Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Angie paints her armies: all sorts of Fantasy and AoS.

Angie paints her armies: all sorts of Fantasy and AoS.

Hello there Warseer and welcome to my project log!

I've been working on this warhammer and miniature painting hobby throughout the years. I've had some project logs up here at warseer in the past under the name Nerevarine. By now though I have quite a lot of different armies and miniatures and no specific order when it comes to painting them. If you'd like to see most of what I painted in the past, you're more than welcome to visit my blog/gallery.

For today, I'd like to show you my recent Tzeentch Sorcerer Lord on Disc. He was painted for a monthly painting competition of my local Games Workshop. The theme was 'fire' and he ended up being the winning piece!

Re: Angie paints her armies: all sorts of Fantasy and AoS.

Superbly painted. The turquoise armour looks outstanding in particular!
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

Unwanted Forays into Mordheim! Orcs in da ruins!

Most impressive! Not least the freehand on the robes.

Are those carvings on the haft of the halberd and vambrace part of the original sculpt or did you carve (or perhaps paint?) them yourself?
    Last edited by Zywus; 28-04-2016 at 23:05.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holier Than Thou View Post
    Is it a good game design feature that a goblin is considered equal to a Dragon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaric View Post
    Yes under the circumstance the tribe could be of dragon hunters is a device capture/bring down a dragon a impossibility?
    [Heresy Era 30k] The Eaters of Worlds – Children of a savage messiah, Waagh K.F.O.R.K - My Orks, The log on my ever growing undead horde

Wow very nice, how did you do the flames?

Thank you very much! Thusfar I think this lord is the best piece I've painted so far.

@Zywus: The carvings are part of the original sculpt, and painting them was the laziest part of all. I painted them with vallejo bone white, then a thin drybrush of bone white + white, a wash of agrax earthshade and some pretty careful drybrushing to build up the staff again.

@Lord Malorne: The flames were done by endless glazing. I started by painting the main colours in (white in the deepest recesses, then over to yellow, orange, red and brown). Then I smoothed them out a bit by adding some more thin layers of mostly yellow-orange, gradually mixing in more reds and browns as I got towards the points of the flame. Eventually the layers got so thinned down they became more like glazes. It's kinda time-intensive and definitely not something I plan on doing with all the standard tabletop units. For the great sorcerer-leader of my Warriors I was happy to make an exception though

The pattern on the robe was also done by glazing. I built it up to near-white at first, and then blended it back in with thin turquoise. I'm fairly new to using glazing as a technique compared to the usual basecoat-wash-highlight. With this miniature I really tried to push my skills to the limit

Fantastic job, the flame is so smooth.
    I have this model somewhere and I can see myself logging onto this page and carefully trying to replicate your work for several hours before giving up and crying in the corner.
    Kundos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    There are WAY better outlets for your sexual frustration on the Internet than Necrons.
    The Lost and the Discounted

The Cleave-man Browns

Very nice paintjob!

Thanks!

Today I'd like to show you a slight conversion of the free Stormcast Eternal that came with the White Dwarf. I filed the icon off his shield and gave him a Bretonnian head.
    His paintjob isn't too special but I did try and give him a nice elaborate base.

I like it. Your "not too special" paintjob makes me want to cry at my lack of freehand painting skill. I very much like the fleur-de-lys on his shield.

I think a great big sword might go a little better than the hammer, but that's just personal preference.

I very much prefer the Bretonnian helmet to the Sigmarite face-mask. Those things are creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to glue and buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by FraustyTheSnowman View Post
    Anything else I have to say has already been said by Col Shaw...listen to the lego man, he's wise.
    "Ember of Dreams"
    http://www.amazon.com/Ember-Dreams-C...0408773&sr=1-1

Great painting. I love the irony in this one!

Fantastic stuff! Beautiful painting and I love the Stormcast. Looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Thank you all!

@ColShaw Well, you did pick out the only special thing about it. I added the freehand to make the model stand out a little more, especially since the metallics are quite lazy (sponged, washed, highlighted).

While looking at some of my old Lizardmen I decided their bases were too bland and boring. Most of them are from the 5th edition starter set. They're monopose and the basing I used really doesn't set them apart, does it?

So far I haven't really done any rebasing for Age of Sigmar yet, but since I decided to re-do these ones I asked myself the question: why not switch to round? The new 32mm bases would give these miniatures a bit more space and break up their posing as well, instead of having them cramped in a 5x3 block. And thus, with the help of cork rocks and cheap home decor and aquarium plants, I created something far more eyecatching for them. The mini's on the photo's below aren't the same as the ones above. I had already moved these on the new bases when I realized I hadn't taken a photo of the old one, so the backrow of the unit stood in as an example.

The round bases are clearly an improvement over the older, square ones, as are the models... Well done!

The Sorcerer from your opening post is painted very, very nicely. The flames are particularly impressive.

Also, good to see the work of a fellow Dutchman...
    Check out my Mordheim scenery! NOW! I mean... Please... Only if you want to of course...
    Get your ale while it's still hot! And discover why Stirland should rule The Empire...

Quote Originally Posted by minitrol View Post
    Words cannot describe how I feel about your gamers room soooo Best... Feedback... Ever!!!
    My new personal hobby blog: Toy Soldiers off to War

Loving them! The head/arm swaps really pop them up from their old stiffness. Totally going to rip off that idea for my saurus

Brilliant! They are so vibrant, love it!

Thank you all so much!

I finished the first two of my Khorne-themed Warriors of Chaos. The army will have a strong female theme with a lot of headswaps, with Valkia as leader. The heads I use are the heroic scale heads from Statuesque Miniatures.

Very creative conversions and great paintjobs. The female khorne warriors are really nice. Do you have more feral looking heads for the next bunch? Loving the oldschool Lizardmen too, because I had a similar project going on, where I'd use the old bodies/heads and put new weapons and shields on them. Sadly I never finished that project. I even sculpted an oldblood from scratch back then. Maybe it's time to dig them out again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthanor View Post
    "I'm going to peck you, with my human teeth... hum... Gore you! With my human feet... Punch you! With my bird wings..."

Considering female minatures usually can get the same protection as a fully armored knight just by wearing nothing but a chainmail bikini and a pair of pair of underpants, I shudder to think how tough these ladies would be to fight when they're wearing full chaos armour
    Last edited by Zywus; 22-06-2016 at 11:41.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holier Than Thou View Post
    Is it a good game design feature that a goblin is considered equal to a Dragon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaric View Post
    Yes under the circumstance the tribe could be of dragon hunters is a device capture/bring down a dragon a impossibility?
    [Heresy Era 30k] The Eaters of Worlds – Children of a savage messiah, Waagh K.F.O.R.K - My Orks, The log on my ever growing undead horde

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast