Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: WarSeer is Reborn

Chapter Master

Re: WarSeer is Reborn

Just a thought, but might it be worth 'condensing' the forum somewhat until traffic picks up? The forum seems to be lacking a 'centre' at the moment and the number of sub-forums seems needless given that posting is fairly sporadic.

The project logs forum is still popular but there seems to be several redundant general discussion forums and only a small number of regular posters. Keeping the general GW discussion to one easily identifiable forum might encourage more posters back into the fold.
    Last edited by Spell_of_Destruction; 28-06-2017 at 08:01.

Personally I don't think it is a centre that is lacking.
    To me the problem is that the old structure is gone. The new one does not work for me and I do not enjoy looking for stuff when I do not intuitively know where to look.
    Basically I think there should be some effort put into redoing the Forum in such a way that it resembles the structure Warseer had before the attack.

Chapter Master Karak Norn Clansman's Avatar

Salvation from the Photobucket woes?

How to Automatically Download Linked Photobucket Images, by Sven Arild Helleland (The Red Terror)

@murgel2006: I find the restructuring to be for the better in every way and have been on Warseer since perhaps 2007 thereabouts, but perhaps it's because of the subforums I frequent? It's much easier to have an overlook of subjects.

It seems that Warseer, the largest GW hobby forum around, is the hardest to reach all the way to staff and members with urgent news. Size and sheer width of various niches under one umbrella might be a disadvantage for such purposes, I presume. Or have I missed something about Warseer's response to the Photobucket crisis?

Quote Originally Posted by murgel2006 View Post
    Personally I don't think it is a centre that is lacking.
    To me the problem is that the old structure is gone.
    ++

I miss the "historical" forums. The way things are now organized lets down all the communities that have developed around the old structure. A chance missed, and for what?
    Inquisitorial Advisor - Battle Group Imperators Aegis
    The Death Korps of Krieg @ FW

Chapter Master

Speaking of the forum structure, the feared Warseer Modquisition does not seem to be herding the threads to their rightful places very actively. For example, the General Wargaming Discussion section, described as being to "discuss the games of manufacturers who don't yet have their own forums" seems to have quite a lot of threads about WH40K 8th edition, which would rather belong to the dedicated GW section.
    Who is Griefbringer? Read his poem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenyu
    Since World of Warcraft players manage to get themselves killed due to exhaustion, why should Griefbringer not manage to get himself killed with a regiment of table top miniatures. You´d be a pioneer.

Have you reported all these topics asking for them to be moved?
    Visit 40K Online for all your 40K needs.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente.

That is what I meant. There is so much stuff that belongs to the GW part spread around everywhere.
    Besides that, the Sections do not have the needed sub folders.
    i.e. the 40k Section has "tactics" and "background", where is the News, where is the rules questions? Either it is in a general place or I can not find it.

Because of that I feel many have gone to other forums or even just various facebook groups. Sad really.

Erm...

Is there any consciousness of the Photobucket crisis at all on Warseer?

Any plans to respond? The Red Terror's work might be a starting point. I've no time to volunteer for salvage work here because I'm already doing that over on Chaos Dwarfs Online, but I urge you to save Lew_b81's Ogre Maneater log, the full Hall of Fame section and whatever complete gems happen to stand out in general, whose creators have long gone inactive. Be selective and save the best of the best is my advice. Hobbyists' amassed material are treasures of inspiration, master paintjobs, conversions and even artwork. Will you stand by and just let almost all the old gold go to waste? Members and staff of Warseer, please see this, and act while you can.

Time is of the essence.

Quote Originally Posted by Griefbringer View Post
    Speaking of the forum structure, the feared Warseer Modquisition does not seem to be herding the threads to their rightful places very actively. For example, the General Wargaming Discussion section, described as being to "discuss the games of manufacturers who don't yet have their own forums" seems to have quite a lot of threads about WH40K 8th edition, which would rather belong to the dedicated GW section.
    I have moved numerous threads to GW General Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by murgel2006 View Post
    That is what I meant. There is so much stuff that belongs to the GW part spread around everywhere.
    Besides that, the Sections do not have the needed sub folders.
    i.e. the 40k Section has "tactics" and "background", where is the News, where is the rules questions? Either it is in a general place or I can not find it.

Because of that I feel many have gone to other forums or even just various facebook groups. Sad really.
    Please post your request in the Help Desk or The Future of WarSeer. Organizational updates are requested of the Administration there. Sorry, I have no ability to add Sub-Forums as that is an Administrator only privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Karak Norn Clansman View Post
    It seems that Warseer, the largest GW hobby forum around, is the hardest to reach all the way to staff and members with urgent news. Size and sheer width of various niches under one umbrella might be a disadvantage for such purposes, I presume. Or have I missed something about Warseer's response to the Photobucket crisis?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karak Norn Clansman View Post
    Erm...

Is there any consciousness of the Photobucket crisis at all on Warseer?

Any plans to respond? The Red Terror's work might be a starting point. I've no time to volunteer for salvage work here because I'm already doing that over on Chaos Dwarfs Online, but I urge you to save Lew_b81's Ogre Maneater log, the full Hall of Fame section and whatever complete gems happen to stand out in general, whose creators have long gone inactive. Be selective and save the best of the best is my advice. Hobbyists' amassed material are treasures of inspiration, master paintjobs, conversions and even artwork. Will you stand by and just let almost all the old gold go to waste? Members and staff of Warseer, please see this, and act while you can.

Time is of the essence.
    Karak Norn Clansman,

Most active members of WarSeer are making decisions on their own on whether or not they intend to move their material to other sites for hosting purposes. As to inactive members, until the Gallery is fully functional there really is no place to save the images to. The issue has been raised by at least one of us, however unless Photobucket does shut it's doors the images will not disappear from those member's accounts. The code to create thumbnails was passed on a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisado View Post
    Have you reported all these topics asking for them to be moved?
    Any thread move requests I have received have been moved within 48 hours as I am not on WarSeer every day...although the handful I have received are using completed with 24 hours.

Sincerely,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Presently selling fully painted OOP WHFB Orcs, OOPS GW Books, Wave Serpent - Interested in buying a Citadel Realm of Battle Board Carrying Bag

This may be the wrong place to bring this up, but is WarSeer likely to support HTTPS? You can get certificates for free fairly trivially now, so its something that should be on the road map at least of any site which has a login systems.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10