Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Warmahordes mkIII

Veteran Sergeant

Warmahordes mkIII

Privateer press have announced warmahordes mkiii will be out in June. Hilarious after crapping all over your customers who don't have a lgs and can only buy online by forcing them to subsidize those who do. Fail
    Age of Sigmar is set after 40K

Re: Warmahordes mkIII

I guess that was the plan all along?
    Quote Originally Posted by Holier Than Thou View Post
    Is it a good game design feature that a goblin is considered equal to a Dragon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaric View Post
    Yes under the circumstance the tribe could be of dragon hunters is a device capture/bring down a dragon a impossibility?
    [Heresy Era 30k] The Eaters of Worlds – Children of a savage messiah, Waagh K.F.O.R.K - My Orks, The log on my ever growing undead horde

Funny, when they released MKII for free I said that a new edition might be coming out soon then since printing new books if they will be invalidated in a while made no sense hence just release it for free and yet people said that a MKIII was years away and yet here we are.
    I'm looking forward to it tho.

Will they be trialling it with their fans as with MkII? And I hope they integrate the smaller level stuff with the larger monsters better in this edition. Whilst it's got nothing on the mess that is 40k at the moment, I have started to feel that I can't keep up with all the larger kits.
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

Blood for the Blood God!: My Word Bearers Plog

Actual announcement http://privateerpress.com/press-rele...ine-and-hordes
    So the core rules will be released first for free which is good.

Very excited for this. I enjoy the game, but I'll readily admit that there are plenty of places that could do with improvement.

Plus, new battlebox is cheaper than the previous one, and only has one Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcherry View Post
    Will they be trialling it with their fans as with MkII?
    Nope.
    As a long-time Goblin player, I can reliably inform you that failure is ALWAYS an option.

Painting Log - Circle Orboros - Warpwolves FTW!
    Terrain Log - Circle Orboros themed terrain for Hordes

Chapter Master

Rather sudden.

At least now the reason why they've been avoiding talking about a 5th Hordes faction makes sense. They opted for redo from start instead.

It also makes the big FAQ blow-out where Warders and various Cryx things got changed to huge acrimony on their forums rather... senseless. They generated a huge amount of bitterness and a fair amount of ill-will for no reason. They could have just waited a couple months. Either that or the mk3 rules are so bad they figure that FAQ will soften the blow. :skull:
    ----------------------------------
    And lo, the Return!

Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Rather sudden.

At least now the reason why they've been avoiding talking about a 5th Hordes faction makes sense. They opted for redo from start instead.

It also makes the big FAQ blow-out where Warders and various Cryx things got changed to huge acrimony on their forums rather... senseless. They generated a huge amount of bitterness and a fair amount of ill-will for no reason. They could have just waited a couple months. Either that or the mk3 rules are so bad they figure that FAQ will soften the blow. :skull:
    Or the FAQ was done because they do 2 a year (roughly iirc) and it was due, if they didn't do it then it would have potentially given the game away about the update and meant any events that would have happened in the last couple of months and up to and including Lock & Load (y'know where they have some pretty big events) would have still been played in a format/meta that was still defined by things pre-latest FAQ.

Really though I'm looking forward to this. I can finally walk into a gaming group with pGoreshade and not have people question why I don't want to play *insert busted Cryx caster here*

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeDeath View Post
    Or the FAQ was done because they do 2 a year (roughly iirc) and it was due, if they didn't do it then it would have potentially given the ...snip
    I guess they wanted to test out some ideas for mkiii on the community to see how they would fly first?

Also pre-measuring..... Boooo making gunline armies even easier to play with

Lets be fair on the pre-measuring thing, if you where good at ranges and played gunlines it didn't matter. What this does now is stops 'gotchas' because someone was less than 1/8th an inch off. It's a much nicer thing to do really.

Heck i remember when Fantasy stopped doing guess ranges. It made no difference to playing Stone Throwers at all for me (anecdotal but I hope you see my point).

Primecast podcast has a lot of good spoilers in it.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeDeath View Post
    Heck i remember when Fantasy stopped doing guess ranges. It made no difference to playing Stone Throwers at all for me (anecdotal but I hope you see my point).
    I remember the same and it felt the opposite with the artillery going from weapons of mass destruction IF they hit, to insane Sniper Rifles that would take the wings off a fly.

Also going from a tense "Ohhh I think this is going to be a 23" shot" and then getting to find out if you got it to going "I will always shoot exactly 6" (measures) from this guy because statistically this makes me the most likely to hit" kinda drained a little fun out of the game.

Then again I don't get hung up on if I fail a charge by 1/8" cause its more fun this way :P

The problem with Warhammer removing the guess range for war machines was that previously, the requirement of guessing range was compensated by the machines not needing to roll to hit. When they removed the guessing, they didn't compensate the increased accuracy with any additional drawback causing cannons in particular to become unreasonably accurate.

If they had simply streamlined war machines so that everyone rolled to hit (and avoided the insane FAQ ruling that cannons and templates got to hit both the rider and the monster) then it would have worked a lot better.

A problem with not having pre-measuring is that it incentivize people to have their models dancing around close to each others threat ranges attempting to lure each other into making a mistake. This leads to an unnecessarily high amount of close calls where you need to make rulings on one millimeter here or there, which creates a danger of heated discussion (especially if it's in a competitive environment).
    Quote Originally Posted by Holier Than Thou View Post
    Is it a good game design feature that a goblin is considered equal to a Dragon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaric View Post
    Yes under the circumstance the tribe could be of dragon hunters is a device capture/bring down a dragon a impossibility?
    [Heresy Era 30k] The Eaters of Worlds – Children of a savage messiah, Waagh K.F.O.R.K - My Orks, The log on my ever growing undead horde

People used the cmd and control area measuring rule to premeasure anyway.
    Might as well remove it rather then just pretend that it matters.
    Nice to see that PP's forum are positive to it.

Well I'm going to stay salty to the idea of MKiii for now :P

(The last 3 products I have gotten in on the ground floor for due to liking them so much were... W40K 6th ed, the Wii U and the Dreamcast... I do not have a good record for purchasing things on day one!)

Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Avian View Post
    Plus, new battlebox is cheaper than the previous one, and only has one Argus.
    $40 instead of $50 with tokens, battlemap, paper terrain, really cheap-looking ruler, dice, more rules and miniatures.

You will, of course, only know if you need that second Argus on June 12th

It will be highly interesting to see how this affects the various lists and wether or not my lists are worse or better

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Malagor View Post
    People used the cmd and control area measuring rule to premeasure anyway.
    Might as well remove it rather then just pretend that it matters.
    Nice to see that PP's forum are positive to it.
    It seems pretty mixed to me. There are quite a few salty declarations about it, and abandoning the game.
    I don't quite understand them myself, since as you say (and it is part of the official reason for the change), there are a bunch of ways to premeasure anyway.

I'm still on the fence about it, myself. It might rekindle my interest, but... I haven't been happy with a lot of PPs decisions lately, like the online sales thing, or even as far back as colossals, nor a lot of the useless units getting a UA tax. (If you buy more, we will make things functional)

That said, I'm glad to see point costs roughly doubled, since a lot of things are not equal at the same points value, and more granularity has been desperately needed. Various factions' medium based infantry and a whole lot of solos...

But on the other hand, the game also feels like it did at the end of Mark 1, with a lot of bloat and nonsense rules interactions. So if they really fix things... Maybe. As long as it doesn't mean Mark 4 in 4-5 years....
    Last edited by Voss; 12-04-2016 at 16:52.
    ----------------------------------
    And lo, the Return!

As much as I like it, I'm still calling it Warmahordes: Age of Cygnar
    Proudly servicing the Warseer community with eccentric, if not foolhardy comments since December 30th, 2013.

My 8th Edition Homage (and SDE) Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    They do talk about it in the primecast but more to tease it for L&L 2017. So it IS coming, but what/who/where is still just as much to debate as it was before. From the what they said, I go the feeling that it will be as different for Hordes as Convergence is for Warmachine. So, we'll see.
    Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote Originally Posted by Megavolt
    They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast