Thread: Imperium Secundus: Rebuilding

Imperium Secundus: Rebuilding

+ 'Lost? Lost, you say?' the Rubricist shook his head, gently. 'Records may be over-written; information hidden or recollated; but it is never truly lost. not while one soul remembers. Here, for example.' With a slow wave, he swept his hand, haptically-enhanced with a filigreed steel calligraphrame, across the memory banks. They were in a sorry state of affairs. Smoke and dust lay heavy over them. Both time and disaster had clearly eaten through the brass discs and crystalline plates of mnemo-storage. 'Here. This may look bad now, but I'm sure there's something.' +

+ He and his companions knelt, and began picking through the shards. They worked in silence for some time, the only sound the soughing of the wind, and the occasional scrape of metal on stone. After a short period, the red-cowled autolocutor's skin creased around his sallow cheeks. He stood slowly, pneumatics hissing. 'The Hypon monolith!' +

+++
    A time of hidden conflict and secret warfare; when battle-lines were drawn and re-drawn between brother and brother. This is a record of those times, set forth by autolocutor Apologist.

The ancient and crumbling Apocrypha of Davio, a relic of the Second Founding, lists eight successor Chapters to the Thirteenth Legion.

The later Apocrypha of Skaros states there were twenty-three successors to the Ultramarines, but does not list them all...

Herein lies the tale of the brethren of the Praetors of Calth...
    '

So began my painting log all the way back in May 2006. A lot's happened since then, but the Ultramarines of the 15th Chapter 'Praetors of Calth' were always one of my favourite armies. The burndown of Warseer means that I've got the opportunity to start over; so instead of lots of different blogs for my various armies and projects, I thought I'd keep one central blog here for all my Space Marine and Imperial forces. I hope you'll join me for the ride!
    +++
    What can we expect?

Ultramarines The Praetors of Calth

Ultramarines
    190th Company

Iron Warriors Officio Monstrosa

Imperial Fists Team Fisto

Iron Hands May You Live Forever

Blood Angels Echo Choir

...and doubtless some other bits and pieces. Warseer was always a great site for me, I'm delighted it's back, and I hope you'll join me in sifting through the wreckage to rebuild.
    Last edited by Apologist; 02-12-2016 at 08:44.
    Imperium Secundus
    Rebuilding painting blogs

Industrious, bionically-enhanced member of the Plastic Crack Rehab Clinic

Re: Imperium Secundus: Rebuilding

I like your paintning, it look like John Blanche style.
    My Imperium Blog : Faith of the Imperium

WARHAMMER-40k-CAMPAIGNS.COM - Follow this unique website project of 40k campaigns since the beginning on our Facebook!

Commander

Thumbs up.
    If GW was a Chaos god, they'd be fueled by nerd rage.@MrBigMr

Walls fall. Fists do not!!!

IF 5th company :
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...63#post5924863

Brother Sergeant

Dude I follow your blog! I love your painting style? Would you call it impressionist?

Re-following this most awesome of logs, your work on the Praetors is some of my favorite 40K work.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Culven
    That's easy. The answer is +++ message edited by the Ordos of His Holy Inquisition to prevent spread of forbidden knowledge+++. Also, the sound of one hand clapping is +++ message edited by the Ordos of His Holy Inquisition to prevent spread of forbidden knowledge+++ and when a tree falls in the forest it +++ message edited by the Ordos of His Holy Inquisition to prevent spread of forbidden knowledge+++ a sound.

I've always been a fan of your work - consider me subscribed!
    I am the monkey and I can go anywhere :chrome:

View my Blood Angel and Imperial Guard project log - http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228657

Pure class as always Apologist!
    Your work is always inspirational.

Warwick, Warwickshire, England, UK, NW Europe, Sol-3, Eastern Spiral Arm

Subscribed!

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Love stuff!

Are you excited you'll be able to buy Primaris Marine helmets to take the place of sculpting your own soon?

Love your style apologist

Those are some damn fine marines!
    If you like the Horus Heresy, mediocre painting and terrible camera work, check out my plog! For The Emperor and Sanguinius!

Mat Ward Fact #1432- To appease the few wargamers dissatisfied with his work, Mat Ward has used his own money to set up a help-line for them to call. Please dial 1-800-WHOGIVESA****
    Guild up to join the Mat Ward Defence League!

Great stuff there Apologist.

Cheers,

CB

PS: 5/5 for the Thread.

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update any photos that have been lost in the hack.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Presently selling a fully painted OOP WHFB Orc, Empire and Dark Elves - come see here