Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: And onto this - Conan! Destined to wear the jewelled crown of Aquilonia...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

And onto this - Conan! Destined to wear the jewelled crown of Aquilonia...

... upon a troubled brow.

Got my boxed sets the other day from the Kickstarter project. Goal for summer - paint up all 90+ minis so I can start playing it with my friends.

Chapter Master Morglum Necksnapper's Avatar

Re: And onto this - Conan! Destined to wear the jewelled crown of Aquilonia...

Good luck with that. I have the Conan game as well, but too many projects prevent me from having a go at it.

Subscribed.

Brother Sergeant

Ooh nice! huge conan fan, was very sad to miss the KS I'll watch this with a lot of interest! Good luck!

Thanks guys. Phase #1 completed this afternoon. All the pieces washed in soapy water and then primed with a white undercoat.

Conan and five pirates completed. I really need to stop taking photos with a phone - it just doesn't match up to what a proper camera can do. Next time for sure I'll try to get an in-focus shot of the man himself.

Excited to see how this turns out! It's a much more realistically-scaled and proportionate style than GW, eh?
    My Vampire Counts/HeroQuest Plog: http://www.wickedmetal.blogspot.com
    I'm coining it right now, Warhammer 20K.
    Violently opposed to plogs with LINKS to big pictures, instead of big pictures on the plog...
    "If you make me click through, no comments for you!"

Yes in some ways. The scale is a bit random really to be honest. For example there are alternative Pirate sculpts that I've nearly finished, but they look pretty small compared to the five guys above. I suspect that's in large part down to having a number of different sculptors making the minis.

Pict Warriors and Hunters and Archers finished up.

Lots of Picts

And Pirates. Lots of Pirates

Hyenas completed. (Should that be Hyeni?)

I see what you mean about the different scales. Regardless, they all look very good painted up.
    Looking forward to more pictures!
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

Blood for the Blood God!: My Word Bearers Plog

This might inspire me to paint my own. Subscribed. Nice start!
    mrtn's painting blog

Photobucket are bastards.

Thanks Mrtn. Hope I don't disappoint.

Finished Shevatas, the King of thieves for Conan.

And herewith Conan and Shevatas hold off a ravenous pack of Hyenas

Next up Zogar Sag the Pictish Shamen which is just waiting for the varnish to dry.

Zogar Sag finished and seen with a couple of his Pictish chums...

Nearly finished figures enough to run the first scenario.

Great work, looking forward to seeing the rest of these.

Thanks Stylus.

Finished the first 15 skellingtons last night. Frankly I really dislike these figures. They have a nasty combination of lots of fiddly small details and very poor definition. The other batches of skellingtons seem much better defined than this lot so hopefully they will cause me less frustration.

Been busy with some real world projects of late, so not much time for painting. However today I managed to finish a couple of figures.

First up, the giant snake.

And then Pelias the mage - one of the few Conan trusts.

And eight months on I've returned to the world of Conan. Almost finished the guards. I've got to varnish them and cover with Dullcoat but the weather is most certainly not co-operating with that. And then when that is done I will finish the bases and that's them completed.

Great looking figures! I just finished reading Robert Jordan’s two Conan books for the 8th time ( maybe more?). Might look into this game as well.

Littleborough, Lancashire. Hub of the Universe

The guards are looking good. Pretty impressive seeing them all like that. I think my favourites are your picts. Funny you not liking the detailing on that particular batch of skellies, as I think your painting on those really stands out. Very effective. My dad is a big Conan fan. I think seeing his Conan paperbacks and Marvel Savage Sword lying around the house had a big influence on me when I was a kid. I had thought of getting the game for me and my dad to play but I was skint at the time. Can you grasp the rules quickly or is it one where you need to spend the first evening going through the game without actually playing it? Looking forward to seeing the completed set :-)

I've only played it as a player so far. My boss at work bought a set at the same time as me (yes we are both geeks and he has a serious kickstarter addiction problem). He watched a couple of youtube videos on how to run it as the Evil Overlord first and it seemed to run smoothly. Only thing I can say is that to make the first evening go smooth, make sure you assemble all the cards, models etc. you need in one place.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast