Thread: Tale of Board Game Painters 2015-2016 month 10: June complete & July WIP

Tale of Board Game Painters 2015-2016 month 10: June complete & July WIP

Tale of Board Game Painters 2015-2016

Detailed description on what is going on here
    You can sign up whenever in any progress/WIP thread of the tale!

Painters in this Tale - Game - <#of month's batches painted>/<#of jokers played>
    HereBeDragons - SDE: Caverns of Roxor, SDE: Von Drakk Manor - 4/5
    Daemonslave - WHQ - 3/6
    EmperorNorton - Blood Rage and others - 6/3
    Naryzhud - Zombicide S2/3 - 2/7
    CrayolaSmoker - Star Wars: Imperial Assault, Mice & Mystics - 0/9
    CoveringFire - Space Hulk, Assassinorum: Execution Force - 9/0
    Aku-chan - Kingdom Death: Monster - 5/4
    MLP - Myth - 1/8
    Anzacaine - Puppet Wars: Unstitched - 0/9
    Great horned owl - WFRP/D&D - 6/3
    Boy Milla - SDE - 2/7
    Makure - Dreadball - 1/8
    Rusty Wintertooth - WHQ - 1/8
    Fitzbaron - Heroquest - 0/9
    Roostmanuva - Super Dungeon Explore - 6/3
    chrismisterx - Arcadia Quest - 0/9
    meet.the.doctor - Talisman expansions - 1/8
    ColShaw - Descent 2nd Edition, Battle Masters - 8/0 (Started Month 2)

Finished Board Games this tale:
    ColShaw - Descent 2nd Edition - 39 miniatures
    Covering Fire - Assassinorum: Execution Force - 24 miniatures
    ColShaw - Battle Masters - 105 miniatures

Let me know right away if I'm forgetting something in this list. It's important to get the credit you're due.

In this thread we post finished photos of last month's work. After a while of that we start posting constructive comments on each other's work and some WIP photos of what we're doing this month.

Don't forget you can still sign up anytime!

Happy Painting!

Re: Tale of Board Game Painters 2015-2016 month 10: June complete & July WIP

Sergeants Lorenzo and Gideon reporting for duty!

Sergeant Lorenzo served in the elite 1st Company under the command of First Captain Raphael in the late-500's in M41. At the time he was over 650 standard years old and was a veteran of more wars than any other Terminator veteran in 1st Company. Despite his achievements, one day of failure still haunted him. As a Battle-Brother in a squad of the 3rd Company, Lorenzo was one of only 50 warriors to escape the disastrous boarding action 600 years earlier aboard a Space Hulk in the Secoris System. His Battle-Brothers were butchered around him and though absolved of all responsibility, he continues to question his own courage and commitment. Every day Lorenzo is haunted by these thoughts, and every night for six centuries he has prayed for a chance to redeem himself. His chance finally came after six centuries when the opportunity came for the Blood Angels to expunge this sad event in their Chapter's history during the boarding action of a second Space Hulk, codified the Sin of Damnation.

Sergeant Gideon served in the elite 1st Company under the command of First Captain Raphael in the late-500's in M41. He took part in the famous cleansing of the Space Hulk known as the Sin of Damnation in 589.M41. Sergeant Gideon was considered to be something of a maverick individual, happy to flaunt doctrine and tradition if the need arose. This was no more evident than in his choice of weaponry. Gideon was once a member of a Terminator Assault Squad, but upon being promoted to Sergeant replaced his Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield with the customary Storm Bolter and Power Sword. In the next battle, his armour seized up after being hit by a round from an Ork gun and Gideon declared that its machine spirit had been offended by the change of armament. Ever since, he refused to relinquish his beloved Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield again.

I only have one model left for Space Hulk now - the dead marine on the throne.

I played a few games with the set yesterday and it was a blast to play with painted miniatures!

Veteran Sergeant Great horned owl's Avatar

Re: Tale of Board Game Painters 2015-2016 month 10: June complete & July WIP

This month I have painted Bloody Barnabas (Hordes Minions Warcaster).

His colour is a lot lighter than that of the gators I have painted last month, because of his old age.

Barnabas is perhaps the oldest gatorman in all of western Immoren .....
    He knows no fear and is convinced of his superiority to everything that walks or breathes .....
    But the years have begun to take a toll ....
    He intends to transcend his mortal shell as their new god, and nothing else matters to him ....
    He will assemble all gatormen under one banner to lead them in a great battle, and at the peak of slaughter
    and destruction, he will feast upon the energies of death.
    This energy combined with the reverence of his people will, so he believes, fuel his apotheosis.

(Quoted from Hordes Minions book)

I have put Barnabas on a sacred stone to symbolise his quest to godhood.
    I made this stone from green insulation foam and green stuff.
    On the sides you see a gatorman, an ironback spitter (turtle) and a swamp horror (octopus)

In July I will paint a proxy for Gundrun the wanderer (Ogre).

greetings,
    Owl
    Owl can spell his name ("Wol") and the word "Tuesday" (so that you know it isn't Wednesday). He can also read, although only if no-one is looking over his shoulder.
    (From The house at Pooh corner)