Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - HH-era White Scars!

Re: Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - HH-era White Scars!

"It was always readily apparent that the warriors of the Vth. Legion were never going to be the most uniform in appearance or armaments, quite unlike the serried ranks of the Iron Warriors I saw on Kolta. I remember my first meeting with Brother Noigu. I had until then never seen the snouted helmets that would later become synonymous with the Astartes in Mk. VI, and to see him riding a Scimitar sporting as archaic a weapon as a Volkite Culverin was baffling. When I inquired about his equipment, he had nothing but a shrug at the novelty of the helmet, citing the random and infrequent resupply most of the roving Brotherhoods had grown accustomed to.

Volkite ahoy!

Always enjoy painting Scimitars. Want more.

@Radium&Vazalaar: Many thanks! I think we'll be seeing more of the Ordu in the time to come, but it's true that White Scars have been rather rare. I just try to do my part in making a mark for the V. Legion!
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

Unwanted Forays into Mordheim! Orcs in da ruins!

Very good looking jet bike, unwanted Makes me want to start on mine.......
    / SDKFZ

Quote Originally Posted by SDKFZ View Post
    Very good looking jet bike, unwanted Makes me want to start on mine.......
    Ooh looking forward to that! Just beware, for me, it's turning into an addiction...

And ofc. thank you!
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

"A witch? No, I am Zadyin Arga. I gaze into the turmoil of the storms, and there, the Heavens reveal the paths we may tread."
    - Moghuchin, Stormseer of the Brotherhood of the Shattered spear, to Remembrancer Bertimon D'Hust.

Note Chogorian Caligraphy on the various sheets of parchment attached to the Stormseers armour

"While most members of the Vth. Legion placed great store in their bladework, I came across several exceptional individuals amongst the brotherhood. While Tenghudai Khan himself was certainly the most skilled with the curved swords favoured by the Chogorians, none were as skilled with the Glaive-like Guan-Dao as Bathestur, which was most likely why he was named Minghan Bataar, literally "Hero of the Brotherhood", in practice the champion to the Khan. His armour, again an unfamiliar pattern to me, is a higly artificed set of Mk. VI, optimised for speed and mobility, while giving up very little in terms of protection."
    Excerpt from the notes of Miriama Guelli

Chogorian symbols were widely utilized amongst the veteran elements of the Brotherhood

While the Sons of the Khan were widely known for their speed and ferocity in the saddle, they would utilize every tool nescessary to overcome the enemies of Human Unity. While all warfare was generally treated as a great hunt, there were those amongst the Vth. Legion who took on the role of the hunter of specific prey. These were organized into dedicated units, only designated as "Anchin", hunters. Peerless marksmen and hunters, they would target enemy leadership and other key personnel, adding to the confusion and unpredictablity that characterized the White Scars way of war.
    Excerpt from the notes of Miriama Guelli
    Last edited by unwanted; 09-01-2017 at 10:04.

Brother Sergeant

I like how you left the librarian sparsely armed, it reinforces the fact that his mind is his weapon!.. What did you do with the disintegration gun from the glaive dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Jpwoody View Post
    I like how you left the librarian sparsely armed, it reinforces the fact that his mind is his weapon!.. What did you do with the disintegration gun from the glaive dude?
    Nothing yet.

And thanks, that was the entire point with him

Was asked for an army shot on B&C, and wouldn't leave you out:

Awaiting reinforcements from ForgeWorld, soonish...

unwanted,

As it is a Horus Heresy PLOG would you like it moved to the Horus Heresy Sub-Forum?

Sincerely,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update any photos that have been lost in the hack.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Presently selling a fully painted OOP WHFB Orc, Empire and Dark Elves - come see here

Oh, I didn't know we had one. Sure!

Done, now it is with it's contemporaries.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update any photos that have been lost in the hack.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Presently selling a fully painted OOP WHFB Orc, Empire and Dark Elves - come see here

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

I think the bases on these are really under-appreciated. Great, subtle basing work.

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    I think the bases on these are really under-appreciated. Great, subtle basing work.
    Thank you very much! Honestly, it was a concious decision to make them less extravagant than the bases on say, my Fists and Skaven, both for reasons of speed, but also because I think the parched earth and sparse vegetation and scattered rocks are evocative of a plains setting fitting for the White Scars, but also because it offsets the miniature better than citybasing might.

Oh, I haven't looked here in a while. Great stuff there! I really like the stormseer (was thinking of using Loth for a libby myself). What's up next?
    Ave applicator paintoris!

I paint some Horus Heresy stuff.

Well, once the delivery is made, there's another squad of Jetbikers coming up (full magnetization, all weapons.), 10 CC-vets with various power weapons, and to ferry them around, a Caestus Assault Ram, which I think will come in handy against enemy armour.

I ain't dead...

Some great looking white scars here,you do the Khan proud!
    If you like the Horus Heresy, mediocre painting and terrible camera work, check out my plog! For The Emperor and Sanguinius!

Mat Ward Fact #1432- To appease the few wargamers dissatisfied with his work, Mat Ward has used his own money to set up a help-line for them to call. Please dial 1-800-WHOGIVESA****
    Guild up to join the Mat Ward Defence League!

Done with the Ram, base pending. Currently painting the cargo...

Quote Originally Posted by nagash66 View Post
    Some great looking white scars here,you do the Khan proud!
    Thank you very much! I ask for no more than the Khans approval.

Nicely done, I particularly like the damage on the nose sections well executed.

That is one nice assault ram, like how the white is pure but the marines still come off as having seen action.
    If you like the Horus Heresy, mediocre painting and terrible camera work, check out my plog! For The Emperor and Sanguinius!

Mat Ward Fact #1432- To appease the few wargamers dissatisfied with his work, Mat Ward has used his own money to set up a help-line for them to call. Please dial 1-800-WHOGIVESA****
    Guild up to join the Mat Ward Defence League!

The circular chamber was dimly lit, as if by the smouldering charcoal embers of the hearth. smoke wafted from the twin braziers set at foot of a tall, slender banner of white silk. A single sigil was traced in gold and ruby on the cloth, the lightning strike of the Vth. Legion. Two figures awaited Vikhard Houtremian in the gloom, one seated in a plain chair of hide and wood, the other standing at the shoulder of the chairs occupant. Both were armoured in the ivory battleplate of the White Scars, only their heads were bared. The seated figure gestured, and Vikhard strode forward, arresting his advance a good nine paces ahead of his host. He bowed. "Most esteemed lord, allow me to introduce myself...". "Enough!". The abrupt interruption almost made Vikhard flinch, it taking all of his restraint not to step backwards in shock. "I have no need for your introductions. I know who you are. I know what you desire from us.". Vikhard barely dared to look at the speaker, but to not meet his eye would be even worse. He managed to take in the face, Chogorian, as expected, bronzed by weather and exposure, and criss-crossed with scars, some self-inflicted, others mementos of battles past. A trimmed black beard and moustache framed the speakers mouth. The eyes were inscrutable dark slits in the half-light. "You are the Rogue Trader, you come to us to hold us to a Vow made by Captain Enakithos Rolth. I am Tenghudai Khan, lord of this Brotherhood, and I do not recognize this name.". Houtremian felt his heart sink. Endless lightyears and years of preparation, squandered on a fever-dream. "I do know Olaghu Khan.". Vikhards gaze shot up to meet that of the chogorian. "Olaghu Khan was the name he took when he was reunited with the Great Khagan. I served him until his death. We are the White Scars, and we do not forget ourselves. We do not forget our honour. We do not forget our Vows.". A feral smile spread across the Khans features. "And when we are offered a hunt such as this, we will not refuse it!"

Although the Brotherhoods were filled to bursting with consummate warriors, there were always those who stood head and shoulders above the rest. These would be formed into the Keshig, the Khans chosen warriors. Nominally serving as a bodyguard, they would also act as an unofficial council of war, lending their advice to the Khan. Although all Khans were expected to act with surety and unflinching determination in front of his warriors, it would be a foolhardy Khan who did not heed the word of his Keshig.
    Miriama Guelli, Traditions and customs, On Chogorian influences in the Vth. Legion, Imperial Publishing, 028.M31

Khutugden was a highly respected member, and leader of one Arban amongst the Keshig serving Tenghudai Khan. Skilled with blade and shot, it was his calm, determined demeanour that saw him leading the Keshig into the fray and emerge victorious, against the fiercest of enemies and most impossible odds.

The Keshig was usually supplied with the very best armour and armaments available to the Brotherhood, and although most favoured the traditional tulwars and axes of Chogoris, others would take to the more exotic weapons afforded by the Imperial armouries, such as the Lightning Claws borne by Keuken.

As befitting their status, and the favour of the Khan enjoyed by the Keshig, their armour would often bear highly personalised heraldry, esoteric emblems and powerful mantras picked out in Korchin Calligraphy.

Quote Originally Posted by nitromors View Post
    Nicely done, I particularly like the damage on the nose sections well executed.
    Thanks, thouroughly enjoy grunging up my Scars, this was no exception!

Quote Originally Posted by nagash66 View Post
    That is one nice assault ram, like how the white is pure but the marines still come off as having seen action.
    That's the balance I try to maintain, so thank you very much!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast