Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Mechanicus Player.

Re: New Mechanicus Player.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Do you guys recommend Nova cannons on these ad mech cruisers?

That depends. Does your gaming group use any houserules on nova cannon fielding? A common one is no more than 1 per 500pts.

If that's the case and you're going to use admech as reserves, than Dominators are simply going to be more cost effective for filling your NC limit.

If you don't want any nova cannon otherwise, than an admech cruiser is a good spot for your one of them, as the dorsal lance can offer more backup than any of the IN line cruisers at long ranges.

On the other hand, with higher ld than the IN vessels, an admech ship would be a bit better at reloading torpedoes, plus they have standard access to special torpedoes as an upgrade (cost the same as the NC upgrade, if I remember right).

Also, do you find yourself in a lot of close range brawls, or trying to catch highly evasive enemies? In either of those cases, torpedoes are infinitely more likely to come in handy than NCs with their inability to fire on some special orders and their minimum range. NC's are however great against slow long range enemies like Tau.

Sorry that this isn't a definitive answer.
    Awesome. Awesome to the head.

Do you wish to Forge the narrative? Don't care about rules? Building and converting are your thing? One company's got you covered: LEGO

No it was a good answer. I only really play my buddy and he has orks. However I think I have plenty of Nova's with my other ships. I guess if I ever get lucky enough to find more ad mech I'll worry about it then.

Nova Cannon are more of a psychological weapon then anything else. Torpedoes are much more reliable in a consistent way.
    WARP RIFT - The Battlefleet Gothic online fanzine.
    Available for download here:
    http://www.tacticalwargames.net/arch...mag/index.html

GothiComp Hall of Fame

Horizon's New Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2