colors. Decal replacement here was some Salamanders Space Marine and (very old) Undead transfers.

How can you not love this face?

Speaking of disturbingly-happy monsters, here are the Beastmen. Until I painted them, I hadn't realized they were all grinning like Norman Bates. These have the original decals.

Smile!

Last (and least) I also did the hedges, so all the terrain from the set is now complete.
    Anything else I have to say has already been said by Col Shaw...listen to the lego man, he's wise.
    "Ember of Dreams"

I wasn't sure if this thread (or Warseer itself) was coming back so I haven't really been working on my stuff with deadlines in mind.

I did do a set of Lion Armoured Survivors for January:-

I kept them simple to get them done, but I may have kept them too simple.

I've also been finishing off my Phoenix, it's all painted but I'm waiting on some skulls to finish the base:-

I'm in the middle of doing other minis, so I'm not sure I'll get anything done for March.

I did get some SDE stuff painted over the last couple of weeks:

2012 Minis bought: 363 - - Minis painted: 373
    2013 Minis bought: 1060 - - Minis painted: 210
    2014 Minis bought: 651 - - Minis painted: 63
    2015 Minis bought: 1057 - - Minis painted: 105 - - Sold: 556
    2016 Minis bought: 386 - - Minis painted: 8 - - Sold: 332

Not much from me this time, have spent more time on age of Sigmar as this is what we are enjoying playing at the moment. I did paint this a little while back though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veteran Sergeant Great horned owl's Avatar

At some point I thought that Warseer was lost in The Void forever, and I stopped checking if it was still down.
    I'm glad to see that I was wrong.

So I'm back on board and I'll paint a few Squigs this month.
    Owl can spell his name ("Wol") and the word "Tuesday" (so that you know it isn't Wednesday). He can also read, although only if no-one is looking over his shoulder.
    (From The house at Pooh corner)

I guess it's Comment time!

Covering Fire: I really like the shade of red you've got on the Chaos models, and overall, excellent work!

Aku-chan: That Phoenix gives me the creeps. In a (mostly) good way. I don't think I'd want that on my painting table, watching me...

Emperor Norton: Good, clean paintjobs. For some reason, the leaf-loincloth on the treeman makes me smile. And I like the purple werebear.

Roostmanuva: Cute little ninja-dude!
    "Ember of Dreams"

Comments!

ColShaw: Great work! That's quite a lot of stuff finished! The Night Lord colours on the Chaos warriors work really well! I like your choice of colours overall, but non-green Goblins feels strange to me! I agree that the Beastmen look far too happy...in a scary way!

aku-chan: Nice set of minis, and good work on the fur! I agree that the Phoenix looks creepy!

EmperorNorton: Nice crisp colours on these! The green gem on the purple guy's belt looks really good!

Roostmanuva: Great combo of black and red. Looks really striking!

@ColShaw: Thanks, it's the old GW colour Red Gore (still got a few pots around!).

I'm returning to work on my Space Hulk set this month. I'm hoping to finish these three Terminators before the end of the month: