Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Minis all over the place,.

Re: Minis all over the place,.

New to this thread. Those old marines bring back memories. Love what youve done with them. Its so cool that you can mix new kits and old ones and still make the army work. Great job ^^
    / SDKFZ

I'm my own chapter that I call the Imperial Eagles (Standard Codex), and I have minis from many different editions and from many different manufacturers. You have minis that are older than anything I have. http://s234.photobucket.com/user/Tre...?sort=3&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by SDKFZ View Post
    New to this thread. Those old marines bring back memories. Love what youve done with them. Its so cool that you can mix new kits and old ones and still make the army work. Great job ^^
    Thanks! I like the older feel they have so most of the stuff is old. For the moment only newer stuff is the Sicaran and one colour scheme tester marine, but I'l propably add other new stuff aswell, eventually.

Speaking of, here's a closer pic of the Sicaran:

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Shield View Post
    I'm my own chapter that I call the Imperial Eagles (Standard Codex), and I have minis from many different editions and from many different manufacturers. You have minis that are older than anything I have. http://s234.photobucket.com/user/Tre...?sort=3&page=1
    Yeah, most of Beholders are RT or 2nd ed with some 3rd ed stuff. Love the Baneblade by the way. Where are the sponson guns/top turrets and the main turrent from?
    Last edited by Bergioyn; 05-12-2016 at 09:15.
    Beholders Win/Lose/Tie: 2/2/1
    0/1/0
    Minis all over the place - a project log.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralDisaster View Post
    Okay, since I'm going to die soon anyway:

Bergioyn-He's suspicous and dodgy and his name sounds Welsh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hellbeast View Post
    Bergioyn has good taste.

You missed the treads. It's Blood and Skull Industries. It's run by Machinator, and I believe he's on Warseer. He's got all kinds of turrets, weapons, dozers, tracks, extra armor and other sundries. I'll give you a couple links. http://stores.ebay.com/Blood-and-Skulls-Industry?_rdc=1 https://www.facebook.com/Blood-and-S...2835446422577/
    Last edited by The Black Shield; 05-12-2016 at 09:50.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Shield View Post
    You missed the treads. It's Blood and Skull Industries. It's run by Machinator, and I believe he's on Warseer. He's got all kinds of turrets, weapons, dozers, tracks, extra armor and other sundries. I'll give you a couple links. http://stores.ebay.com/Blood-and-Skulls-Industry?_rdc=1 https://www.facebook.com/Blood-and-S...2835446422577/
    Awesome.
    0/1/0

Bergioyn has good taste.

This time it's RT era Space Marine Lizard riders, which will be used as bikes. Unfortunately they didn't turn out quite as I'd hoped because I couldn't strip them (more on that in a bit), and white doesn't really cover black and metal very well (what a suprise, I know...). I managed to aquire six of the beauties during the summer - the problem was that I wanted to keep the paintjobs on the lizards (usually I strip everything but these were just too nice not to keep) but the marines themselves obviously needed new colours and they're glued together with strongest glue I've ever encountered (no attemps to separate the riders from the lizards succeeded) so I ended up painting over the marines and keeping the mounts (and the legs, I thought the symbols looked cool eventhough they're somewhat crude).

Before shot:

After shot for the three done so far:
    0/1/0

Bergioyn has good taste.

Today it's time for the Jade Lotus Clan! First off, this fellow:

Officially it's "trollish giant" but I'm using it as Oni. Nice mini to paint and had more fun with it than with most figs recently (maybe it's time to take a break from the marines for a bit), and I quite like how it turned out.

Next is a bit more heavily armed ninja (obviously carrying so sort of magic weapon). He's not based yet because I've somehow managed to misplace all my hexbases and haven't found them yet. He'll get based when I do.

0/1/0

Bergioyn has good taste.

Looks good. Your clear coat is a little too glossy though.

The glossiness actually comes from dip. Initially a tried varnishing to matte the minis but it ended up looking very dirty and kinda weird so I've left them glossy. Initially wasn't fan myself but the glossiness has grown on me.
    0/1/0

Bergioyn has good taste.

Get a tustom citle 'ere! blackcherry's Avatar

Looks good. Plog subscribed to.

I like the glossyness myself and I'm guessing they doesn't look quite as exteme in real life as they do in the photos?
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

Blood for the Blood God!: My Word Bearers Plog

Yeah, they are glossy but not even near as glossy as they look in the photos.
    0/1/0

Bergioyn has good taste.

Some great old skool minis you have and I think the glossy look is a nod to John Blanch (?). Keep up the good work.
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...to-paint-again

Since 2017
    Minis bought - 12
    Minis Painted - 6

Quote Originally Posted by AceRimmer View Post
    Some great old skool minis you have and I think the glossy look is a nod to John Blanch (?). Keep up the good work.
    Thanks! I wish I could claim there was higher purpose to the glossiness, but it's not really anything more than a side effect of dipping that I like, and so have kept.
    0/1/0

Bergioyn has good taste.

This is sort of "updateling" if you will. Last week I was working on unit of Ricco's Republican Guard (I've amassed a few units of Dogs of War because I've always liked them, and being happily employed at the moment, have been able to afford some), with the idea of expanding the Cursed Company project to a Dogs of War one. So far I've one box set (12 minis) painted, a couple of them based (anyone have any tips on working with flock by the way? I'd forgotten how much it sucks) and I've aquired the three needed to round up to 15 aswell. The reason they're not finished though, is the same reason why I've only got a crappy WIP pic of some of the guard to post at the moment - I slipped and broke my ankle on my way to work last wednesday, and have been in hospital since. I had surgery on saturday (Titanium plate and 13 screws - the flesh is weak indeed) and am now waiting on getting a cast so I can get away from here. Don't know how much I'll be able to paint in the next few weeks (ankle has to be kept above heart), but I'll certainly be trying.

Without further a do, here are the guys:

EDIT: For some bloody reason the pic refuses to upload. I'll see what I can do about it.
    EDIT: Alright. For reasons completely beoynd my understanding, the only place the pic would upload, is tumblr of all places, and even that refuses to actually show up as a picture on the forums, so here's a temporary (until I can figure what's wrong) link to the pic:

http://lihaliemikuutio.tumblr.com/image/156937651698

The pic seems to have mostly white and red "scarves" but I painted them in all kinds of colours to represent them being tokens of favour from the ladies of Remas. The idea is not mine originally (I got it from an old forum conversation that I can't find anymore), but I liked it so I decided to implement it.
    Last edited by Bergioyn; 07-02-2017 at 15:50.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2