Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Angels in Black and the Terrors of the Night.

Re: Angels in Black and the Terrors of the Night.

I like your choice of colours. The blue is very sinister and I really dig the purple on the one character's cloak. Some sort of mid-colour (like a very light blue-grey maybe) may help you get even better results on the lightning patterns.

Those Imperial Army dudes look amazing. Great models.

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

I'd recommend moving your images to Imgur or Flickr. Photobucket's unnecessary and proprietary limit appears to have been reached.

Thread updated with new pictures as Photobucket killed the previous, as long as Imgur behaves they should all be viewable.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Goddard View Post
    Thread updated with new pictures as Photobucket killed the previous, as long as Imgur behaves they should all be viewable.
    Can confirm they are, so whats next on the painting table?
    If you like the Horus Heresy, mediocre painting and terrible camera work, check out my plog! For The Emperor and Sanguinius!

Mat Ward Fact #1432- To appease the few wargamers dissatisfied with his work, Mat Ward has used his own money to set up a help-line for them to call. Please dial 1-800-WHOGIVESA****
    Guild up to join the Mat Ward Defence League!

Always nice to see SA, especially nicely painted ones!
    If you like the Horus Heresy, mediocre painting and terrible camera work, check out my plog! For The Emperor and Sanguinius!

Mat Ward Fact #1432- To appease the few wargamers dissatisfied with his work, Mat Ward has used his own money to set up a help-line for them to call. Please dial 1-800-WHOGIVESA****

Really didn't think it had been a month since last upload. Time flies.

@Nagash66 Thankyou, I'm enjoying working on the Solar, next up on the table is another Veletaris section and the first Quad Mortar. (I'm only planning three of them as I like having opponents. Rest will be Multilaser Rapiers.)

So here's the first Veletaris Section.

Commander

Looking good

I return with reinforcements.

Managed to complete a couple things this month.
    First up is the Lightning. It's used in pretty much all of my lists, yet it's sat basecoated for two, two and a half years. So I thought it was time to do something with it. It's still pretty basic paintwise as I'm not a big painter of tanks and armour. But my thought is I'll do all the tanks I need to a similar level then go back and work on each of them to bring them up to the level of something big I'm working on.

Also decided to raid the spares to add to the base, seeing one of my main opponents plays Word Bearers I already knew what colours it would be in. I thought I'd try doing a scorched effect on the back/ top of the dead Deredo. Overall I'm happy with it.

Onto the Rapier.

The crew were painted the same way as the Storm Section, but for the Rapier I went with the same effect as the flyer and the model below for the greys. I thought I'd try something different and used foam to apply the paint and build it up slightly lighter as I went, sadly the pics don't show the effect as well as it should.

And the Stormhammer comes forth. Currently only the center is complete, as I'm painting it in sections, I didn't realise how much I needed to paint gold on this until I started. It never ends..

Besides the Stormhammer I'm working my way through the second Volkite squad, with two Leman Russ Vanquishers to follow.

Great looking stuff mate, love the base on the lighting, nice to see more solar auxillia too. Keep it up.

Nice work there Commissar Goddard.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Really nice metals and wear on them. Really subtle heat and friction stress markings that really set them apart.

The stuff on your base might be better than some of my characters. :P

Thanks guys

I kept looking at this and feeling guilty that I hadn't managed to complete anything recently. Though, I should hopefully have something to add to the log over the next couple days, finally managed to sit down and get some paint applied.
    Last edited by Commissar Goddard; 15-11-2017 at 00:53.

And here's what I've managed to complete. Just a single squad, but the Raptors have sat basecoated for a little while. While the Sargent was actually the test model for the metalic scheme. So it's nice to finally be able to say they're currently finished for now. ( The plan is to add more to the squad and build a second eventually.)

And a shot of them with Konrad

Next up on the painting table is a Night Lords Contemptor currently being upgraded from the previous paint scheme to the new one. Then back to the Solar to complete the second Choom squad and a Flame section.

Hopefully they should be completed over the next couple weeks as I get back into painting again.

Painting mojo seems to be back, so yay!

Sat down last night and managed to repaint the Contemptor for the Night Lords, I was slightly worried about doing it, as while the infantry have turned out well, transferring it to tanks haven't worked that well in the past.

So here he is.

I did try and play more with lightening the plates where light would hit, though I don't think it comes through too well in the photos.

Contemptor looks great, especially like the skull helm paint job. The lack of bone white adds to the darker night lords theme.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2