Thread: Tale of Painters in the Age of Sigmar - Month 11 (June completed and July WiP)

Tale of Painters in the Age of Sigmar - Month 11 (June completed and July WiP)

Welcome to the Tale of Age of Sigmar Painters 2015-2016!

NOTE: we're almost at the end now, big thanks to everyone who has stayed the course and kept going with it (I'm lagging behind a little now lol). Due to my family situation I'm unlikely to have very much time do painting/hobby stuff after the middle of August (baby due) so I will not be running the tale again next year. If anyone is interested in keeping it going I'll be only too happy to hand it over.

What is the Tale all about?
    The goal of the Tale of Painters is to get an army fully painted within the next 12 months.

Because of the fluid nature of the AoS system your army can be as large or as small as you wish it to be, for the purposes of the tale we will measure army size in warscrolls (though if you wish to pattern your army after one of the fan-made comp. packs that are available or even points values based on a previous edition of warhammer fantasy battle please feel free).

Your army theme is your own, if you want to draw scrolls from multiple factions/Grand Alliances or even include terrain warscrolls then that is your prerogative, let your creativity run wild!

Your target is to paint roughly 10% of your army each month. For example, if you've chosen an army of 20 Warscrolls then your monthly target would be 2 warscrolls. The Tale runs for one year (September 2015 to August 2016), so if you stick to your 10% monthly target then you'll only need to paint for 10 months of the year.

To cover the months when you can't/don't paint, you get 2 Jokers. You can play a Joker at any time (provided you haven't used them both up!), which essentially means that you don't have to meet your target for that month. They can used for real life events (such as births, deaths, marriages, exams, holidays) or if you're just having a bad/slow month. If you use a Joker then feel free to post a suitable image instead (of a Joker or something funny).

What is this thread all about?
    This thread is for completed work from the previous month (June) and later, for work in progress (WIP) shots of what you a working on for this month. Please do not post any completed work for this month in this thread.

Feel free to post any WIP pictures of what you're going to be painting this month, army lists, background stories, battle reports, questions, and comments on anyone else's posts. You can post as little or as much as you like in the thread, but please keep it WIP. Do not post any completed work for this month until after the next thread opens at the start of next month.

Things to note
    1. It's not too late!
    If you want to join the Tale midway through that's absolutely fine, just post on this thread with the army/faction/Grand Alliance/theme of the force you are building and the goal (preferably in warscrolls) that you want to work towards and I will add you to the roster.

2. FAQ
    The original sign up thread and Tale FAQ can be found here >> http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...Sign-up-thread

If you have any further questions please ask them, either by posting them below, or by shooting me a PM

3. Commenting on other peoples work
    Now is the time to post pics of your completed work for June, it would be great to spur each other on with lots of encouraging and constructive comments. Later in the month, once everyone has posted their completed work (usually around the 10th) I would encourage everyone to put up some comments for the other participants in the tale.
    Last edited by Spiney Norman; 01-07-2016 at 23:06.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konovalev View Post
    Warseer's Warhammer General has become like a nerdy Jerry Springer. It's quite entertaining.
    Calling all AoS fans, please consider joining Warseer's first Age of Sigmar Tale of Painters

Re: Tale of Painters in the Age of Sigmar - Month 11 (June completed and July WiP)

Altsain - various AoS releases - 129/All the Warscrolls
    Artoris - Skaven - 2/10 Warscrolls
    beastofnurgle - Nurgle Chaos - 15/10 warscrolls
    Booah - Death - 4/10 Warscrolls
    Booah - chaos -3/10 Warscrolls
    Booah - destruction - 10/10 Warscrolls
    Booah - order - 9/10 Warscrolls
    ChaosGrobi - Khorne bloodbound - 1/7 warscrolls, jokers used - 1/2
    Darth Alec - Undead - 5/15 Warscrolls
    Djoblo - Stormcast Eternals - 1/10 Warscrolls
    Dunk - Orcs & Goblins and Chaos Warriors - 10/10 Warscrolls, jokers used 0/2
    Elfhead - Slaanesh Chaos - 8/10 Warscrolls, 1/2 jokers used
    Flipmode - chaos - 0/5 warscrolls
    gogs78 - chaos & aelfs - 1/10 Warscrolls
    Gorthor21 - Stormcast Eternals - 17/20 Warscrolls
    Hagen88 - mortal realms tribe of ghur - 0/4 Warscrolls
    Jullevi - Stormcast Eternal - 0/6 Warscrolls, 1/2 jokers used
    Jullevi - Khorne Bloodbound - 0/6 Warscrolls
    Kherith - Elves - 2/10 Warscrolls
    Lordmonkey - elves - 3/12 Warscrolls
    Makure - Forces of destruction - 0/10 Warscrolls, jokers used - 1/2
    meet.the.doctor - Orcs & Goblins, Khorne bloodbound - 12/16 Warscrolls
    Mr Feral - Skaven/Chaos - 4/10 Warscrolls, 1/2 jokers used
    Reggiesson - Stormcast eternals - 4/10 Warscrolls
    Roostmanuva - Stormcast, Chaos & Forest Grots - 8/20 Warscrolls
    Shadowmancer - skaven - 1/10 Warscrolls
    SlyRebirth - Stormcast Eternal/Khorne Bloodbound - 8/20 warscrolls, jokers used - 0/2
    Spiney Norman - Khorne Chaos - 10/20 Warscrolls, 3/2 jokers used
    Vazalar - Stormcast Eternals/forces of order - 1/10 Warscrolls, 2/2 jokers used
    Versatilebeats - Chaos - 4/12 Warscrolls, 1/2 jokers used
    Warseer's Warhammer General has become like a nerdy Jerry Springer. It's quite entertaining.
    Calling all AoS fans, please consider joining Warseer's first Age of Sigmar Tale of Painters

Tale of Painters in the Age of Sigmar - Month 11 (June completed and July WiP)

Hi guys,
    Unfortunately I have to give up my participation in the Tale, as I am going for a business trip for 2 months(+a month of holidays). Maybe I will finish Wurrzag before, but I am not so sure about it.
    It was a great fun, I achieved my goal of having a playable little warband (well not so little more than 60 minis) and I hope I will join you for the next Tale in october (but also for a short while- 3 months, and than back maybe in May).
    Good luck on painting and if you are participating also in the Summer Campaign! I hope that Gork and Mork will arrange a huge destruction among all those weak sigmarines and khorne warriors-wanna-bees, and we Orcs&Goblins are gonna be da best! Waaaaagh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brother Sergeant

Re: Tale of Painters in the Age of Sigmar - Month 11 (June completed and July WiP)

Well, I got some things done this month - but I failed in my aim to sort out an Extremis Chamber (in my defence, I have almost finished one Echelon, and hope to complete the lot this month).

I did manage to get some other jobs done though. I wanted some 'unaligned' Slaves to Darkness to form Archaon's 'proper' army, so did two units of Chaos Warriors (wanted three, but eBay was not kind), a unit of Chaos Knights, and a Lord & Exalted Hero to lead them when the Everchosen is not around.

A really simple paint scheme (used the Varanguard from the Everchosen Painting Guide as a guideline), and I like how the Exalted Hero turned out:

The main reason behind the delay on the Extremis Chamber, however, was Warhammer Quest - I took some time out to get the minis painted from the set so we could try a few games. Couldn't resist adding some of the 'extras' too, like the Exalted Flamer.

And while I haven't done all the Heroes from the set (got enough from Age of Sigmar to be getting on with), I wanted the Knight-Questor to be an option:

Decided I needed some more Heroes from the basic set though:

And, of course, the baddies:

Got a big Khorne-based battle coming up soon, so I added some daemonic reinforcements, including Flesh Hounds (given up on waiting for plastics on these):

Karanak:

Two units of Bloodletters:

And a Herald of Juggernaut:

40k and Age of Sigmar Blog - A Tabletop Gamer's Diary: https://ttgamingdiary.wordpress.com/

Mongoose Publishing: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/

Brother Sergeant

They needed a suitably impressive leader though, and while I have the plastic Daemon Prince done up in Khornate colours, I felt like doing something... more.

All these Khorne models I did as one 'batch' and, being simple, they were very quick to do (one weekend, more or less). Still, thought they looked rather nice together, a nice Khorne 'hunting pack'.

Not to be outdone, the Khorne mortals wanted to get in on the action too, and I took the opportunity to not only finish another character from Warhammer Quest but also tackle the three 'variant' characters that I have had lying around since they were released.

Speaking of reinforcements, the Skaven needed to be bolstered as well so we could fairly do some larger battles - a unit each of Clanrats and Plague Monks, along with a new Warlord and a Warlock Engineer.

And, right at the end of the month, I popped in a Mutalith Vortex Beast - this was a real quickie, using the Warriors of Chaos Painting Guide.

So, will do penance for not getting round tot he Extremis Chamber, but hopefully will have some results on that in next month's post. That just leaves me with, umm, golly, 34 Warscrolls in June!
    40k and Age of Sigmar Blog - A Tabletop Gamer's Diary: https://ttgamingdiary.wordpress.com/

Mongoose Publishing: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/

I had been hoping to clear some of my backlog and buy back a joker this month, but it sadly want to be, I'm very nearly done with a unit of flesh hounds too, but they'll have to wait for next month.

Spiney's Khornate Chaos - June 2016

MONTHLY TOTAL: 2 War scrolls (2 TARGET)
    TOTAL TO DATE: 12 Warscrolls (20 TARGET)

UNIT(S):
    Exalted Deathbringer
    5 Wrathmongers

HIGHS/LOWS
    Lows - not quite finishing the flesh hounds I was working on as well, but there is always next month.
    Highs - Really liked painting the Deathbringer

PICS
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	182.3 KB 
ID:	228955

Views:	24 
Size:	215.3 KB 
ID:	228960

Views:	25 
Size:	324.6 KB 
ID:	228956

Views:	23 
Size:	300.2 KB 
ID:	228957

Views:	30 
Size:	303.5 KB 
ID:	228958

Views:	22 
Size:	313.4 KB 
ID:	228959

Hey guys, a little late in posting my June completions!

The first unit for my Freeguild / Devoted army! Peasant Bowmen, gone with a real muddy theme for them, background is going to be them having been on the move for as long as they can remember.

Name:	2016-07-03 21.25.25.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	362.4 KB 
ID:	229040

Name:	2016-07-03 21.26.25.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	376.4 KB 
ID:	229039

Name:	2016-07-03 21.25.52.jpg 
Size:	357.6 KB 
ID:	229041

6 clanrats I found lying around!

Name:	IMG_2444.jpg 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	229038

3 Minotaurs

Name:  IMG_2445.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  35.8 KB

This month I'm working on a modified Excelsior Warpriest from the Silver Tower set, as well as finally starting on my Great Unclean One! Will hopefully have updates for both on my project log / blog as I go along! (Link in Sig)