Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dawn of War 3 gameplay trailer

Re: Dawn of War 3 gameplay trailer

Ouch, from the very first trailers I got the Starcraft vibe, sad to hear this.

Despite that, worth getting?

Maybe if there is a 50% sale and they have added a bunch of free content then I might consider getting it even tho I have heard that the single player campaigns are suppose to be quite meh.
    But at full price ? Hell no. I would have felt cheated based on what I played in the beta.
    Armies of Malagor:
    Warhammer Fantasy/9th Age: Beastmen, Bretonnia, Vampire Counts, Lizardmen, Ogre Kingdoms, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarfs, Legion of Chaos, Undead Legion.
    Warhammer 40k: Chaos Space Marines, Ad-mech, Sisters of Battle
    Warmahordes: Skorne, Trollbloods, Khador, Circle Orboros

Um, so having watched the cutscenes,

I feel like I've seen those plots before somewhere

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Malagor View Post
    Maybe if there is a 50% sale and they have added a bunch of free content then I might consider getting it even tho I have heard that the single player campaigns are suppose to be quite meh.
    Watched the first mission of the campaign. It pained me. DoW1's first mission wasn't great, and I didn't play 2, but... this was a linear, choiceless stroll through spontaneous orks that... pretty much had the ability to pop up inside the fortifications they were trying to take, pretty much at will. Most of the 'gameplay' involved grabbing convenient health packs and constantly spamming jump abilities that knock enemies back in slightly slo-mo waves.

Later on it apparently keeps switching between factions, and is apparently mostly a tutorial and very, very dull.
    One of the ork missions is supposed to be fairly bad, as it involves guarding a cannon for ~30 minutes with a couple units, as it charges up and then... uh. Disappointment ensues.
    ----------------------------------
    And lo, the Return!

So it's been out a while now, has anyone else picked this up and have any thoughts?

I managed to find it cheap for 20 euros.
    The campaign is ok, it's not one that I will be replaying like Dark Crusade or Soulstorm but it was ok.
    One thing that is sad I think, we all remember the first trailer for the game, showing the cool Banshees and Wraithknights that looked they were wearing something bone-like.
    I thought that was just for the trailer since in gameplay they look plastic-like, so smooth and colorful but no, the trailer look is in the cutscenes as well.
    It's just clashes with the dark and gritty cutscenes and when the cutscene ends it's becomes colorful and almost cartoon-like.
    But the story isn't that interesting tho so doesn't have any replayability other then to grind skulls and levels.

And multiplayer is well, last time I played there was like 4 games going and they were all against the AI.
    Last edited by Malagor; 20-05-2017 at 12:10.
    Armies of Malagor:
    Warhammer Fantasy/9th Age: Beastmen, Bretonnia, Vampire Counts, Lizardmen, Ogre Kingdoms, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarfs, Legion of Chaos, Undead Legion.
    Warhammer 40k: Chaos Space Marines, Ad-mech, Sisters of Battle
    Warmahordes: Skorne, Trollbloods, Khador, Circle Orboros

Wow that sounds so grim, so it's a failed starcraft 2 clone... oh my that is upsetting for the future of the franchise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3