Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - HH-era White Scars!

Commander

Re: Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - HH-era White Scars!

Love the personalised heraldry it really adds depth and personality to these guys

Thanks, I enjoyed doing way more than I had anticipated. Planning more of that on future units. Might even go back and add it to other models/units.
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

Unwanted Forays into Mordheim! Orcs in da ruins!

Loving these White Scars dude. The personal Heraldry works great for making them individual yet ties them altogether.

Makes me want to have another go at mine.

Khutugden looked at the chrono, noting that the pilot was cutting it very close indeed. Inside the red-lit interioer of the Assault Ram, the roar of the engines were loud enough to render unaided conversation impossible, but that was hardly an issue. His brethren knew what was expected, and idle chatter had never been something Khutugden would countenance. Suddenly the Ram shook and jumped, and the crackle of anti-air munitions added their voice to the warsong of rapidly approaching bloodshed. As the chrono-indicator rapidly dialled down, the Ram was shaken by the retros screaming into life, followed by the roar of the prow-mounted Magna-Melta. The interior lighting switched to green, and the forward hatches sprang open. Khutugden lead the charge into the wake of shrapnel from the frag assault launchers, seeing the ruined form of a heavy, tracked command vehicle ahead. A gaggle of warriors in the drab steel of the IVth. legion were moving from the wreck to intercept Khutugdens Arban, but before they managed to loosen a shot, streams of heavy bolter shells chewed through the legionnaires and the ground around them. One erupted in a cloud of superheated gas as the Jetbikers of Nakhu sped past, whooping and cheering. Khutugden joined their laughter, his Arban surging forward to bring red ruin to the remaining traitors.

Latest additions, made for the Loyalty and Treachery-event on Bolter&Chainsword. The new Jetbikers and additional Veterans need better pictures to do them justice, but that'll be another day, light is crap here at the moment.
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

Quote Originally Posted by unwanted View Post

That's the balance I try to maintain, so thank you very much!
    Well its bloody well working, great work mate.
    If you like the Horus Heresy, mediocre painting and terrible camera work, check out my plog! For The Emperor and Sanguinius!

Mat Ward Fact #1432- To appease the few wargamers dissatisfied with his work, Mat Ward has used his own money to set up a help-line for them to call. Please dial 1-800-WHOGIVESA****
    Guild up to join the Mat Ward Defence League!

The Scion of Vharadesh was adrift, it's engines crippled, it's macro batteries disabled by the white hunter that had suddenly appeard. By rights, there weren't supposed to be any loyalist forces in the Gerantio system, but that was little consolation to Vrakhaud and the twenty-odd brethren of theWord Bearers currently barricaded with him on the bridge. Still, he was more than prepared to sell his life dearly. A flash of searing white and a deafening crack signalled the breaching of the main bulkhead. Varkhauds Auto-senses compensated for the worst, saving him from shock and disorientation, but he still let out a gasp at the sight of the figure striding through the wreckage. A giant in Terminator-armour, ivory slashed with red and edged in bronze, bearing a heavy-bladed glaive. For a moment, the intruder paused. "The sons of the Khan greet you cousins! Our vengeance will be swift and sweet. Now die!". At that, a score of topknotted warriors with drawn tulwars and axes streamed through the bulkhead, "Hai Chogoris!" being the last words Varkhaud would ever hear.

Although the White Scars favoured speed and mobility in all aspects of warfare, there was nonetheless an understanding of the nescessity for adaptability in all things. Batzorig was one exponent of this thought, the Shipmaster of the Talanchin favouring terminator plate, both for him self, but also for the part of the Keshig he would often lead in boarding actions.
    From the writings of Miriama Guelli, unpublished notes.

As befits a member of the Keshig, Batzorig wears his personal heraldry prominently on his left shoulder. As is often the case, the exact meaning of the Chogorian calligraphy is obscure, and nigh unstranslatable.

Quote Originally Posted by nagash66 View Post
    Well its bloody well working, great work mate.
    Hehe, glad to hear it!

The helmet while a simple swap works wonders on this model, gives him a proper WS feel and separates him from the other versions of the mini, great work as always unwanted.
    If you like the Horus Heresy, mediocre painting and terrible camera work, check out my plog! For The Emperor and Sanguinius!

Mat Ward Fact #1432- To appease the few wargamers dissatisfied with his work, Mat Ward has used his own money to set up a help-line for them to call. Please dial 1-800-WHOGIVESA****
    Guild up to join the Mat Ward Defence League!

Thanks!

While I was sceptical at first, the base model is one of my favourite Terminator-models by now. A little added legion-flair, and he fits in basically anywhere!

May add some tassels and ribbons as well, if I ever get off my backside and crack out the greenstuff.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3