Thread: [Gorkamorka] Gretchin Revolutionaries Pilin' On

[Gorkamorka] Gretchin Revolutionaries Pilin' On

A few questions about Gretchin Revolutionaries and their Pilin' On rule.

1. Is there a limit to the amount of Grots to band together?
    2. If not, could a player not band like 7 models together, providing 8 Attack Dice and even would mean even if all the dice rolled a 1, the result would be very high.
    (Basic Grot WS is 2. Dice is 1+. 7 Models = Combat Score of 10+)

3. Do Snots count in Pilin' On?

4. If the initial Gretchin is defeated, do the rest of the Pile continue fighting, albeit with 1 less Attack Dice and WS than before? Or is it 1 down, all down, If so, do they all role seperatly on the Injury Table?

5. In the book's example (shown below), why would a player divide up the Gretchin instead of making 1 tough opponent and slowly working their way through the enemies onboard the vehicle?

6. Have I misunderstood the rules? Or is this a glitch, that should've been fixed?

I have included the relevant rules from the Digga Nob and Da Roolz books.

I thank you for your help with this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.PNG 
Views:	55 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	227724Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.PNG 
Views:	55 
Size:	231.9 KB 
ID:	227725Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.PNG 
Views:	50 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	227726
    Last edited by Borg451; 14-05-2016 at 21:40.

Re: [Gorkamorka] Gretchin Revolutionaries Pilin' On

I cannot really provide any expert answer on this question, since I do not know what the actual rule should be. Additionally, I cannot remember what rule I used back in the day. However, I do remember rebel grots being incredibly unfair in combat. My suggestion would be to interpret the rules in a way which diminishes the power of rebel grots in combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by GW 6 month financial report
    "This person will ensure we have a constant supply of retail store managers and trade recruiters and account developers"
    Sounds a bit like the black ships gathering souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Borg451 View Post

1. Is there a limit to the amount of Grots to band together?

2. If not, could a player not band like 7 models together, providing 8 Attack Dice and even would mean even if all the dice rolled a 1, the result would be very high.

3. Do Snots count in Pilin' On?

4a. If the initial Gretchin is defeated, do the rest of the Pile continue fighting, albeit with 1 less Attack Dice and WS than before? Or is it 1 down, all down...
    4b. ...if so, do they all roll separately on the Injury Table?

5. In the book's example (shown below), why would a player divide up the Gretchin instead of making 1 tough opponent and slowly working their way through the enemies onboard the vehicle?

6. Have I misunderstood the rules? Or is this a glitch, that should've been fixed?
    1. Nope! If they lose the combat though they'll all be ejected from the vehicle.

2. Dice aren't added together. The highest scoring one is picked:

2. Work Out Combat Score
    Each player picks his highest scoring dice and adds his Weapon Skill (WS) to the score. He then adds any combat score modifiers as shown on the table over the page. The total is the combat score.
    (page 26 of Da Roolz)

All 1s rolled are Fumbles and add +1 to the opponent's combat score. Every six after the first is a Critical Blow and adds +1 to the fighter's combat score.
    However each additional attacker adds +1 to the score so it'd still be pretty crazy!

3. The special rules for Rebel Grots apply to all Rebel Grots - Snots too!

4a. The way I read it is that they win or lose as one attacker. They all get thrown overboard if they lose.
    4b. I would imagine that one uses the lead fighter's Toughness to work out whether they're injured but roll on the Injury Table separately. This bit I'm least sure of.

5. Not a clue. It's a fairly lousy example, frankly.

6. It sounds like you're one of the few people that actually understood the rules

I'll have to see about adding some of this to the FAQ - they're excellent questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamekebab View Post
    2. Dice aren't added together. The highest scoring one is picked:

(page 26 of Da Roolz)

All 1s rolled are Fumbles and add +1 to the opponent's combat score. Every six after the first is a Critical Blow and adds +1 to the fighter's combat score.
    However each additional attacker adds +1 to the score so it'd still be pretty crazy!
    Yes, I think what I meant to say here, with my example is that with 8 attack dice, you have a greater chance of getting a high dice roll/an overall combat score higher than your opponent.

I was not taking the 6 bonuses and 1 Fumbles into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamekebab View Post
    6. It sounds like you're one of the few people that actually understood the rules

I'll have to see about adding some of this to the FAQ - they're excellent questions.
    Thanks, I just like to understand as much as possible and have tactics before assembling a roster and models.

Thank you, your reply has helped me understand the rule. Before I was understanding it as allowing the Grot player a bug/glitch in which they could Spam and make the game not enjoyable for both parties. But I see now that it is a bit of a gamble, yes you might have higher change of good dice role, but also more chance for fumbles and if you lose, all your Grots get thrown from the Vehicle.

The attachments or links to the rules I posted last year seem to not be there. Does the forum remove them after a time?

The attachments or links to the rules I posted last year seem to not be there. Does the forum remove them after a time?
    The forum went down for a while and I'd imagine there's probably quite a lot of things broken. Looks like I need to fix my avatar for a start!