Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Warmahordes mkIII

Re: Warmahordes mkIII

Sounds like my skorne list might need quite a few more models.
    I tend to run quite alot of warbeasts and from the sound of things so far, it seems like they will essentially be free with points being around 6 points to 28 or 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Malagor View Post
    Sounds like my skorne list might need quite a few more models.
    I tend to run quite alot of warbeasts and from the sound of things so far, it seems like they will essentially be free with points being around 6 points to 28 or 30.
    Well, if you figure on about current level of 16-20 points of Warbeasts (before Warlock points), then you should be good. Their target with the new points list and Warlock/Warcaster Points is so that each Warcaster and Warlock will effectively have their Battlebox scale Battle group for "free".

Obviously some Warcasters and Warlocks will not be as big as others, and the Warlock/Warcaster units like Legendary Makaeda will probably factor less than average like she does now, but still be able to bring more than a Reptile Hound for free. Maybe even as much as a pair of Cyclops or Molik Karn straight out.
    Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote Originally Posted by Megavolt
    They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Well that's based on if Molik will still be useful after the edition change or Makeda for that matter.
    In a way it's exciting how things will be different and yet a part of of me is a bit sad since I'm starting to get good with using Makeda2.

Chapter Master

I highly suspect Molik will be one of the models that will see his points revised upwards (even after the general 'doubling'), or have abilities 'streamlined.'
    ----------------------------------
    And lo, the Return!

Probably, he is a damn fine warbeast alongside a bronzeback.
    But good thing I waited with a gargantuan. Will be interested to see how they will be in MK3.

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Oh, yeah. I won't deny the way they handled it was poorly. But 'solving' it by removing the mechanic entirely is nonsense.

There are a couple areas of the rules that I wouldn't mind see excised for being effectively worthless (pushes and weapon locks come to mind), but there are areas that need revision (the two pages of throw rules) not just an axe. Psychology was one of those.
    They have not indicated they have removed it. In fact I suspect Avian's point about getting a penalty instead is looking more likely.

Well that's based on if Molik will still be useful after the edition change or Makeda for that matter.
    Desirability, maybe, but not the case that LMakaeda will be able to pay for Karn on her points alone will not be based on that. From what has been said, the amount of WarJack/WarBeast points a Warcaster/Warlock will come with will effectively triple. pMorghul's points will cover two Savages and a Gladiator all on his own, for example.
    Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote Originally Posted by Megavolt
    They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Keravin View Post
    They have not indicated they have removed it. In fact I suspect Avian's point about getting a penalty instead is looking more likely.
    They have, actually. I'd hunt up quotes from the forums, but here it is all official and everything:
    http://privateerpress.com/community/...der-04-18-2016

One significant pruning was the removal of model psychology from the games. While we had made significant changes to how psychology functioned and its overall impact on the game experience from Mk I to Mk II, we soon realized during the development of the new editions that model psychology really didn’t fit the vision we had for the tabletop experience and for the world of the Iron Kingdoms. By removing psychology entirely, we were able to significantly reduce the total volume of rules and create a more fun, rewarding play experience.
    Also skill checks. All skill checks.

Mindlessly obedient perfect automatons for everyone!

Based on this, I'm hoping that tough, as one of the few remaining non-attack die rolls, gets excised as well. It certainly is the biggest frustration points I've seen a lot of games, often for both sides in the same game- the opponent for random trooper #3 inexplicably not getting squished by a hammer bigger than it is (multiple times), and the player with tough models for it often failing on pieces that matter.
    Last edited by Voss; 18-04-2016 at 18:43.
    And lo, the Return!

Well one can hope that trollbloods gets something to make up for the removal of tough(if it is removed) like higher arm or def.
    While my tough checks never did that much, it was nice when I passed but most of the time I didn't but it was a fun rule I thought.
    Of course, it would be better if it was more of a save rather then something that prevented their death.
    Still, doesn't seem right if Trollbloods aren't suppose to be tough to kill(again if Tough is removed).

Chapter Master

Well one can hope that trollbloods gets something to make up for the removal of tough(if it is removed) like higher arm or def.
    While my tough checks never did that much, it was nice when I passed but most of the time I didn't but it was a fun rule I thought.
    Of course, it would be better if it was more of a save rather then something that prevented their death.
    Still, doesn't seem right if Trollbloods aren't suppose to be tough to kill(again if Tough is removed).
    Well, I think a lot of troll stuff needs to be completely re-evaluated anyway. There are a lot of cludgy abilities, units that didn't really do what they were designed for (the newish pistoliers come to mind), weird point cost decisions (champions being a poor choice compared to the fell caller character unit) and knock on effects from the 'tough tax' that have dogged the faction for years. The january errata that stripped weaponmaster from Warders didn't help either, nor did the last book- which offered an 'alternative' to the brick playstyle: healing brick.

To be fair, I've no idea if they'll actually remove tough. They've just used the word 'streamline' several dozen times since the big reveal, and aside from blast templates and a revision to the two #$@%ing pages of throw rules, I can't think of a change that would streamline the game more than the removal of tough (and it comes up more often than throws).
    And lo, the Return!

Well I just read on facebook a rumour that Tough is indeed changing as well.
    According to the rumour Tough is still in but the model can only do it once per turn and you are no longer knockdown should you make the save.
    So a bit of streamlining while still keeping it in should this be true.
    Armies of Malagor:
    Warhammer Fantasy/9th Age: Beastmen, Bretonnia, Vampire Counts, Lizardmen, Ogre Kingdoms, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarfs, Legion of Chaos, Undead Legion.
    Warhammer 40k: Chaos Space Marines, Ad-mech, Sisters of Battle
    Warmahordes: Skorne, Trollbloods, Khador, Circle Orboros

Chapter Master

If it's true then Troll costs need to be reduced as they have paid a tough tax until now and that would be potentially less powerful especially for models like Fire eaters and Runeshapers who already do not get knockdowned.

I don't think we'll lose tough, though it's possible, I guess. Have you seen the new Trollbloods artwork floating about? It's insane and would actually be purchased if they do prints like GW does. Warders are the one unit I'm eyeing to see how they balance back out again after losing weaponmaster.

I'm hoping Warders get turned into a true tarpit unit that will end all tarpits :P Like some ability to stop them being pushed, and extra dice on free strikes or something.

They are not for the Alpha strike, they are to sit on the enemy alpha strike and stop it in its tracks

Armies of Malagor:
    Warhammer Fantasy/9th Age: Beastmen, Bretonnia, Vampire Counts, Lizardmen, Ogre Kingdoms, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarfs, Legion of Chaos, Undead Legion.
    Warhammer 40k: Chaos Space Marines, Ad-mech, Sisters of Battle
    Warmahordes: Skorne, Trollbloods, Khador, Circle Orboros

Lovely looking card art but oh no! more icons O_o I can never remember what is what on those :P
    Also 10 pt slayer Oh my!

Wish I had picked up that second Mountain King

OMG just noticed that melee weapons now have a real range!

Quote Originally Posted by aprilmanha View Post
    OMG just noticed that melee weapons now have a real range!
    It looks like weapon ranges have increased - both the Slayer and the Trenchers have a 1" range.

It is quite possible that 1" will be the standard for Warjacks, and the Trenchers have got 1" because it's a bayonet so has the length of the rifle, and thus 0.5 is still the "standard" as seen on Eiryss2 there.

Note also that the cards have "2016 v1" printed on them. What do you think this means? Is it because these are samples, or because they are going to update cards when they get changed via FAQ?

++EDIT++

Also, MAT 6 Mountain King. And Fury 5.

The statement that they learned from the MAT 5 debacle, and then gave the Glacier King MAT 5, clearly shows the designers wrote that snippet thinking of the MkIII rules not the MkII rules.

++EDIT 2++

Brutal Charge on Trencher Infantry? Oh hell yes! MAT/RAT 6 too! And Tough!

Wonder what that new diagonal arrow with a blast in it means? Mountain King has it too - oh duh, Assault.
    Last edited by Treadhead_1st; 20-04-2016 at 20:20.
    An Inquisitor walks into a bar, =][= Post removed by the authority of the Inquisition =][=

I might have to get a second unit of Trenchers to... which is silly since I got my Cygnar originally to try going for an all Jack army :P (caster, Jakes and jorneyman all fueling as many jacks I can fit in the points.... then learned it was not a good list at all )

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast