Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My NEW Ulthwe Army Log

Re: My NEW Ulthwe Army Log

I had the same problem- all I did was take the shrunken cannon from the kit, cut along the back of the barrel of the gun and turned it upside down and glued it in place. I'll see if i can get you a pic- its a basic conversion but it works ok I think.
    My random painting log- Dwarfs, Nids and VC - updated with Kharadrons! 01/05/17
    http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142003

Quote Originally Posted by silverstu View Post
    I had the same problem- all I did was take the shrunken cannon from the kit, cut along the back of the barrel of the gun and turned it upside down and glued it in place. I'll see if i can get you a pic- its a basic conversion but it works ok I think.
    Hello Silverstu: I'm curious to check out your solution. Anyway, I have also an issue with glued weapons. Lately I became a magnet fan
    Last edited by Homeworld; 28-02-2017 at 21:30.

Homeworld,

Welcome back. Your Ulthwe are beautiful and showing off where the magnets are being placed should help those thinking of building Eldar.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Thank you Captain Brown. After all I think to keep going with that configuration. Feedback it's always inspiring.

Looking real good. Love the detail you've gone to on the weapons controls and stones etc even on rank and file. Keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Homeworld View Post
    Hello Silverstu: I'm curious to check out your solution. Anyway, I have also an issue with glued weapons. Lately I became a magnet fan

Well here is one I did earlier ...

I cut it at the base of the barrel and turned the body of the gun upside down, pared back the shrunken catapults and glued it in place with a little green stuff tidying it up. I'm sure if you wanted to magnetise it you could as you normally do, I just glued it for ease of painting. Hope this helps and sorry for the late reply- work has been hectic.

Hello Silverstu.
    You really did a good job. But I have to confess I have already modified all the vypers . I was thinking too about working on the plastic shurikens, and attaching shuriken cannon in their place. Truth is I'm unsure in modeling things and I prefer to choose simple ways. (Or something I feel congenial).
    Hope the final result will be acceptable. I may cheat a bit cause when you put this model on the tabletop its underbody is quite out of sight .
    Again, thank you for the feed back and inspiration.

Looking forward to seeing them! Cheating is fine with me converting/painting wise- I do it all the time!! Sorry I again I was so late in getting back to you- work has been hectic but looking forward to seeing your force grow.

Librarian

Wow a great looking force you have going. I can't believe you also paint everything before you assemble it. Good job.

Hello again.

This time I post some pics about my "side-projects". When I pick some demanding paint projects, like the Vypers squadron (or the Heavy weapon battery) I perfectly know that I can't keep a steady pace. Cause I'm a slow painter, after a while I get tired by the same job and I need some quick reward. That's why I have some different models on the table, in order to keep painting something and avoiding the risk of quitting for weeks.

Here we are. This one is a conversion made by my cousin some years ago. It was an unexpected gift and I knew he was curious about what kind of painting I could try. As you see, the scene itself suggests an object source lighting tecnique. It's my second try after the farseer you may see at page 1.

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed, because in my opinion the final coating softned too much the contrast between warm and cold tones. Anyway, I know I have to do a lot of practice.

And here a new guardian squad. A storm squad, this time! Here I chose to paint every single model in a go. As I said, sometimes I want a psychological reward, and I need to start and finish something in a couple of hours.

As you see, for these Guardians I use a slight faster technique. I'm testing some easier way for rank units.
    Last edited by Homeworld; 12-08-2017 at 20:11.

Commander

Wow nice paint jobs, very striking!

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Such a unique look to the guardian helmets. Very cool! I love the guy with the "lightning bolt" on his helm.

Thank you a lot. Truth is I was looking for some kind of easy decoration for the helmets, cause I glued them on torsoes many years ago.
    The lightning-like motive is simpler than runes or glyphs, because you just have to follow the masque's edges. Besides, I think it's proper for an assault unit.
    I have to confess I was afraid it could look like a motorcycle helmet

Very striking Guardians and that Autarch looks fantastic.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG

Ok, as I predicted, I finished first my b-project: the Storm Guardians.

It' s funny because I started a ten soldiers squad, but since in the new index xenos the Storm Guardians come in eight, I painted two models less.
    Last edited by Homeworld; 12-08-2017 at 21:34.

The scheme colour comes from a simple conversion: an Autarch made with a Dire Avengers Exarch. Actually, the Guardians themselves are a conversion, because I assembled them over 15 years ago, using plain guardians with the weapons sprue sold in ancient metal guardians blisters or jetbikes' boxes.

I think that these guardians can be a proper "honor guard".

I magnetized the predator style fusion gun. Maybe it's not an elegant choice. Well, anyway.

But I didn't quit with Vypers. The work goes on.

Oh man, deleted my post while wanting to edit it on my Smartphone, dumb me..

Long Story short:
    Love the yellow head Guardians, straight forward look, but imo the Storm Guardians are too colorful.

Great Work!

Noc

Homeworld,

Thank conversion of Autarch from a Dire Avengers Exarch is great, adding the old style back banner makes him seem larger than the model actually is.

Cheers,

CB

Hello again guys. Here some progress with vypers.

I used for the very first time Tamiya masking tape.

I have to say It's a good product. Lines are very neat and it sticks well even on curved surfaces.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast