Thread: ColShaw's Large Backlog

ColShaw's Large Backlog

So... it turns out, thanks to pledging 2 Reaper Bones Kickstarters, with a third shipping this fall, I've got an awful lot of models needing painting. To try to give myself a swift kick in the hindquarters, I'm starting a project log. We'll see how we go. I started painting these at the beginning of June. 6 models so far!

Some critters:

And with converting my Night Goblins to Kings of War, I discovered I wanted some Giants for them, and to fill out a Troll regiment. Accordingly, 2 Giants and a Troll:

Here's a scale comparison with the Giants, Troll, a Savage Orc, and a Night Goblin, all from my cave-dweller army.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to glue and buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by FraustyTheSnowman View Post
    Anything else I have to say has already been said by Col Shaw...listen to the lego man, he's wise.
    "Ember of Dreams"
    http://www.amazon.com/Ember-Dreams-C...0408773&sr=1-1

Re: ColShaw's Large Backlog

Great to see another new log in the randoms, it's been getting pretty quiet here lately.

Love the pale flesh idea for the cave dwellers. The only thing for me is that the dark recess and pale skin jar a bit, could maybe do with a wash or midtone glaze over the joints between light and dark to feather in the edges a bit.
    The scheme looks great on the savage orc though so maybe it's just on the bigger scale models that the contest looks a bit stark.

Lovely work, look forward to seeing more.
    Check out my log of random things here.
    Currently painting Iyanden Eldar

I agree about the stark contrast (though some of that is the camera flash; dang the white looks bright in these pics!), and I also agree that it's partially a function of the big models. I'll see if I can figure something out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to glue and buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by FraustyTheSnowman View Post
    Anything else I have to say has already been said by Col Shaw...listen to the lego man, he's wise.
    "Ember of Dreams"
    http://www.amazon.com/Ember-Dreams-C...0408773&sr=1-1

I really like the pale skin its what cave dwelling green skinz should look like. Now you need one of those weird long spindly legged arachnarocks.
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...to-paint-again

Since 2017
    Minis bought - 12
    Minis Painted - 6

On the off chance you see this Colshaw, please can you sort your photobucket account, I'm dying to see pics of your Star Wars IG army again and the rest of your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Doi View Post
    Knowing MOMUS I would guess something dirty and/or depraved.
    Or conning you into making a giant-sized Slann.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Inquisitor View Post
    That was pretty epic, MOMUS.